Is the disconnect problem ever going to be fixed?

Don’t give me the update drivers, clean up computer drive, check internet connections nonsense. I’ve had the same issue on 4 computers now and this is not a problem with any other game. I quit playing D3 about three years ago because of this and am just returning…same issues. I was hopeful that after three years this would have been resolved…

Not sure what disconnection issue you’re speaking of; as a fellow player I have only disconnected when my ISP had an outage. It’s possible something on your network or on the path to Blizzard isn’t working correctly. However, if you don’t want any troubleshooting steps, then you should be posting in the discussion forums, like General.

I seem to be having the same type of problem. every now and then, I can get in game but when i hit the start button, it freezes when it gets to the town screen. this has started happening lately, and I am like you…I want to know what has happened to this game, because it seems this season has been pretty buggy.

I had this exact same issue about 2 weeks ago. I don’t know if this will help in your case, but you can read my entire experience and how I resolved it here:

@RomanBlack
OP didn’t state clearly what his issue is. But for your case, sound like another thread.
Do you have same symptom?

I’ll try thanks. It’s very frustrating

Hi all,

I just ran into this problem today after not playing D3 for 3 years or so. The problem that I was experiencing was that after 2-10mins of playing I got disconnected and I got error 1016. I read that manymany people have the same problem but Blizzard hasn’t provided a solution for years besides the standard network troubleshooting story. Well I found the fix myself today. Apparently (only)Diablo III does something to my USB wifi dongle that it doesn’t like, then it freaks out and it loses a couple of pings (do a ping -t in cmd.exe to test if you have the same problem) which results in the game losing connection. For me the fix was disabling QOS (Quality Of Service) on my wifi dongle at the hardware properties in W10. Strange because QOS should make it better, not worse. Anyways it works for me. Be mindful that disabling QOS can have bad side effects like videostreaming or VOIP performance loss. Hope this works for you too.

I have had this problem for three days, this problem will never be fixed and it has no solution. they don’t care if we can get into their game or not they already made their money so they don’t give a damn about the game quality.