Just a reminder

When people trash talked me, I replied back and got reported by that person and their friends.
After 2-3 mutes, you cannot appeal your mute anymore, which means people can just report you and you will get a mute, hence you cannot play.

Number Hours Days Years
1 24 1
2 48 2
3 96 4
4 192 8
5 384 16
6 768 32
7 1536 64
8 3072 128
9 6144 256
10 12288 512 1.4
11 24576 1024 2.8
12 49152 2048 5.6
13 98304 4096 11.2
14 196608 8192 22.4
15 393216 16384 44.9
16 786432 32768 89.8

So can you get multiple ones at once, or only 1 at a time. If it’s only 1 at a time, you really got to work to get up there.

It appears by the time you get to level 9, you been in time out mode for almost 2 years.

Do you get any time off for good behavior? lol, or will they ever go down?

This is the penalty. You should, however, be able to play, you just cannot play.
But as it is now, the bug makes it so you cannot play at all and gets punished for it.
I’ve contacted support some times now and they say to be patient, but nothing happens. Hence why I warn people to chat as little as possible, in public games at least. Cause after 2-3 mutes, you can’t even appeal your case = just muted and not able to play.

Correct. It is one penalty at a time. Seeing as you can’t get into any trouble when Silenced it keeps it from causing massive stacks over one incident.

Please review how many days are in a year :nerd_face:

No. The system currently has no cooldown or time off for good behavior. It did when the penalty was an account suspension. Now that it is a Silence (social impact for social infractions), it does not have a cooldown.

With the exception of the D3 Bug - Silenced players can play. They just can’t talk and use social tools. So, Blizz does not see any issues with just doubling the duration every time. Some people just don’t learn I guess.

I just wish you could pay for it to go away. I get that they cannot fix it right away, but you got to admit, since October is a long time. And there is next to no difference in making a new account or pay for a lift of a silence.
They can’t fix it, won’t lift silences, people can’t play. It’s not a matter of “having patients” anymore, it’s more of a “pray to not have a long silence”.

I 100% agree with you. I have asked multiple times for an update in the past two months but one has not been provided. I assume the team/s did not get back to the person I asked.

Well, there kind of is. Any rewards earned are locked to the Bnet account so Wings, Pets, Achievements, etc… would be lost when you go back to your main account.

At this point though - if your Silence is that bad, it might just be faster to get that new account and start over.

They will, but only if the logs show that the person did not break the rules. The report function attaches the logs right to the report so it is simple and fast to review. They don’t care WHY someone broke the rules (trolled, baited, insulted, etc), they just care that the text typed was a violation.

I know this is not fair and is not how it should work.

I get I should get the penalty. But the problem persist on their end. So would be nice to either have them say “we are lifting mutes for now until the issue is over. If you get muted again, you will need to wait until a fix or your mute is over”.

Or instead of me needing to buy a new account, at least let me buy a mute lift once. Cause I will lose all my progressions/collected items such as pets and armor and so forth. Might not be much, but it is something

Pretty sure you were told on Tech Support Forum that they would not do that. If they did not tell you, then I will. They won’t lift it because of the Bug.

You know that is not going to happen. It sets a very bad precedent that you can buy your way out of earned penalties.

I get your frustration though. No matter that you did earn the Silence, it is not fair that a bug causes an extra un-intended penalty.

Well, I didn’t mean to buy out from a mute.
However. You can make a new account, buy the game and start all over.
It would be the same as = pay the same amount to lift the mute from my current account.
So instead of me needing to start all over, I could play from the same account instead of making a new one.

I know. The whole POINT of having a penalty on the account that is not permanant is that people don’t want to lose the work they put in to that account. Usually after the first few penalties they settle down and stop it.

They changed how they handle bans in WoW for that reason and posted the research about it. Players who just lose the account - don’t care about it enough to behave. They just accept the loss and make a new account. If they have years invested in it - they tend to take the warning and stop the behavior. It does a better job getting their attention.

Umm…kind of exactly like this. You care about the account so don’t want to buy a new one. So, the penalty has a real impact that might make you consider your behavior.

I always take penalties serious. It is something personal with me, that made me get the penalties. If my account was banned or something like that, I would have taken it for what it is. But I was baited into some discussions which got me reported.
I always take my punishments serious and I am in a better place now. However, it’s not simple for me to just “make a new account”. Cause I’ve collected some decent things on my current account. Which is why I wanted to unlock it so I could play again. I might consider making a new account, but would have loved to not needing to do so.

If the guy is being a jerk, then silencing might be ok.
It’s never ok for someone not being able to play
for a game they paid for.
Another reason for “off-line” mode.

Well, the EULA specifically says Blizzard can limit or remove access to the license if someone breaks the rules.

So yeah, this has nothing to do with offline mode.

If you don’t hear anything from them, do you know if the battle chest ever come on sale?
And I’m bit confused. When I searched for “merging d3 accounts” the support page says “what will get merged: characters”, but at the top it says you can’t merge characters.

Blizzard isn’t going to remove anyone’s access if they are playing off-line
though, hence me bringing it up.
Only in an online only game can stupid things like this happen.

I have no information on when sales will occur. Usually around Holidays but they don’t give notice.

When it comes to the D3 accounts “mergers”. What it means is that you can move a License from Bnet A to Bnet B. You can’t smoosh two licenses together.

Your pets and stuff would stay with the Bnet account the license was originally on. Only chars and stash would move.

If you already have a D3 license on a Bnet account, you obviously can’t put a second D3 licence on it. The only game they let you have more then one license per bnet account is WoW. You can have 8 WoW licenses per Bnet.

So if I got my main account A. And I rebuy the game on account B. I can merge A and B together, but the only thing that stays is the stuff from B from my understanding?

No you can’t. You can never have more than one D3 license on the account. You can’t smoosh them together.

A has your current license 1.
1 has your chars
A has pets and achievements

B has your new license 2
2 has your new chars
B has your new pets and achievements

You can have license 1 removed form account A and you can replace it with license 2 - but the pets are all bound to the Bnet account so that does not help you take new rewards from B back to A

There is no way to combine the Bnet account rewards like you want to do.

That was what I meant. Cause I would like to have it all collected to my main email.
I just didn’t word it correctly :slight_smile:
Cause if I got a new account, I would love it to be able to use the email from my main account.

OOOOH. Ok you want to verify that the pets and rewards are linked to the Bnet. Then you wanted to remove the old D3 license and buy a new one hoping that would not be impacted by the Silence.

Not going to work. The Silence is now Bnet level so consider your pets Silenced :confused: