Is the Discord Overlay allowed?

Yes, correct.

As I said that devs’ logic would be sound if we had infinite time at each turn which is not the case, so it’s pretty much allowed cheating.

Hey rbroz73,

This overlay is perfectly fine.

14 Likes

I really wish I could find the old video of hardware based multiboxing.
The fella used like 4 keyboards and mice all rigged up with balsa wood across the keys. Gotta love software.

1 Like

Those folks were super creative! I have to give them credit for that. It certainly is easier these days.

blinks a few times. It is so rare Blizz ever gives official approval for anything outside the game.

2 Likes

And yet when ask direct i would like a yes or no on TurboHud you give a cloudy responce. Thats not exactly fair

@Keyblade

I think that’s a pretty clear “do not use this” to me.

5 Likes

You are not making any sense.

Multi-boxing was declared legal by Blizzard since D3 began.
Also, MB is legal for hundreds of other games as well.

Jay needs to brew a nice cup of chamomile tea, then find the sofa, sink into it and relax.

Thanks for the clarification!

Its a SHOULD not , not a outright flat NO or YES. I want a flat yes or no.
I shouldnt eat cake cause it will add on the kilos. But that doesnt mean i cant.
They need to be firm on this stance and give a direct quote. Should means nothing

2 Likes

I ran a mb setup for over a year. Had to pay a subscription for the program as well. Also had to configure all the child controls for each window. There was NO automation at all. Nothing. You press the key for skill slot 1 and all clients responded with skill 1. Biggest nightmare was keeping your instances in sync with each other. THAT was a pita. If you had different movement speeds or an under performing machine that intruduced latency in your key/mouse actions, things got out of synce fast. More instances you had going the worse it was.
Overall it wasn’t worth it in the end. I now just run two account if I do multiple and have them on separate monitors.

Game on.

You’re just arguing semantics. There’s no uncertainty to his reply; you’ve got your answer.

1 Like

Im afraid there is uncertaintly as its not a straight no or yes and until we get that people are going to still use it and ruin the leaderboards and gameplay. I dont know why a definitive answer is so hard to give

1 Like

I don’'t know why a clear answer is so hard to accept.

If a person does not feel that is clear enough, the statement in the sticky thread makes it obvious.

1 Like

Yet what Discord is OK ? No they need to come out and specify. Otherwise people will continue to use it cause alot of players feel that the current buffs system for example is garbage. One example is being able to actively see another players COE Cycle. People complain you cant yet although i dont use THUD personally it prevents me gettign in groups as it displays key information which D3 doesnt which should be in the game. So a clear YES or NO is needed.

2 Likes

Really, question the Discord overlay?

I feel your pain DonMartin.

It blows my mind that someone would ask that question.

Here’s another one:

While playing D3 a widow pops up saying Windows 10 x64 Pro has an update, would you like to install?

Is this illegal?

I mean the OS is in overlay mode on my D3 client window?

Eggman and I are going to get banned?

1 Like

Oh brother and a big FFS -_-

Of course. Discord overlay has absolutely nothing to do with Diablo 3. It doesn’t give you any information about the game. It doesn’t modify the game’s client or receive any data or information from it It gives info about the DISCORD CHANNEL, which is completely independent from Diablo 3, and it works over any game.

How can you possibly think that is comparable in any way to what the blue post described?

2 Likes

Then why is it so hard for a simple No its use is bannable post from Blues then. Until then and action is taken it will plague the game.

1 Like

You’re being naive if you think the word “no” from the blues is going to change anything. They’ve given it and taken action against bots but they’re still rampant.

It’s a nongame related overlay. It has nothing to do with the game, doesn’t show information about the game, and doesn’t have any effect on game outcome. It’s a communication system that happens to have a translucent screen that you can lay on top of anything else. Why wouldn’t it be okay?

1 Like