Known glitches from the original D2

Just curious how many were out there. I remember the dupe, smite, and aura ones. Hopefully all are addressed with the resurrected version.

ID say biggest fix id like are the skill glitches (Druid Fury, Pally Charge Etc)

Some things that come to mind:

• WSG - No sure if this was ever really intended. If it wasn’t a bug, it was definitely exploitable. This is where you swap back & forth between each weapon set and it keeps resetting your animation frames, which allows you to escape stun locks with no FHR.
  • WSGing while using procs that aren’t supposed to be used on other weapons. Example: I fire a Multi-Shot on my Amazon, then I weapon swap to hold a Lacerator and Swordback while the Multi-Shot pours over a mob of enemies. The Multi-Shot animation will temporarily assume the damage output and all effects of the currently held Lacerator and Swordback Hold, making the Multi-Shot proc amplify damage and open wounds all over everything. Pretty sure this was never intended. Debatable of its a true “bug”.
  • Farcasting - this wasn’t just a mod, this can be done legitimately. It’s just harder to do without the mod.
  • Definitely bugs with creating Ethereal Bugged gear and Hybyrid Runewords. These are true bugs.
  • Duping methods most certainly go into the bugged/glitch category.
  • Bugged Auras were fixed a long time ago.

Nothing else coming to mind off the top of my head but I know there was more wonky stuff going on than just this, back in the day ^^

1 Like

Over 200 at least. Depends what you define as glitch. My hope would be that they fix bugged skills first, but that would inherently change the game balance.

1 Like

Eth bugs are awesome. I would not like them to fix that, that has become a feature. It was fun cube rolling 3 or 4 socked elite armors to get some nice merc armors. Everyone did this, so i consider it a feature.

Also the BaalQ bug is considered a feature now, if something has been in a game so long, that everyone used and loved, it’s a mistake to remove it in the remaster.

Your standard ethbug is fun, Zodethbug was not fun at all, nor were ith blades.

Hopefully they get a handle on this sort of thing for d2r.

Never even heard of, must google

Makes eth items indestructible, after zodding them, then using unsocket cube recipe, so you could add other socketables. Not too dissimilar to ith blades.

Yea that doesn’t sound cool at all. But i’d hate it if they removed the normal ethbug armors and shields though.

I doubt they will. Zbugging was fixed in 1.10 for the server, unsure if they ever patched single player.

Just like everyone is abusing bugged quest drops. It doesnt mean its ok :slight_smile:

It does tho…it totally does. Quest drops are fantastic for the game. In a game with very little PvM end game besides crafting and MFing, it is one excuse to make a few new characters with very specific goals.

I really hope the devs agree, I’d love to see Qbug and Ebug remain for another 20 years!

2 Likes

Just because people got used to that bug doesnt mean its ok. People obviously like the bug because they have better drop. Its still bug which was not intended. If they would fix another bug which is in game bosses will drop one more item btw as they are supposed to :slight_smile: