Is the Monk set really something Monks have been asking for?

Haven’t been active in the monk forums for a very long time, I know the idea of a sweeping wind set has been popular, but I always thought it was in conjunction to generators and weapon procs all doing damage.

A Tempest Rush speed build just feels off somehow?

3 Likes

SW with gen is more satifying than the projected set play style. Need actual playing than pure theory analysing.

The community demanded TR set, but idea was set bonuses buff TR damage, not in its current state. Sweeping wind fits SWK better. Its 2 / 4 th pc tied SW to be mandatory. VW buffs later patches directly buffs SWK bonuses and SW % damage, yet the skill is not buffed by SWK damage bonuses. Its just logical if a SW centered DPS build arises, it belongs in SWK.

I for one can’t wait to try it. It looks like it will be super smooth and fluid, unlike the stop and go WoL I’ve been playing with on monk the past few years.

This new Monk Set is actually a rehash of the old SWK.

Khule will keep nagging: “How imaginative…”

I don’t love the sweeping wind skill, but hey, they buffed " Vengeful Wind" fist weapon that gives 10 max stacks now, instead of 7. Its a 4500% dmg increase for sunwuko, T16 should be bread with butter for farming.

I think a competitive TR build would be good for monks. I just don’t think we need a new set to achieve it. Some adjustments to the SWK set and TR legendaries would have achieved it.

1 Like

If they change Cesar’s the way Davlok and others have suggested; have it buff TR for 5 or so seconds after Blinding, Stunning, Freezing or Knocking Back an enemy; then it would make the build much smoother. Then it just needs some better modifiers. If they change Hexing Pants to a bigger multiplicative bonus and tweak Balance and Cesar’s respective bonuses (or add another multiplier to an unused one hander) then TR could compete with WoL. In a different thread on PoJ set it was suggested that Balance gain TR 50% RCR and boost it to 800%.

1 Like

The new set with gen + cyclone was actually fun, just very underwhelming damage/toughness. Hoping they ditch TR from it entirely.

I really don’t get the appeal of TR. It’s slow, clunky compared to Strafe/WW and wants stats (low AS high RCR) that conflict with what SW wants (high AS no RCR). Even if that wasn’t true, TR is already on another set specifically (SWK) and buffed by two others generically (Inna and LoD). If you want to play TR, play one of those and let this new set not be tied to a mechanically unenjoyable skill.

2 Likes

I use to run a SWK/Innas build with a gen, LTK and Cyclone. It was great fun being able to perma stun enemies back then esp when everyone was focused on Pillars.

The closest they can get to such a build now is adding SW to the 6pc damage on SWK.

There already was a tempest rush build with Sunwuko, they rather start a whole new mistake rather than fix the current problem. There’s been so many posts about monks needed a buff in damage and toughness, yet nothing is done about it. I personally would love to see a good LTK build that can be played as trash clear or rgk in a 4 man meta, but nope, instead they make a new set for tempest rush that is week in dmg AND toughness.

1 Like