Leap skill targeting seems broken on Nintendo Switch

When using Leap skill of Barbarian, the character randomly jump far away even when you lock-on to the near enemy. That means, the Might of the Earth set build is not working at all on Switch.
Also, as I searched on the internet, some people says “On consoles, You can tap the button quickly to leap for short distance”. But on Nintendo Switch, Barbarian always leap the same long distance no matter how long you push the button.
I hope it gets fixed or improved with future update.
Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I am playing with Pro controller.

1 Like

Skills like leapquake, or any targeting, didn’t transfer properly to console, simply due to not having a mouse, any of those attacks are simply not spot on.

I understand that some wierdness is inevitable without mouse. But I believe that the system ignore the locked-on target is just a bug, because it sometimes work properly.

I totally agree the mechanics of the skill is broken… So many times I have leaped to my death. Plz redesign the action for the skill. I’m ranked 133 barb, out of the non cheating players on the Switch and enjoy the game but that leap makes me want to throw my Switch at the wall at times… Also, One handed weapons are at such a disadvantage. Just the fact of augmenting one handed to two is so unfair.

Suggestion:They should make it like a curser moving outward as you hold the button down and release when you want to jump or a highlight of where you leap to. Its the fact we have no control of where he leaps to.

1 Like

I’ve had the very same issue with Leap. Excellent move, but poorly implemented on Consoles in general (I’ve had Diablo 3 on Xbox One and now on Switch).

Your idea about holding down the assigned Leap button, having an icon appear to signify where you want toe Leap action to execute, and using the analog stick to control where you want to actually Leap is a brilliant idea.

Personal opinion: I think the ‘icon’ for it should be a circle about 1/3 the size of the Triune circles to display the general area you intend the Leap function to be executed. I feel this would be a most welcome feature.

I have Leap’d multiple times to my death or in a direction I never intended the Leap to go, removing my Barb from the fray I intended to damage, thus having to ran BACK to the place I just Leap’d from and start all over again - LOL. So frustrating…

I realize the Devs are super busy getting the game to function properly - especially on a new Console - so I have mad respect and patience for their efforts. Hopefully they will see these posts and have people available to make adjustments and test these feature changes.

Great suggestion BoBo.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks JB512512…
I understand all the complications with retrofitting the game but after playing today I realized we can’t even really see where we leap to. Leap is at 45 yards or to target… sigh*; on my 40 inch TV from middle to bottom, my vision is like 30 to 40 yards max… Is my Tv screwed up or is everyones like that??? Cause really you have no idea where you leap to; is that not correct?

Yes, that’s exactly the same problem that’s happening. Without being able to have some kind of control where the Leap will take your character, it seems and feels very random. It can be a bother when you want to execute a series of attacks or special moves, but when Leap takes you completely away from where you intended the character to go, it can be seriously frustrating.