Just lost another hero to game crash

The stupidity of Blizzard to not implement hero protection for game crash or disconnect in hard core mode cannot be overstated. idgaf that it would mean you could self implement a disconnect to save your character, when your sh!t is broken this badly there is no alternative.

if you cannot accept the possibility that any number of things outside your control could result in the death of your hero, one alternative is to not click Accept on this dialog…

Permanent Death

You have but one life, eager hero. If you should die, though your deeds will be remembered, you shall not return again.

Customer Service will not revive a fallen Hardcore hero for any reason. All of your hero’s items will be lost forever upon death.

Blizzard aren’t going to implement protection methods for exactly the reasons you mention, i.e. people would take advantage of them to avoid their hero’s death. Uh-oh, looks like my hero might die. Quick, press Alt+F4 to “disconnect”, wait 10 minutes, then re-start the client.

2 Likes

I’d have no problem with that if their ancient game didn’t crash. PoE knows better and implements it, and it doesn’t take anything away from the game.

Just keep duplicate gear, level up some other leg gems, and someone will boost you back to 70 in 5 mins. You keep all your stash, artisans, cube etc. They could make you start from nothing again…

2 Likes

You could just not play HC because your internet sucks?

1 Like

Disconnects and crashes are not Blizzard’s fault (usually).
Their Tech Support people are willing to help you try to pinpoint and solve the problems.
They do not and will not offer protection for Hardcore heroes.
You agreed to this when you clicked ‘Accept’.