Legacy of Dreams reason plz

I’m sure I’m not the only one who is upset about this, but just so I can have at least a real answer aside from wild speculation, why is it that the LoD gem did not get its max upgrade levels reduced?
I thought we made it perfectly clear on the forums that 99 levels is too much for this gem.
So, before I and many others who discover this gem or learn that our feedback was ignored react, can we get a blue post explaining why this gem was left as is?

1 Like

Why does it matter how many lvls there are? whether its 25,50,100 or or 150. Only thing that matter is you have the option of a gem or the lon rings for the same buff.

Because it becomes completely useless after it helps you get your full set from the 1st 4 steps of the season journey. After that, the only time this gem will even be considered an option is AFTER already being powerful enough to do GR 95 or higher. This gem is meant to help those players who are trying to build LoN builds from the start of the season, not switch to a LoN build around GR 100.

1 Like

It is meant to do alot of things. Give you the option on rings vs gem,help players that don’t have full ancients yet and give end game build something to play around with. I know for a fact Bazooka will use this gem at every lvl. And 99 is a super easy gem to lvl.

2 Likes

Maybe for people who play in full parties, but for any solo player, getting to 99 is going to be damn near impossible without relying on a set to get there first.
Don’t assume your experience is the same for everyone.

4 Likes

Nonsense. Just about any character can do a GR100 solo.

5 Likes

You must not have read the entire thread because my point is about a player relying completely on this gem from the start of a season. There is no way the average player is getting anywhere near GR 100 without this gem being maxed out and nearly all of their gear being ancient. This is also assuming they have had the best of luck getting all the drops they need for their LoN build. So, in reality, no, I do not believe that anyone aside from the most skilled will be able to pull it off.

1 Like

nobody plays lon until they have base gear anyways. they use there normal set until the lon set is better. And if you cant for some reason get gem to 99 play the standard with the standard lon rings. Noone is making you use the gem you say is bad design.

3 Likes

You are not really meant to use this gem the entire time. But it should be super useful in getting past chapter 4 for the free set. And again, later on, to complete your LoD build.

2 Likes

Regardless of all of these personal opinions the main fact from my original post remains.

Nearly all of the feedback I saw about the LoD gem was that it should have it’s upgrade cap lowered. If you don’t believe me, go read it for yourselves. This deserves an answer from the Devs.

But this thread actually got me thinking of a fun side mode Blizz could add to D3 that would be fun to prove a point as well as scratch an itch for challenge seekers.
Add a 3rd option to seasons aside from normal and hardcore that could be called something like “dreamers” or something where you do not have access to any set pieces, including crafted ones, and you are forced to play solo, but start with this LoD gem in your possession (but keep the 99 upgrade levels). Everything else would be the same as a normal season. I’d like to see what the leaderboards look like in that mode…

1 Like

You do not need a lvl 99 gem to reach a Grift 99

1 Like

Yea… leveling this gem to reasonable levels without a set or if you don’t want a set and use LoN instead will take some time definitely.

I do believe you because I know since I did read. Also I was in favor of lowering the max level for this gem and accordingly adjust it. Well, blizzard knows the best as always.

1 Like

I got the gem and had it at 99 in an hour. Not really that hard.

2 Likes

Let’s analyze your super “constructive” feedback/opinion shall we?
1: You did not do this solo
2: Even if you did, you did this on a non-season toon with a build that can already do around GR 100 quickly with all the paragon you have accumulated plus all your resources.

That sound about right? Thought so.

I did try to avoid these kinds of ridiculous responses with my OP, but it seems people just can’t be bothered to read and post accordingly…

3 Likes

Sure it’s easy to level it to 99 in an hour or even less with 1760 paragon level, 110+ lvl legendary gems and 105+ caldesans on all items :roll_eyes:

I would rather make the gem max 49 level instead of 99, this way you could start testing various LoD builds earlier in season 18.

2 Likes

Assume you get lucky and drop useable LoN rings early on - how long before you have a fully viable, cohesive set of all ancient gear?? The LoD gives you a partial bonus for ANY leg (and 2x that bonus for ancient)…which you can use as you build to full ancients and LoN if you wish…

1 Like

No, not really.

For starters, you don’t even NEED to get to 99 to really get power from it. Keep in mind that the ACTUAL GR difference between rank 50 of the current gem, and rank 99, is…

5 GRs. That’s it. Going from rank 50 on the LoD gem all the way to rank 99 will only reward you with an extra 5 GR on your push.

That’s an INCREDIBLY small boost overall.

Rank 50 will be easy as pie.

Overall, this gem…

Is immediately stronger then the 4 piece bonus of the starter sets of Monk, Crusader, Necromancer, Witch Docter, and Wizard…

Beats the Crusader’s starter set (Akkhans) at only 15 ranks in terms of raw multiplier…

Beats Akkhans handily at a mere 30 ranks…

Beats Pestilence in terms of raw multiplier at ~35 ranks…

And will beat Delsere’s at roughly rank 88.

Of course, this DOES assume full ancients. Full non-ancients is double the GR value (So 30 to beat Akkhans, 70 for Pestilence)

Really, the only issue I see with this gem is that it isn’t the guaranteed drop gem that ppl get for their first GR.

In terms of progression, you will be able to IMMEDIATELY slot this gem, and start progressing without losing damage output unless you already have a full 6 piece slot, OR you are playing Barb/DH this season.

Even if you do have a 6 piece bonus, you can still drop the set and steadily progress up to roughly rank 60 with this gem over 20 GRs, never using a set. If you have full ancients at this time (Remember that outside of critical pieces such as +500% damage bracers/weapons or whatnot, all other pieces can be whatever Ancient you find first) then you can progress to the max GR 99 over an additional ~10 GRs.

Really, the only issue with this gem is that it is NOT the first guaranteed Gem you get for your first GR (Which is still BotP, now an extremely weaksauce gem)

4 Likes

I can’t even get a LoN build going before getting at least GR80 sometimes I do not even have both rings at this time, so it makes no real difference unless you get some insane luck and find all 13 ancient items your build will need after all the gem still provides half the benefit from having legendary items equipped while for LoN they would do nothing.

1 Like

This is another problem which was pointed out. God knows, maybe you will get LoD as a last drop. It was suggested to make a first gem for a player as a choice when you complete a GR and let’s say approach Urshi…

Of course, f*ck off and go depend on RNG instead of starting to level it immediately.

I don’t like that the gem has that many levels but if at least it would be first drop it would be much more convenient. Now it is a double clusterf*ck taking into consideration high level.

Gonna pray to gods to get fortunate and get it to drop during first 5 GR runs.