Legacy of Dreams needs guaranteed drop

Reported for personal attacks. Also, you don’t seem to have an actual argument.

2 Likes

That isn’t a personal attack. You are constantly stating what Is already stated previously and can’t read english sentences. You are the one annoying people. And you are the one violating the rules.

I also stated my reasoning. You don’t seem to understand or simply can’t take the difference in opinion. It’s on your head then. Your problem if you can’t make a counter argument.

For the millionth time. It’s already a guaranteed drop. There is no need to speed it up. It won’t make any difference. It is extremely easy to farm Gr keys. How does it matter if you aren’t at the absolute top at the beginning of a season. You will catch back up. making it a guarantee early would potentially make it to powerful if it outruns everyone. That potentially isn’t fair to people.

I’m the only one of the two of us making any arguments…

You don’t have to refarm GR’s to keep up. You still get the drops. It doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I tend to agree that it would be nice if the legacy of dreams gem has higher chance to drop or to drop earlier as compared to other gems.

Maybe not with having a guaranteed first drop, but guaranteed within the first 10 GRs or so would be nice. This would allow you to still get the item fairly early if wanting to use it, but not feel as bad about getting a guaranteed first gem that your build does not need and cannot use.

It is notable that the number of gems is quite high now. If your build relies on a gem to perform, it can certainly hold you back considerably. I think the issue arises with this gem that it is more required / integral than any other gem is in regards to any other type of build. Notably, it is also useless for every other type of build.

With chancing a Dreams start, you could be stuck farming T1-5 GR equivalent for about 20 GRs if you are not lucky enough, whereas other builds could be at T7-11 equivalent and beyond after having only put in moderate effort with Haedrig’s.

It creates the awkward situation where it’s basically better / more reliable of a start to plan on going Haedrig’s even if you want to run Dreams.

2 Likes

I’ve played both HC and SC every season, except seasons 1 and 2 where I did HC only. That’s 32 first gem drops. Every single one of them was Bane of the Powerful.

It’s common knowledge for experienced seasonal players.

2 Likes

Since when? It certainly hasn’t been my experience. Did you get it first one time and now thinks it’s a guaranteed thing?

It’s complete and utterly false and misinformation. I know this first hand - I still hadn’t had BoP until yesterday on a new charcter I made on Asia on Thursday. So no, BoP is not always the first gem to drop

Was this your very first GR of the season?

It is not a “first per hero” drop, it is a “first per season” drop.

3 Likes

New realm.

In the immortal words of Billie Eilish - Duh.

You have heroes in the hundreds of paragons on all servers, but you “Just ran” your first GR?

Screenshot please?

Yeah. I was confused by this too. I play Demon Hunters exclusively these days. And have for the last 3 or 4 Seasons.

I start with one build (Marauder’s) and eventually change to another build (Unhallowed). Of course it depends on what the Season Set is or which pieces drop first.

Between these two builds, the only LGems I use are:

1. Bane of the Stricken
  2. Bane of the Trapped
  3. Zei’s Stone of Vengeance
  4. Bane of the Powerful

And with my D3 RNG luck, they are usually the last LGems I get. Definitely not the first.

My first LGem dropped is usually Wildebeest’s, Moratorium, Mutilation Guard or something like that. Unless I happen to kill a Goblin that opens a Vault Portal before I run GRifts and get the Boon of the Hoarder from Greed.

I also tried to search for information on first LGems dropped and got nothing. The most informative sites I could find were:

And neither one of them mentioned anything about which LGem drops first, second or last.

1 Like

I will go level my 2 other accounts to 70 and run a level 1 GR on EU HC and post both screenshots showing that BotP is the first gem to drop.

Hopefully that will put this debate to rest.

Exactly 1 seasonal SC character on Asia.

It may surprise you to know this, but your RnG may differ from someone else’s RnG.

Instead of screenshots, upload a video of it.

Even then, it’s not solid proof. You may just get lucky those two times and have it drop for you.

However, I will pay better attention in future Seasons. Maybe I’ll make a video of my own. :wink:

1 Like

With 20 something gems choices to drop, and if they are both BotP, I would say that is pretty good evidence.

I just logged in and am going to powerlevel them. Why don’t you join me so you can see firsthand?

1 Like

You are so much more patient with them than I am. I am still advocating for the idea to simply go to X task and get a guaranteed drop, similar to BoP on first GR and Boon of the Hoarder on Greed. I’d slap it right on Diablo and call it a day. Let people who want to play LoN at Season start do so.

1 Like

Why think when you can farm?

There’s really no debate. You’re right, they are wrong. BoP is always the first gem to drop. I wouldn’t waste any more time on them.

3 Likes

I’d like to apologize to you VitaKaninen. For some reason I was thinking of the green gem, Bane of the Trapped, instead of the yellow one BoP. You may well be correct. I feel like that yellow one is usually the first one to drop after all.

Sorry man - my bad.

3 Likes

I’m just asking for some verification. There’s too many people that post incorrect information on various websites. And that is not helpful, especially for new players.

Post a link to a legitimate website that states the guaranteed first drop of any Legendary Gem in a Greater Rift.

In the meantime, I will take this information with “a grain of salt” and keep my own eyes open in future Seasons.

And I wasn’t kidding about making my own video of future LGem drops.

This Season 17, my first Legendary Gem dropped was:

Region Mode Gem
Americas Normal = Simplicity’s Strength
Americas Hardcore = Gem of Efficacious Toxin

Edit: Maybe my game is bugged. In any case, I’m one of those who doesn’t really care, because, as others stated, it doesn’t take long to run 21 Rifts and then 21 GRifts.

Well, I made a video anyway showing me running my first GR on both of my other accounts.

First gem to drop was Bane of the Powerful on both accounts. Coincidence?

1/21 * 1/21 is a 1/441 chance that they would both drop BotP.

Timestamps in the video:
Showing that this is my First GR on Acct 1: 0:30
BotP drops on Acct 1: 6:00
Showing that this is my First GR on Acct 2: 7:00
BotP drops on Acct 2: 11:30

3 Likes