Killed Gelatinous Sire, it didn't duplicate

Killed gelatinous sire plenty of times with Fist Of Heaven Fissure skill and I don’t know if i killed them too fast or something but they didn’t duplicate after killed.

A known bug, listed in the stickied thread.

4. Blue Goblins give no loot. The goblin does not properly split and drop loot if killed too fast. Work around is to slow down DPS and let them split all the way.

1 Like

Also affected is the wizard Typhon set hydra. If you put down 2 hydra in front of the blue gob, you get nothing. Seems that this bug is triggered by attacks that due a lot of smaller attack in very rapid succession.

Typhon set hydra has very low dmg per head but 10 heads attacking the blue gob at the same time seems to trigger this issue 90% f the time. Even without the dmg boost from fragment of destiny.

My buddy and I were discussing this, and from his testing, he believes he narrowed this down to Zei’s as the cause. Possibly the stun effect is not allowing them to split in time. Many of the builds that experience this (e.g., WoL, Hydras, FotH) use this gem. When he dropped this, he did not encounter this bug again (ran a page full of puzzle rings). Perhaps others can test this out too to verify the results. Then when the problem is identified, something can be done about it (or just plan to drop Zei’s in vaults, at the least; does not help with them encountered elsewhere, of course).

Nope. I use Zei’s with UE DH multishot build, and had no issues with blue goblins.

1 Like

Plenty of other people have had issues with MS. For example, see here:

So what’s your point? This bug is random. There is no reliable way of replicating this bug. I’ve killed many a Gelatinous Sire in my years of playing, and I’ve only run into this bug twice: once with a Helltooth Garg WD, another with a Shadow Impale DH. That’s why I’ve wondered whether there might be a network latency issue as part of the bug. I have good latency (ave. 55ms) with very few spikes. Perhaps others who come across this more often have more network issues.

Bottom line: this bug is random. It can happen to anyone, with any build, with any item or skill.

My point was made in my initial post. Just because you have not been able to replicate it does not rule out Zei’s as a possible cause. I’ve viewed your profile, and TBH, you do not have very high DPS (not an attack, just a fact) when compared to others who might be encountering this. I myself have seen this happen often with MS (you can view my profile and see the difference between our dps - paragons, quality of items, augments, etc.). As pointed out in the stickied post at the top of this subforum, they recommend finding a way to reduce our dmg when encountering a blue gob, thereby acknowledging that dps factors into it.

This is not a viable solution, IMO. When running rifts or bounties for example, I am not going to suddenly find a way to remove gems, etc. I can try not to spam an attack, but a single tap can be enough to prevent splitting. I’ve seen this happen too. By possibly isolating it to a specific cause (stun in conjunction with high dps), maybe this will give the devs some insight into how to actually fix the problem, rather than just suggesting a less than ideal workaround.

I appreciate you and others chiming in with opinions, but understand that by simply saying that you have not (or rarely) encountered it is not helping define the issue. Plenty of others HAVE routinely encountered it, and under specific sets of circumstances (such as particular builds that deliver more dmg than others, etc.). It does not appear to simply be random, as you have claimed. I’ve already discussed a method of possibly replicating the issue / testing the matter. If I saved any puzzle rings or hunted gobs, I would try myself.

But it does. If it causes the issue, then it should be able to be replicated. If it can’t be replicated, then it points to another issue, which is why we’re back at square one. There doesn’t seem to be anything specific that is causing the issue, other than high damage output.

Yes it does. It shows that it is not replicable, and that it isn’t specific to any one build or item. On the other hand, stating definitively that it is tied to one item, despite evidence to the contrary, is of no help to anyone.

Also, as far as high DPS is concerned, if you can one-shot a goblin, then anything higher doesn’t make a difference, does it? I have one shot the gelatinous shires many times. Usually it splits no problem. On a couple of occasions, it has not. Again, if it were a question of really high damage to monster toughness ratio, then the bug should be absolutely replicable on Normal difficulty. I’ve tried that test, and still can’t replicate it reliably.

2 Likes