It's Time to Remove the Movement Speed Cap

Base movement speed cap really should be raised to 50% minimum, 75% preferrably, but with the modification to speed shrines and pylons such that they are capped at X% of your current movement speed, not exceeding the current maximum obtainable when at 50/75% base movement speed.

Sure, we don’t need PoE levels of movement speed. That can just get massively difficult to control. But the basic non-boosted run speed really needs a boost. Even 25% feels slow because the base run speed itself is super slow.

2 Likes

I agree, especially since the problem with quick movement in D3 is not because of Increased Movement Speed, but rather due to large amounts of CDR and RCR on sets and legendaries that allow Movement Skills to be spammed almost indefinitely.

This is why I also suggested reducing the obscene amounts of bonus movement speed given from other sources.

I’m not trying to let people go EVEN FASTER. I’m just trying to remove the limits so that unique legendaries like Lacuni Prowlers that give movement speed don’t go to waste. When your base MS is capped at +25% and you get +25% from paragon, that takes away the uniqueness of items that add movement speed directly. +160% movement speed from the GoD set is what breaks movement, not +12% movement speed from a pair of bracers or boots.

Wish some of that applied to the crusader. Damn, that class is slow.

1 Like