Is There A Way To Change D3 Servers

In the BNet launcher, next to the Game Version dropdown is a globe. Click on that and set your region. You can change the region at any time by doing this…

Calling it anything but RNG would be a lie.

6 Likes

But he will not be able to play the same toon, would have to start a new toon in the new region!

2 Likes

And ping trough the roof.

2 Likes

It is though.

You can change Regions if you want, but that won’t help with the random nature of Rift generation. It would force you to start a new character and increase your latency(ping) so that your gameplay would lag quite a lot.

1 Like

As it is RNG, what would you like us to call it instead?

1 Like

I’ve encountered similar.
I feel stuck at present w/Monk and w/Neco.
I blame it on my soloing.
Once I got nothing but channeling pylons. That was actually fun.

Got two power pylons in a grift, if I stood just between them I had both on screen. That felt fairly pointless.

Try, retry… And retry…
I had a magnificent 129, now I try to reach the130, but no, “bad” map, “bad” affixes and so on…

Not a problem IMO.

And I missed the 130 for 1 second today :sweat_smile:

Just bad luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feed back. I would have thought Blizzard would have more than one server, per region, but I guess not.
Guess I’ll just run 139’s until I get all my Spare Augment Gems to 140, then start fishing again.

I seem to remember some players talking about leaving and re-entering the game to try and find another server?

They do, but if you change then you get massive lag.

There is a command line argument to force your game to either Australia, Brazil, or US if you are in the Americas region.

However, that does not change anything at all about the game spawning mechanics.

2 Likes

Switching region wont help dude :joy:

1 Like

It does. Whilst you might only see US, EU and Asia as three big blocks, they consist of multiple individual servers in the farm. Exiting the game to hero select and starting another game can often get your game hosted on a different server within the farm, but none of that has any relevance to the RNG surrounding getting the once in a blue moon combo of good map / good mobs / good elites / right pylons, in the right order / right boss.

2 Likes

You should file not getting good pylons under “bug reports”, you can move this topic to that category if you like or create a new one.

Changing servers won’t change the RNG. It sucks equally across all servers.

What they really need is some sort of balance across the GR maps in general. Battlefields or festering with good mobs, elites with the right affixes, good pylon placement, and good RG can get you a clear 10-20 GR’s higher than getting sewers, with non-compliant mobs, elites with terrible fixes, bad pylon placement, and a pain in the tail RG. Until they fix this, the chances of getting solid conditions is going to cost 1000s of keys and be like hitting the lottery. Unfortunately, fishing is going to be the real end game of D3 until they fix this.

Heh, the only “fix” for that I can see actually happening is power creep to the point it no longer matters.

Well, you never will totally eliminate fishing, but they should do at least a little to even out the RNG, so that fishing won’t feel so mandatory.

You can get 90% progression on a festering map and 40% on a long, long sewer map. This is broken.

Bone Warlock is ez pz and Perdition is a total pain. This too is broken. They need to either make the ez ones harder or the harder ones easier or both.

Having the right pylons can make or break a GR. Maybe all 5 should spawn in each GR.

Some mobs dance around or have affixes that make them skippable. Still broken. Maybe get some more progression for these, so it is actually worth the time to fight them.

Perfect balance is never going to happen. Reasonable balance should, and this game definitely does not have it.

1 Like

It would be a good thing sure, but as it stands there has been no remvap of GR:s ever as far as I can remember (outside the change for how keys work), so seeing it happen after 8 years seems unlikely to say the least.

1 Like

Kinda… but not really. All you can do is change server pool which is pretty much changing regions.

As: