Items Collected in Darkening Of Tristram

I was wondering if items collected in the Darkening Of Tristram event have any special value for crafting or whatever. I’m talking about items that were originally D1 such as Optic Amulet, Empyrean Band, Veil Of Steel etc, etc… If not, then I want to get rid of them to free-up stash and inventory space. Any recommendations? While I’m asking about items, how about Lachdanan’s Stormshield? Any value in that item or trash it? BTW I’m on Xbox 1 platform.

There is a transmog associated with the Butcher’s Cleaver. The other blue items have lore text which isn’t usually found on a blue item (there are a few others out there), but other than that there is nothing besides the sentimental value they may hold. You can salvage them without any issue. The only other items you’ll want to be sure to pickup in the dungeon is the rotten mushroom on level 9 and the Red Soul Stone from the Dark Lord. You’ll need that mushroom as part of the mini-quest to craft Wirt’s leg and also to get the Royal Calf pet .

Lachdanan’s Stormshield is the same. It’s just a transmog. You can safely salvage it. It’s alway’s spawns in the same spot, so getting another is pretty easy. There are some whites transmogs that are worth holding onto to share with friends, but that Stormshield isn’t one of them.

Thanks for the info, Jacuff (odd name)! I thought the DoT event was pretty cool. I didn’t realize it is a January only event. I got the mushroom and the Red Soulstone. Made the drink for Farnham and released everybodies souls! I knew something was up when I fired up the game and while I was in New Tristram, the old music from D1 started playing! I just sat there and listened!! The music really brought back memories! I think that was 1996! BTW, is Wirt’s leg considered a weapon or armor? I “used” the recipe but I’m having trouble locating it in Haedrig’s crafting tabs.

I think it is a level 1 weapon

If I recall correctly, it’s a one-handed mace so you should find it in the Blacksmith’s weapons crafting section.

Once you craft wirts leg, immediately salvage it at blacksmith. That is how you get the “map of the stars” which is needed to do the mini cow level easter egg. This is how you get the royal calf pet.

Thanks for the info! I went ahead and crafted it at the steep cost of 1 mil gold and was glad to hear that the leg is the ticket to something better. I got the baby Butcher pet and am almost sorry I did! Those sounds he makes can be annoying but he does look cool!