Just a reminder

They did not say there would be no fix, but I have not heard an update in a long time. I have asked twice, but it is something that requires more than the D3 folks. It is at the Bnet account level so that if a silence is applied in any game, you can’t play D3 during that silence.

I hope your Silence ends soon and you can play again. Or, that they fix the bug.

I have offered to repay for the entire game and/or expansion. There is no fix for it.

I won’t be able to play for a while. And there will be no fix. It can’t hardly take months to fix.
Instead of me needing to repurchase a new account, they could have offered for me to pay something to get it lifted. But nothing.

And I don’t think there will be a solution unless it affects a whole lot more people.

Blizzard is not like traffic tickets though. You can’t just pay money to get penalties lifted.

I can’t say if you are right or not. Logically though, the number of people with VERY long Silences is quite small. It takes many many penalties to get a long duration one. Duration doubles each time.

Number Hours Days Years
1 24 1
2 48 2
3 96 4
4 192 8
5 384 16
6 768 32
7 1536 64
8 3072 128
9 6144 256
10 12288 512 1.4
11 24576 1024 2.8
12 49152 2048 5.6
13 98304 4096 11.2
14 196608 8192 22.4
15 393216 16384 44.9
16 786432 32768 89.8

When they have a problem with their system that makes other players not able to play, they should at least try something.
If I was to repurchase the game on another account it is possible to play. So either if I do that or purchase a lift should not matter

wait im confused. If a random player mutes you, then you cant play diablo 3? Why would blizzard give anyone that power?

1 Like

They did not give players that power. The way the silence system works - a ton of reports can get an account squelched pending GM review. That is set up for gold spamers/service selling spammers mostly. That is usually reviewed within 24 hours and a GM either lifts it, or applies an actual Silence penalty.

A squelch takes a lot of reports so is very rarely ever involved. Most Silences are applied by a GM after reviewing the chat logs attached to the normal report.

If a player disagrees, they are free to appeal. It does not take long for a GM to pull the logs up again, and check that the reported chat violated the rules. Blizzard Support - Appealing a Silence, Suspension, or Ban

The BUG is that if a GM applies a Silence for any Blizzard game, you can’t create a game in D3. This was after some changes to the Bnet system back in mid October.

Some people apparently have very very long Silences - which means a GM applied said Silence many times and it was upheld through appeals.

3 Likes

how do you get the idea that you or I “troll”???

I don’t troll, but you do.

I never said that. After 2-3 mutes, you cannot appeal your mute anymore, even though you didn’t do anything wrong. People can just report you and you will get a mute.

ok i see now what you want… you troll and try to harass. time to report you

Have you considered not being a dbag repeatedly in chat? Might work for you.

2 Likes

Go ahead, the only one trolling is people like you whom write “time to report everyone in chat”. That is considered trolling.

Have you considered not being one in this forum and not judge people?

They should fix this. For me ar least, there is an intellectual dilemna. If you only recieved 4 or fewer disciplinary actions, the silence/ban is only 8 days at most. Annoying yes but not awful. If you are experiencing a silence/ban that exceeds 128 days, it means one has been sanctioned at least 9 times already. We do not own the game but license. We are obliged to follow Blizzard’s rules.

3 Likes

They should. It is months now that the problem persist.

I have even offered paying for the game, once again, to get my account to play again, but nothing. All they write is “have patience”. That is rather hard to have, when they don’t do anything about it.

I get that the problem is not only a D3 thing. And I get that I cannot demand or “get them to hurry”.
But I was expecting a week or just a month. It’s been since October now… That is too much time imo. Can’t really be patient when you know there is nothing being done.

I was hoping by now, I would have gotten an email or something on here stating “we are on it, try play now”, cause there is only so much I want to play other games… lol.

dont worry. i see that you insult other people and will report you in future too.
you will get what you want

So you will make sure I can play again? That sounds great.

Btw. the first comment you made was to troll around, making sure people get muted in game. If that was a joke, it was a bad one and is considered to be trolling.
Go ahead and report me, I am sure I didn’t do anything wrong. I don’t falsely report people cause I got a reply from someone, can’t say the same about you.

Why would you report everyone? For no reason? Just to cause them hardship? Only a troll would do that, to laugh at others’ misfortune. That’s how it looks to everyone else. Pretending not to see that only reinforces peoples’ conviction that it’s a troll post.

So hoped for good news for this season. But seems like there is nothing.
Rather frustrating seeing others starting a new season and I’m stuck

Did you receive an email or some sort of notification that you’ve been muted and for how long?

Yup. And it will not end this season.

The problem is, we have had this issue from October. I was told to be patient. But rather hard to be when nothing happens.
I even suggested paying for the game again, to unlock my account. But nothing can be done.

According to Miss Cheetah’s chart, that requires 8+ violations / reports. How is it you got muted so bad?