Legendary Gem leveling bug

while leveling my legendary gems for journey task i noticed that i uped 1 Lgem to 35lvl and so on game take it as i uped 3 gems. same goes for conquest that require to up 3 ggems to 65lvl i uped only one and boom 1 conquest is done. uped 1 gem insted of 3 to 65.

Let me guess, you also have two high-level Whispers of Atonement (which count as legendary gems) so whilst you’re levelling the legendary gem, it counts the two whispers and one legendary gem for the tasks.

On One of my accounts I have 3 Whispers of Atonement at 99, 99, & 123. On the season journey it is telling me I still need to lvl gem to 35, 45, & 55 & 70.

I have restarted the game 3 times and it still telling I need to lvl 3 gems.

On my other accounts I have the 3 Whispers of Atonement over 90 and it said that the gems are at lvl 35, 45, 55 & 70 for the season journey.

Plus on these 2 accounts the only gem I have over 70 are the Whispers of Atonement. everything is below 50. Plus the season journey is all done on them too.

Yes, because the journey tasks are triggered by a gem (or a whisper) going across the level requirement not for them being above the requirement. Your whispers dropped at above 70 so they don’t count for the level transition tasks. When you level a gem (or a whisper) from 69 to 70, you’d get the task done for levelling 3 gems to 70.

1 Like

I would note there is also some manner of a time delay between having the whispers drop and having the season completion update. For us we got the 3 gems and it wasn’t until 10 minutes later that the season completed.

You would think that with all the hundreds of bugs reports about this for the past several years Blizzard would have anticipated this being reported more than ever before.

Blizzard needs to change the trigger for the conquest, or at the very least remove the conquest and make a new one that is actually a challenge and not so cryptic.

The wording on the Conquest says to “Level 3 legendary gems to level 65”. Full Stop.

It says nothing about whispers gems, or that you need to have all of them in your inventory at the same time WHILE you are upgrading one of them at Urshi, AND before you use one of them for Caldessan’s Despair upgrade.

If the wording on the Conquest is correct, then whisper gems should not count, and gems should be tracked even if you use them for an augment or if they are on another hero, or have been lost due to HC death, etc.

If not, then they need to write a paragraph description for the conquest or come up with a new conquest that matches the current game.

The Conquest description no longer matches what the requirements are. It needs to be Rewritten, Reworked, Reinvented, Replaced, or Removed. Or maybe some other “R” word…

2 Likes

WOW did you really read what I wrote or are you again trying to tell how things work???

“Account 1 & 2” the season journey is done. All my Leg Gem are under 50. The 3 Whispers of Atonement gem are all over 90. Plus trigger the conquest right away!!!

“Account 3” The season journey is not done and it is telling me I have to still LVL 3 gems up. Plus I have 3 Whispers of Atonement gem over 90. Plus didn’t trigger the conquest!!!

On the 3rd account I did get it trigger the conquest. I had to lvl one leg gem from 35 to 36. That trigger the conquests. Plus that was over hour from the time I got last Whispers of Atonement.

Here are people having a problem with the 3 Whispers of Atonement over 70 not triggering the conquest. One had to wait 10 mins, I had to lvl up a gem from 35 to 36.

So Meteorblade what now you going to come back and say it isn’t a Bug!!! LOL LOL LOL

I already know how it works. I even posted a screenshot of how it works…

Again, they dropped above 90. You did not level them up to get them there. Look at the screenshot in the thread I linked. I had two whispers above 70, but I got the “level 3 gems to 70” task of Guardian done when I levelled a gem from 69 to 70. At the point you rank any gem (or whisper) up, it’s at that time it checks to see if you have three gems, whispers or combination of both at sufficient rank.

Yes, I’m saying it’s not a bug, and the screenshot I provided in the other thread shows why not.

Again you are trying to tell me how it works. I know how it works. It doesn’t matter if you have 3 Whispers of Atonement at 70 or you have 3 leg gems at 70. It should trigger the conquest.

Again and try to understand what I’m saying here.

I have 3 accounts. On two of them when I got my 3rd Whispers of Atonement it trigger the conquests up to 70 on those 2 of the accounts. All my Leg Gem were at about lvl 35. So the 3 Whispers of Atonement trigger it. You following me on this!!!

Again and try to understand what I’m saying here.

On the 3rd account when I got the 3rd Whispers of Atonement. It didn’t trigger the conquests. All three of them were over lvl 90. Like it did on the 2 other accounts. All my other Leg Gem were at about lvl 35. Just like the other 2 accounts.

So why did it trigger the first 2 account with the 3 Whispers of Atonement, but not the 3rd???

What part you don’t understand I have 3 Whispers of Atonement above 90 and it didn’t trigger the conquests!!!

So stop trying to tell me I have to lvl 3 gems to 70. No matter if they are leg gem or Whispers of Atonement to 70. When I have 3 Whispers of Atonement at 90 and above!!! no conquest for 35, 45, 55, 70.

Plus you are trying to tell somebody that has played every season. Plus lvl up 3 gems to 70 on 3 accounts many many times to get the conquests. WOW

I had to lvl up 1 gem from 35 to 36 to trigger the conquests. Where the 3 Whispers of Atonement at 90 should have done that!!!

tldr:

You keep saying that you know all of this already, and for people to stop telling you how the game works, but then you sound surprised when it works the same way that it always has.

It is even the #1 item stickied at the top of the bug report forums because it has been misreported so many times over the years.

See: Things That Are NOT Bugs

NOT BUGS

1. Gem Level Requirements for Season Journey:
    Urshi has to see 3 gems above the required level at the same time. If you used one as an augment or transferred to another character, it no longer counts. Once the 3rd gem reaches the requirement, it will complete but all must be available either equipped/inv/stash at the same time.

You seem to be ignoring the part of the conquest where it says “LEVEL”, and that it is talking about Urshi and her dialog. In plain English: “This means talking to Urshi after completing any level GR in under 15 minutes and raising the level of any gem using her gemup dialog while having access to 3 gems at level 65 or greater”. That is the trigger for the conquest.

If you understand this, then don’t bother reading below…

The first part of your statement above is correct, but the 2nd half is not correct. Leveling a gem in front of Urshi is the trigger, when she can see 3 gems at level 65 or higher accessible to your current hero.

Having 3 gems at level 90 will not trigger the conquest, and that is what you say has happened. This is all working properly.

This is not correct. Leveling a gem in front of Urshi is the trigger, when she can see 3 gems at level 65 or higher accessible to your current hero.

“Having” 3 gems at level 90 will not trigger the conquest, and from what you are telling us, it it not triggering it. So all is well, and it is working as it always has.

Correct. That will not trigger it. Leveling a gem in front of Urshi is the trigger, when she can see 3 gems at level 65 or higher accessible to your current hero.

Because you actually leveled a gem in front of Urshi on the first 2 accts to get the conquest, but expected it to trigger on the 3rd acct when you got your 3rd gem. Leveling a gem at Urshi is not the same thing as obtaining a pre-leveled gem. The trigger is the leveling up part which is done by Urshi.

No one said that. You just have to level ANY gem so that Urshi looks in your stash/inventory/gear to see that you have at least 3 gems at level 65.

Simply having 3 gems at level 65 or higher will not trigger the conquest. Picking them up and holding them will not trigger it. Socketing them will not trigger it. Using them as augments will not trigger it. The only thing that will trigger it is when you LEVEL ANY gem in front of Urshi while your current hero has access to all 3 gems at level 65 or higher.

I agree with you that it SHOULD work differently, but it doesn’t.

URSHI has to PERSONALLY see you level a gem in her presence while you have access to all 3 gems at level 65 or greater at the same time.

I don’t know how many other ways to say it, and you keep saying you are a veteran of this game, and yet you do not know this, and you won’t listen to other players…

This is correct. You did not “LEVEL” any of those whispers gems with a dialog with Urshi. They dropped leveled already. I am sure they will count for the conquest when you raise the level on ANY gem in front of Urshi and she sees them. Again, Urshi is the one who gives you this conquest, and she requires that you LEVEL a gem using her gem leveling popup/dialog.

This is not a bug since it has always worked this way, but I still think they need to change it.

Just accept that Urshi made you jump through a technical hoop, and level up a gem even though you already “had” 3 gems at level 90, then move on with your life.

Yes, it is all wordplay in the conquest. Level up vs obtain, and the fact that Urshi is the one that gives it, and that she has to be able to see them all at once, and that she only checks your gem levels when you talk to her after completing a GR, etc.

Regardless, don’t expect them to write all of that fine print under the conquest description or for them to rework an achievement for a passing season when “good enough” will do.

But then you already knew all of this, so why should they bother changing anything?

3 Likes

Here is another one that is just like him. What don’t understand I have 3 gems at 90. I know how to lvl gems.

YOU DON’T HAVE TO LEVEL ANY OTHER GEMS!!! YOU NEED ONLY THE 3 Whispers of Atonement at lvl 70 OR ABOVE TO TRIGGER THE CONQUEST.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE 3 WHISPERS OF ATONEMENT GEMS AT 70 OR ABOVE YOU DON’T NEED TO LEVEL ANY OTHER GEMS FOR THE CONQUEST!!!

The 3rd account didn’t do that like the other two account did. When I got my 3rd Whispers of Atonement at lvl 90 it didn’t trigger the conquest. Plus I didn’t have to go Urshi on the 2 other account. WOW you 2 don’t think there is a problem. ts.

But you 2 keep telling me I have to level gem to 70 to get the conquest. When I already have 3 gems at 90 and above. PLEASE YOU DON’T NEED ANY OTHER GEMS AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE 3 WHISPERS OF ATONEMENT GEMS AT 70.

The point is:
There is a difference between “level up a gem to rank X” and “have a gem at rank X”.

1 Like

You think this is a problem, but it has always worked this way. I also think it should be changed, but Blizzard disagrees.

If it were a bug, then Blizzard would have responded to literally hundreds of threads before this one over the many years that it has been brought to their attention, and they would not have it stickied at the top of the forums.

This season is only slightly different from previous seasons, but here is what would have happened in a different season:

You create a hero and level 2 gems to 65 and one gem at a lower level.
You then create another hero, that needs different gems.
You level 2 different gems to 65, and one gem at a lower level.

You have now leveled 4 gems to level 65, but you do not get the conquest.

Even if you put all 4 level 65 gems in the stash or socket them at the same time, you will not get the conquest.

This is when people come to the forums to complain. And you are here with the many hundreds of people before you. You have the gems. No one denies this. But URSHI can not see them.

BUT,

If you then open a level 1 GR and level a gem from 0 to 1, and have the 3 gems in your stash, you will get the conquest because Urshi can now see that you have completed the requirements.

That is how it has always worked, and that is how it works now. Nothing has changed.

I think it should work differently, but Blizzard disagrees since it has been reported HUNDREDS of times and is stickied at the top of the forums as NOT being a bug.

If you want to see something changed, then this is the wrong forum.

This is also stickied at the top of the forums: How to Write a Good Bug Report

Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.

1 Like

Again, that is wrong. Why is this so difficult to understand? The game does not check continually whether you reached any of the legendary gem achievements. The only time the game checks is when you attempt to level a gem with Urshi. Beyond that, the game makes no further checks. So it doesn’t matter what gems you have outside of this. Not a bug.

If you don’t believe us, then run another GR, make sure that Urshi can see the 3 WoA gems, then attempt to level a gem (doesn’t matter which one). Then you should be able to get the achievements.

2 Likes

He already got the conquest a long time ago, before he made the first post.

They have this one stickied at the top of the forums as not being a bug, so I am not sure what the discussion is about, other than trying to make it abundantly clear that it has always been this way.

As the game gets more complicated, I do think they need to adapt the conquests to match the current game. But since they remain silent, then I have to assume they approve of things like this after so many people have complained about them.

I also think they need to change the Set dungeon conquest allowing sets of different classes such as a DH wearing a Monk or Barb set. Also, the “No set items GR 45”. After they added the LoD gem, that conquest should have been replaced, in my opinion.

Maybe someone at Blizz will read this anyway…