It looks like we have another CM

if they needed a new CM why didnt they just rehire everyones favorite blue space yak that used to be on the WoW forums?

Giving us a Season 22 start date would be nice. Preferably Friday the 13th. Now that would be fabulous, just fabulous. Make it happen Tom and everyone will love you.

PS Welcome Tom. Don’t let the haters get to you.

2 Likes

Aren’t them too many CMs for Diablo? I mean, incase it’s the kind of CMs that publicly interact with the fanbase, we have Nevalistis out, but FilthieRich in, PezRadar in, this new guy Tom in, silent Kauza is theoretically still around… Given that Diablo related blue posts are that scarce… Perhaps more Immortal-oriented because of an imminent release?

At the same time, I have a feeling that he was already a Blizzard employee. His Twitter has previous tweets about Blizzard, and giving that Blizzard was theoretically firing marketing people (they’ve kicked everyone from Versailles), the most logical thing would be moving people instead of firing+hiring.

If he’s the kind of CM that works in the shadows like the ones who delete posts, replies tickets, etc, I believe that we won’t know him.

1 developer. 4 community managers. That’s a pretty good ratio, ya?

5 Likes

AFAIK, Kauza is still at Blizzard but not a part of the Diablo team any more. At any rate, these kind of threads are frowned upon due to potential name calling, threats, etc.

Not true. If they have it posted own twitter accounts it is public knowledge.
If it is referenced on other Diablo fan sites it is public knowledge.

If I recall PezRader was looking for two people which he now has.
The 3 of them now cover all things related to Diablo (not just D3).

1. PezRader: Community Development Lead
  2. FilthieRich: Community Manager
  3. The_Hooley: Community Manager
2 Likes

Relax, I’m just giving you a hard time. I would love to see your timelines for an average work day though. :wink:

This is accurate ^^^ As the team grows we likely won’t see PezRadar on the forums much. I know he wanted two CMs and then some Associate CMs when games were closer to release.

Kauza is still at Blizzard, but not on the Diablo team. He switched to a different team years ago. Nev was alone for a long time before she left Blizzard.

Caden moved back to Texas and has a job in the gaming industry that that he seems to be very happy with. Caden knows Tom (the new Diablo CM) and is very happy to seem him join the Diablo team.

Looks like Tom Powers was a CM or something at Blizzard before so is returning to the company. I see a LOT of CMs I respect very highly, who are jumping in his Twitter to say hi. That is a good thing.

1 Like

yeah but i meant Ythisens the blue space yak from the WoW forums 99% of the forum regulars actually like them they were the most engaging CM since GC and yet Blizzard despite earning “massive record profits” let them go

Ythisens is Caden House :slight_smile: That is who I was talking about. He is a fantastic guy! I had a chance to spend a lot of time IRL with him and the team in 2018. A great CM and a great person. If he approves of Blizz hiring Tom Powers again, that is high praise in my opinion.

1 Like

It looks like things are starting to come together for the Diablo community. This forum is a very, very small part of a much larger fanbase. I am hoping February will be a great month for us. :metal: :metal:

I hope he can code, because that’s what Diablo 3 really needs. An AI chatbot can reply “We’re listening to your feedback” as many times as needed.

1 Like

Why do we need so many CM when there are hardly any info to share with us?

3 Likes

The CMs are for the whole Diablo franchise, not just D3. After Nev left we had zero total.

Now we have a Community Lead who has hired two CMs who will work to handle publishing, community engagement, etc. There will be additional Associate CMs down the road too.

Normal staffing for one game is at least a Manager and 2.5 CMs/Associate CMs.

Diablo has several games for them to cover:

• D2
  • D3
  • D:I (public testing coming soon)
  • D4
  • Stuff they have not announced yet.

The Community team does a HECK of a lot of stuff that is not public facing until we see results (a blog, video interviews, Q&As, contests, engagement campaigns, focus groups, etc.) With D:I coming up soonish and the lead up to D4 it makes sense to have staff hired and up to speed on the Franchise. It takes a long time to establish relationships with all the Community figures (forums, streamers, press, websites, reddit, influencers, etc.).

2 Likes

If MissC had a dollar for every time she had to post that information, she could get a new crock-pot.

5 Likes

Stuff they have not announced yet? is there a special surprise awaiting us? ^^

From the earnings call: “With our teams hard at work on multiple products in the Diablo franchise.”
(they did not say what they were).

If my math is correct we know about this:

1. Patch notes and Season 22 (not sure when).
  2. Q4 Diablo IV update (most likely in December).
  3. Blizzconline in February. “Lots to talk about.”

It is just best to assume there are other Diablo Franchise things in the works. You might not like them all, or be interested in them all, but the CMs handle engagement, publishing, etc for pretty much everything. From an Amibo product development and marketing for consoles to a real life “find the treasure goblin” at Blizzcon to patch notes.

There have been rumbles for years of some sort of published graphic novel or animated Diablo based media - for example. That would still fall under the Diablo Franchise umbrella as a product they support.

1 Like

thank you! Wouldn’t be surprised if a netflix diablo show came out. Really liked the D4 cinematics and also theres rumours flying around of a d2 remaster. I can only hope ^^