Is the Instant Karma achievement bugged?

I’ve looked at the videos and spent maybe an hour kiting around over several days and not registered a single point. Done everything else in the season. Any ideas anyone? I looked up the list of known issues as well…

Are you doing this in Adventure mode, or Campaign?

adventure mode, like all the others

I just tried it, and it is working for me. Also in adventure mode. Do you have any thorns, bleed effects, or any other DoTs or curses, etc?

1 Like

No, there’s none of that. I should have said that I’m playing on Europe servers though.

The video shown was made on the EU server just a few minutes ago. I have all the achievements on the Americas server, so I had to do it on EU.

Can you make a video showing that the Skeleton King is getting the kills, and that the counter is not incrementing?

Also it will help if you show your stats in the details page in your inventory, and hover your mouse over each piece of your gear you are wearing as well as showing what skills and passives you are using.

Well, I finally got 1 point, so it’s not bugged. But that took about 15 minutes!
Thanks for your help on this.

1 Like

You can just set the difficulty to T1, use molten wildebeest gizzard, and leave the computer for 30 minutes and when you come back, you should have it.

My attempt took about 15 minutes on normal. You can also speed it up by using a level 1 weapon, and whittling down their health.

1 Like

It says you need to be on T1 or higher, so normal wouldn’t work?

Mine was on normal difficulty, but it looks like the seasonal version must be done on T1.

Hi Vita,

The Seasonal version of Instant Karma does specify T1… see in Seasons / General / Bosses.

I guess there are two versions…

Cheers !

2 Likes

The seasonal one on T1 does take a while. I usually just mostly afk it:

Stack up defensive gear/skills/gems.
Take all thorns gear off.
Take my Templar’s weapon away or straight dismiss him.
Turn on a movie/show on TV.
Grab a sandwich.
Come back and hit a key every 5 min or so to prevent the game from dropping.
30 minutes later, win.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, I took the thorns off and dismissed the Templar, I’m going to stack LoH/def gem etc like you say.
What a stupid task it is.

This is one of those achievements, much like the explode people with a fatty burster or kill scorpion wasps with a furnace, that I just simply refuse to try. My lady wants to do it and I say “go for it” and then she tries… and it just takes an idiotic amount of time, to the point of boredom and abandonment. It might have been “easier” in vanilla days but now… pretty much a complete waste of time. Good thing I don’t care about 100%s.

1 Like

So I got it done, took about 30 mins, enough time for breakfast, lunch or dinner, but not all three, or you could entertain your partner if they’re willing.
That’s 100% completed for the season, including the HC conquests, and the stupid set dungeon.
Thanks for all the advice.

1 Like

Just curious, but why are you interested in seasonal achievements at all?

There are no permanent records of them and there are no rewards.

All you get is a temporarily inflated achievement score in the clan roster which resets at season end.

Do you do this on each server as well? If you have already done this on the EU server, you can just start over again if you like completing achievements.

I only play season, apart from testing out season builds in the few days before the next season starts. Some of the season themes have been really good, though this one is an exception. Specially for HC, where the things aren’t safe to use.
Hey, each to his own, I guess.
I sometimes play on the US servers but not always. Asia is garbage.