Istvan's PoJ (not Shenlong) vs GoD DH

Hi.

I’m thinking of playing PoJ TR with Istvan’s. How tanky is it, and how high can I realistically clear with 17-18k Dex? I’ve already done 130 on my GoD DH, so I’m looking for another class to play.

Is PoJ with Istvan’s squishy? Cause I like the stacking TR boom mechanics better than GoD playstyle. Plus, the auto-cyclones are nice to group stuff.

I don’t know but if you find out, let me know because I can’t stand the Shenlong mechanics. I just went with Vengeful Wind and Azurewrath. Great for speed, just not that great for pushing.

You could try Utar’s Roar or Rimeheart in place of VW for GR Pushing. Both of those roll with extra cold damage so you can get up to 80% cold damage. Istvan’s should still be better since the attack speed boost from Istvan’s will really buff the Flurry damage while also giving you 30% Armor and 30% damage.

Lead me to think I been playing this build all wrong to begin with. I never actually stop Tempest Rush to get that explosion. This could explain a lot.

For what it’s worth, after scouring the countless Shenlong’s PoJ videos on YouTube, I finally found one that uses Istvan’s and is a decently high GR here. Seems like survivability seems to be an issue nonetheless. Having second thoughts on going monk then. Don’t think I’ll be able to get used to constantly teetering on the edge of dying, coming from GoD DH.

1 Like

that was a helpful video. I been avoiding use the Convention of Elements, but with this build it seems like its perfect for it, as you build up stacks waiting for the cold buff to come around. I will try it that way.