Kanai's Cube-Rare Item Upgrade-What if I Don't Click Accept?

Question is basically the title. When you upgrade a lvl 70 rare item in the cube there is a button that says “Accept.”

Why is that button there and how does it work? If you cancel out are materials not used but is the rare item destroyed? Is the rare item preserved but materials taken? Do you lose everything?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

If you don’t accept, you keep materials and your rare item, nothing will be used.

And it’s the same for all recipes.

Thanks very much! That seems a little weird, though – can’t you just keep adding the same materials and item and re-rolling, then, until you get a “perfect” legendary? Like rolling that 20-sided die over and over until you hit “20,” for free?

No you can’t, all recipes have a “price”.

If you have the good item (the good sword for example), but bad stats, you have two solutions:

• Try to create another one with the same recipe

• Reforge it with the second recipe

Thanks again! How can I view the price? In the cube recipe for upgrading rare items it costs:

1 - rare item
25 - death’s breath
50 - reusable dust
50 - arcane dust
50 - veiled crystal

From your first answer, I understood that all of those materials would be returned if you didn’t “accept” the transmutation that it offers you. So what’s the price, what is lost, if you don’t accept?

It’s free to refuse to apply a recipe, you’ll lose nothing.

But that is my point – can’t you see the item that it would be turned into? But maybe you cannot see the stats it will roll or something? Cause if you see the item and the stats, you can keep re-trying for free until it shows the legendary and stats u want?

No, you can’t, It would be too easy.

Hmmm – I am new to this, but I did two tonight and it showed the item and had the “accept” button – but I don’t know if the item’s stats were shown, or just its name.

Once you transmute the item, the crafting mats are used up. No turning back. The “Accept” button merely clears the cube, allowing you to use it again. It’s a convenience factor, nothing more. You can manually drag and drop the transmuted item into your inventory if you wish.

2 Likes

This is NOT TRUE. Once you click the Transmute button, you will use up the crafting materials. Clicking the Accept button merely clears the contents of the cube after transmuting.

4 Likes

Pretty confusing – it should just get sent to your inventory.

Thanks to you both for your help and patience with a n00b :slight_smile:

You’re right, I confused the Transmute and Accept buttons

It’s not confusing. You get to see the result of the cubes effect. If you are only using the cube once, you don’t have to click the Accept button or otherwise transfer the item to your inventory. You can simply walk away and the cube contents will automatically return to your inventory.

It is only when you are using the cube multiple times, for e.g. transforming many rare items into legendaries, or converting a lot of gems, that you will be using the Accept button.

Other recipes like the reforging legendaries or converting set pieces, may have you refilling with crafting mats several times while leaving the item in the cube, so in those situations you don’t want the item to automatically return to your inventory.

1 Like

No, I think it’s not well-designed or intuitive. When you transform the item you see it both in the Kanai Cube window AND in your inventory, and you have the “Accept” button active in the cube. Makes zero sense.

Doesn’t much matter though b/c it’s full steam ahead at this point with milking $$$ from people in Diablow Immortal and preparing for (the hopefully not overly monetized) Diablo 4 :wink: