Lag and freezing

Just wondering who all have been experiencing major lag and freezing since season 19 started? I have been experiencing so much lag that it affects my greater rift runs and sometimes I lag when I respawn and die right after I respawn before moving.

What class and build are you?

It is not “network” lag it is “game engine” lag. The game engine cannot keep up sometimes so if you run as an example a WW Rend Barb with Area Damage or a Twister Wizard with Area Damage you will notice some pretty severe lags in the game engine because the game is trying to calculate numbers and uses CPU that then can’t render what is on screen fast enough.

This is why PC players pause when solo (t let the server catch up) but on console we do not have that but just limitations with the calculations and our console.

Removing Area Damage for instance in a 4 man group doing high GR clears is very significant in terms of game performance and lag.

I’m running a fist valor sader. It usually lags when I am in game either by myself or with others. I was reading that other players have been having this issue when playing on either pc or console. Thanks for pointing out the game engine. Yeah the consoles cant keep up with it very well. I notice this with some other mmo and rpg games when there are groups of mobs.

Your stash will also play a huge part in this. Depending on how many items is in your stash, will determine how “bad” the lag will be. If your stash is close to Max, it can get bad, especially if you play in groups whose stash chests are also almost full

The game reads stash in with the memory, which is one reason why we cannot get any more stash in game.

Ah understand there. I usually dont keep a lot in my stash during season but since I have been trying to get the new set for monk after getting the valor set for sader I have filled it with junk to re-roll. Maybe I will get rid of some of the junk and see how that goes