Issue playing wih a friend PS4 and PS5

Hi everyone,

I’m a PS5 player of Diablo 3 and my friend is on PS4. We’re trying to play together but we can’t join each other (except on two times when I think we were lucky…)
The message says (translated from french) : “An error occured when joining the game”. Anyone else has had this issue ?
Is it coming from the fact that I’m on PS5 and he is on PS4 ? But I hardly think so because we could play twice. Unfortunatly, when we disconnect and try to play another day, well… The problem arises again…
We tried everything : setting up the connexion on a different DNS, IP … Going in the same region (Europe or any other region …)

Someone knows how could we fix the issue please ?

I thank everyone in advance for their help,

Antoine

1 Like

It happens a lot, and this was prior to the PS5. Typically everyone involved just exits Diablo 3 and restarts, and sometimes this resolves the issue. But it’s super easy to get back into the state of “unable to join”.

This has been a long standing issue on console and blizzard hasn’t said anything about it. It comes and goes seemingly at random and can be quite frustrating.

This can often temporarily solve the problem but not always. I’ve also found that switching hosts can fix it, or joining a public game briefly and then creating a new game can also help some times.

historically, you couldnt play with anyone from ps3 to ps4 or x360 to X1.

not sure if they enabled ps4 and ps5 to play together, or X1 to Xs or whatever the %$^& they are calling their systems.

Yes, PS4 and PS5 can play together, and XBSX/S can play with XB1 players. I have the new consoles and was able to group with players on both platforms with people of the previous generation.

And I’ve also seen the “Unable to join” issue on all 3 platforms, PS, XB, and Switch. It’s a different issue altogether.

1 Like

Thank you guys for your answers. We thought we were the only ones !

I do not agree with your statement! I have played with friends in groups on a PS4 countless times without any issue! It started, when I played D3 on my PS5 with others on a PS4 and this error is quite consistent!! And I am not the only one!