Legacy of Dreams needs guaranteed drop

That’s cool man, mistakes happen. I’ve been caught out once, or twice myself. Particularly on math. I don’t attempt math anymore.

If more people owned up to their mistakes, the world would be a better place.

1 Like

That’s fair. This is something you pick up as you re-do seasons over and over again, but if you require something in writing; well… I googled it. I can’t post the link, but it comes from a D3 Necromancer Fresh level 70 guide from teamBRG.

Bane of the Powerful is a great gem for the early game. The good thing is, it’s the first legendary gem to drop from GRs. Its power maxes out at 25 and will serve you for a long time yet.

1 Like

Found it.

Thank you. My apologies. And not to dispute you, but I still want to watch this in future Seasons. Only because I could swear it hasn’t been my first drop.

I’m mainly just curious. As I said before, it doesn’t take me long to collect them all anyway. And I have them all by the time I really need them. :wink:

1 Like

I posted the video you requested, in case you didn’t see it.

1 Like

I see it now, in your edited reply to DonMartin.

Will check it out shortly. Thank you. And my apologies to you as well.

You see? You can teach an old dog new tricks. :blush:

I will definitely be paying closer attention in the future.

1 Like

No sweat. Roosevelt said it best. “Trust, but verify.”

I am a little surprised you don’t know this little tidbit of Diablo mechanics, but tbh someone asked me how Shield pylons worked, if they reflected a flat % or all the damage, and I honestly had no idea. These things happen.

I like that. That’ll have to be my new catchphrase. :wink:

That’s nothing. I’ve been playing since release and just recently, in the past year, learned how LoN works. (Although, I don’t usually play LoN builds).

The LoN description says:

While this is your only Item Set bonus every Ancient item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 750% and reduces your damage taken by 4%.

Now, English is my native language. And when I read this, I interpret it as:

Even though this is the Set’s only Bonus, this is what it does: blah, blah, blah.

It would be more clear if it said:

As long as no other Set Bonuses are active, this Set does: blah, blah, blah.

ILSNT

I think a good idea is add a cube recipe that transform any level 0 legendary gem into another one.

Huh…Killing Diablo to get the gem…I like that idea alot actually.

1 Like

Wait till you read Tal Rasha’s 6 piece, try to figure THAT one out.

I still don’t know how Shield pylons reflect damage.

So it does look like BotP does drop on your first GR completed. There’s now a post of a link from another player’s guide and a video of it. Again I didn’t mean to deny the assumption, I just can’t remember this was ever a thing, and it doesn’t look like there was an official note from blizzard about it.

BoTP is always first gem to drop. I thought it is common knowledge, apparent it is not.

If you remember otherwise, its the Mandala effect.

2 Likes

I legit wanted to know, its not a troll question. There’s nothing wrong with trying to fact-check the information you’ve been provided. You shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet right away.

this so does not need to be the 2nd ring to drop. BotP is first and useful for most builds and as such is why they chose it. Otherwise there’s like 20(ish) more gems, really you can’t be bother to run those before you get your precious LoD? it literally takes less than an hour to do that once you’re running GRs.

Right now my biggest issue with LoD is that it requires a massive 99 levels to reach full power. During seasons, players can easily have most of if not all of a LoN build ready well before they can get that high a GR level. The gem really needs to cap at Rank 49 (total 50 ranks starting from Rank 0) to put it more in line with real world LoN time investment requirements.

4 Likes

really you can’t be bother to run those before you get your precious LoD? it literally takes less than an hour to do that once you’re running GRs.

I think “once you’re running GRs” is the key phrase here. The new gem means one of two things to players: it’s either
A) something that fuels a handful of meta LoN builds in the endgame content
-or-
B) a completely alternative path to farming, bypassing sets and just using whatever drops to construct your build

It’s already the former, nothing will change that. But if a player has to level to 70 and then 1) complete enough of season journey to get haedrigs, 2) farm keys in torment, and 3) do the ~20ish GR’s required to 100% drop of LoD, it’s already too late for the beauty of the latter option.

I think that’s why blizz made the gem work with legendaries, and not just ancients. They like that it helps brand new lvl 70’s. And most players liked that too last season. It’s a really fun way to play the game that highlights to core experience.

1 Like

Getting leg gem is such a trivial thing. They could give us all the legendary gem at once upon reaching 70 and it would absolutely makes no difference in the big picture.

Back in the day Shield Pylon indeed reflected damage, but since it was introducing a lot of additional lag (there was people dying in HC with activated Shield Pylon since it lagged out on them) reflect damage was completely removed from them.

From Diablo wiki:

• Shielding : You gain a shield that makes you completely invulnerable to all forms of attacks, including control impairment effects, for 60 seconds.

I can’t remember what patch it was that removed reflect; and i’m to lazy to google for it now.

Why not? And yes you would like that gem early since you will be wearing a lot of uniques at this point and u wanna start leveling it early to have as much benefit as possible.

For all those that oppose the idea since this might be not what they want, why not make 2 gems drop on first GR? 1 LOD and 1 whatever. Problem solved.

1 Like

Awesome, just what I thought. +1