I've been playing this game wrong this entire time and now I am depressed

I was suppose to make a zbarb for group runs.

Thought that the goal was to obtain ancient gear to augment but I was suppose to use convert item on sets to roll gear with the best stats. Just because it is ancient doesn’t mean it’s the best gear.

Since the profile thing is not working if you curious as to what my toon is like friend me. Once you are done looking you can unfriend me.

Convert set item in cube cannot produce ancient items anyway.

I don’t see why you are depressed (post is a little convoluted), but if you would like to play a little tonight I’d be more than happy to help you out.

Just joined a clan recently and they pretty much told me a lot of things that I didn’t know.

If you are willing to help you can friend me and check my barbarian to see if I have the right equipment. I have several ancient items and have augmented them with 100 gem level rubies.

Sorry I guess the usage of the word “depressed” seemed a bit too much. I guess a better word would be “deflated”.

1 Like

Not sure if I’m understanding correctly but if I am, people do want ancient items as they have higher stats or “better” stats. Rerolling a specific stat on gear is how you make your items you currently have better until you find a better one…to reroll a stat on that.
Using the cube to convert a set item states that the item it turns into cannot be ancient, therefore will take away your ancient item and turn it into a non ancient piece of the set.
For instance; you found shoulders that were ancient and had strength and vitality but also had area damage. Let’s say you realize you don’t need area damage but you do need more cool down reduction. You would reroll the area damage into cool down reduction. You wouldn’t want to reforge the whole item unless it was a standby meant to be reforged.

The person who told me about ancient items told me the ancient status doesn’t matter and that the stats are more important than it being normal or ancient.

This was contradictory to what I thought. I thought that ancient items were pretty much the end goal for good gear and not the stats because you can augment them.

Just talked to my fellow clan member today and he taught me about zbarbs. He gave me a few tips and I didn’t have the right gear but we went in the GR anyway. It was the most frustrating style of play I’ve played in D3 in a while. And even more frustrating is that I have to farm gear for it.

Yes, a well-rolled non-ancient item can often be better than a poorly rolled ancient or primal item. The properties on the item are important.

Ah. Missed information by me. Well I don’t like charge on barbs, I only do WW so do not know on them. I just know, for me, 90% of the time my ancients will be better than non ancients and of course if your using LoN/LoD it’s even more so the case for ancients.
Guess if your ancient has all but one bad roll, it would be better to stick with a non ancient that has all but 1 good roll.