Just keep your word Blizzard

because of what ? BUGFIXING ? Shared Stash that they well explained?

cmon dude…

release it, and then focus on D4 and that…mobile thing.

4 Likes

Interview here:

htt ps://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=262579&site=diablo2 (remove the space).

Salient:

" Q. I am curious about the update direction of Diablo 2 Resurrection after the official release.

Rob Galerani: I think the first thing to focus on is authenticity and stability. We will focus on this first and launch the game. After that, we will continue to monitor and strive for feedback such as stability and performance.

In addition, we prepared a ladder, but we plan to apply the ladder after stably dragging the game rather than starting right away at the time of launch."

Blizzard already broke their promise with TCP/IP and modding.

That said, yeah, add a 1.14 server that wont ever change.
Then all the new changes can be added without taking away the original game.

Also note that they have never promised no changes. If anything, they have given every impression that they want to do changes.
They should just ensure that any such changes only happens in a isolated game mode. Living up to the promise of preservation.

3 Likes

Uh, it was in the post:

Please read before flaming…

1 Like

both words don’t mean anything anyway in actuality, considering every game developers do their own spin on it.
sometime just enhancing graphics and calling it a “remake”
and sometime enhanching graphics + creatings new story chapter / characters / game mode etc… and call it a remastered.

So spamming those two words won’t change what they would decide to do or not do, that’s for both camp. In the end everything will be the dev’s decisions

1 Like

Their word was more comprehensive than your narrow interpretation.

1. You can preserve an authentic experience AND add options that diverge from the original.
  2. From the get go, Blizzard/VV has said repeatedly over the past 6+ months that they were willing to make additional changes if the players want them as long as they meet specific criteria.
  3. Do you really want no option for auto-gold pickup?
  4. Do you really want to keep NHAM?

To keep their word, Blizzard need to do what they said that includes both preserving the game AND making optional changes if the players want them that make intellectual sense.

True. We are at 28 changes and counting.

3 Likes

This is something I think the “purists” (a term I dislike) are missing. They ain’t seen nuthin’ yet…

1 Like

in a point and click arpg changing the aspect ratio already invalidates the definition of remaster so many people on this forum want to use.

2 Likes

Ship has sailed. Game is changed and more will be changed.

2 Likes

My guess is the game progression is going to get faster over time, just like what happened with Diablo 3.

Buckle up folks.

If (yeah, it’s a big one) new and improved battle.net 2.0 is successful against bots, I’d imagine character progression is going to go a lot slower - since it will take a lot longer to trade for the items you want. It is self-evident in that fewer bots mean fewer gg items in the game.

I hope it’s true, but I’d also like people to be aware, getting good/end game gear will be much more grindy if eliminating the bot scourge is actually successful.

1 Like

no because im sick of all this bs.
you are going around in circles with the same BS all the time.
they explained everything they did i think.
and if the guys here still not like it…well… bye.
Not bye ?
not ? THEN PLAY IT AS IT SHOULD BE PUBLISHED AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

1 Like

No.

How about you stop telling people that they cant speak their mind.

The game should have been released with TCP/IP and mod support. That is what Blizzard did promise (unlike the No changes nonsense). But not what is being delivered.

5 Likes

Yelling unreasonably like this just makes me want to stay longer, if for nothing else besides the free rent.

So, what exactly was the reason to gut ladder play - I don’t think I’ve seen that explained.

Regardless, we love this game as much as you so we’re not going anywhere. The only difference is, we can see how it can become even better. You can only look back on antiquated glories, glories that are fading more day by day.

Evolve or die. Been an axiomatic truth on this planet for 3+ billion years.

Because you guys are ALWAYS coming around the corner with the same crap and your selfishness upsets me. THEREFORE.
I want the game what Blizzard has announced!
YOU want to make a bunch of S.HIT out of it.
and that for MONTHS with always the same stupid arguments. I am so sick of it

2 Likes

Agreed, don’t let fancy and boring changes destroy this masterpiece!

1 Like

We already don’t have the game Blizz announced. It’s moved well-beyond this. You can ignore this all you want, but you’re well-behind the times already. You’re screaming at us to stop talking about changing the game well-after Blizz has already done so.

oh and just because you think that it is already no longer the game what blizzard has announced, they can now just add MORE crap yes ?
NO
by the way: TC/IP thing: doesn’t bother me
Shared Stash: great thing
The small QoL updates : great thing
fixing bugs is great!

what has been changed so far and also announced before is great!
but I do not want MORE.
The more they change the bigger the chance that it doesn’t feel like a D2 remaster anymore. and the bigger the chance that they screw it up.

and if they even THINK about making any balance changes it’s already too late anyway. because Blizzard can’t do exactly TWO things:

1- Balance
2- Itemization

1 Like

Hard to say either way. They could be planning a bunch of stuff or not. One things for sure they will blow smoke up your orifice to sell more copies of the game pre release.

Who knows what will happen post release either way someone’s going to be on this forum complaining about it lol

Blizzard/VV repeatedly said that they were open to more changes if the players wanted them. Here are quotes and links for you to see in one place the verifiable truth.

From a few days ago
Diablo 2: Resurrected’s Post Launch Content Plans (gamerant.com)

Question: With Diablo 2: Resurrected was there ever any consideration of keeping the core game mechanics intact, but still finding ways to maybe add new enemies or new items? Things that just add more without changing the core experience?

Blizzard (Rob and Michael ): Oh, yeah. We definitely geeked out about those kind of things. Lots of things that wouldn’t fundamentally change anything but could just be plugged in. We wanted to build a strong foundations before we started hitting the third and fourth floors. We definitely have lots of ideas, but right now we’re making sure we get the core game right. We’ve unlocked all the ladder specific content and can do that in single player and non-ladder. We’ll have to see what happens once the game goes live in terms of what we do in terms or balancing, new items, etc.

1 Like