Is it not time to let us keep followers around?

Okay, if it’s too powerful for like, group g-rifts, then sure, disallow them in that instance.

But in a group game, especially if we’re in different zones doing our own thing, I see no reason not to just let us keep our followers around.

For people like myself who are casual enough that I don’t look to push GRifts and optimize everything to a T to squeeze power out of defined synergies, I’m stuck with a dilemma where I’m basically penalized for rifting and such with friends. Do I want to play with my buddies? Sure. But there goes my nems, my flavour of time, and so many other perks form my follower. I don’t want to want to play solo, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Already getting more rewards for grouping up – check.
Wanting more rewards on top of that for having a follower – check.
Feeling overly entitled much? – check.

14 Likes

Just couldn’t handle solo players having even a scrap of power?

6 Likes

Lets just keep making the game easier. I’m just waiting until all we have to do is breathe to be able to play the game. :smirk:

1 Like

Why? It’s not like the followers contribute in any meaningful way? At this point, they are pretty much walking emenate sticks for Nemesis/ Fot, Cains/ Sages.

And perhaps for a cheat death… It’s not like they have any real impact on the game, this isn’t D2…

For some reason, D2 could have followers that contributed with every player in a full game, but D3 can’t.

Not understanding the animosity for not wanting to lose QoL features for the times I want to play with my friends.

Me wanting things is not equivalent to me not wanting you to have things.

Like I said, the place this might have a balance issue (and where the power differential would even mean anything) would be pushing GRs, which is why I said they could be disabled in there if it’s a real issue. Any opposition besides seems to be more or less “I want you to have less fun because you have friends” based on the response.

It would be nice to play with my friends on the weekend and not lose out on things like nems because of it.

1 Like

So wear them. Or get one of the “zero damage” characters to. You know, like every group.

But, no.

All things have opportunity cost.

3 Likes

Again, not talking about high end Grift pushing where you have zDPS classes and all that. There should not be an opportunity cost associated with this.

Why do you oppose it so much? Can you explain please.

1 Like

Kneejerk reaction to gimme mentality.

3 Likes

I think the power/efficiency gap between groups and solo players is too wide, but I don’t think that followers really need to be the place where you try to close that gap. Capping paragon at 800-1000 or something in a season would at least mean solo players would eventually hit the same power level as group players who can level much faster. You could help solo players with bounty efficiency by doing something like giving them double caches if they complete all of the bounties solo or something.

Letting people have followers all the time I think is fine. If we want to close the gap between group and solo player power and efficiency, followers aren’t the place to do it. Organized groups are already going to have all the pylon items covered regardless. Having followers in groups is more helpful to smaller groups and unorganized groups.

So not worth talking to, got it.

Well said, this is exactly my point! Especially the bit at the end.

Back when I played WoW, I remember being livid at the outrageous guild perks (I think those have been toned down since.) Basically if you were in a guild you had insane perks like double movespeed as a ghost, free mass resurrection, and all kinds of things. I didn’t want to be punished for not being in a guild. The current follower system in D3 to me seems like the same thing but in the opposite direction.

Then your friends are not up to par to help you. There’s no way you can dump so much power on your Follower to make a huge difference on group play, as all Followers ever got are utility of crowd control and debuffs. If you give away so much power by playing in groups, then there are two things; either your build is not optimal or your friends are selfish with no one playing a support build to make up for it.

1 Like

Wouldnt mind having follower in open world/normal rifts. Wouldnt hurt the balance between solo vs group imo.
Being able to farm keys with friends would be nice

2 Likes

As a soloer I would love to have the 30% xp buff and be able to setup my follower to be Zdps type, and to get the higher drop rate (4 people sharing loot) that all groups get.
So if soloers can get all that stuff then group people can get a follower!

7 Likes

Not sure why you’re missing the entire point, but okay.

1 Like

What am I missi–

Oh… Why do you need a Follower on a split farm session? I thought you are talking about Greater Rift push group play.
If you miss your Follower that much, then perhaps your character isn’t up to par for the task at all. You don’t need more utility or damage in a speedfarm session, only movement speed. You’re not supposed to drag a debuff bank everywhere like you need more damage than you need to.
In case you really miss them, just use the newest level 70 Asheara’s Set to call them up often. This means losing damage buffs and utility big time, compared to side Sets of Crimson, Cain, Sage and Aughild but that’s the intended backdraw of the situation.

Followers bowing out when a player joins is only a server load thing. Their abilities also cause server to communicate with the client so often. When you think thousands of player capable of doubling the required bandwidth for streaming data back and forth, you’d be able to realize it’s a choice for performance.
If you were to be able to keep your Follower everywhere then the gap between single and group play would never really catch up either. Followers are only there to provide a small advantage for the solo players. Keeping them might seem plausible but it increases server load and removes the only distinct advantage of playing solo.

2 Likes

It’s basically just wanting the nemesis and other QoL emanate effects in either casual group content or split stuff like bounties. Nobody does bounties alone so that part wouldnt even be a “solo vs group” thing.

In GR pushing, people have zDPS builds etc that can serve this purpose. Casual players, at least the ones I know, don’t, and won’t be a balance issue by having the followers.
Also, basic coding stuff like if I start a GR solo and someone happens to join my game, if I die and respawn in town my follower will leave, even though I’m soloing the GR…

Is the game too hard for you…even when you’re leeching off 3 other people?

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely. Feels bad grouping when you lose all the perks from your follower.

2 Likes

I feel like you and the people with similar replies are both:

-not actually reading my points

and

-bitter at the audacity of people who like to play with friends sometimes

…Nobody is “leeching” off anyone in my games with friends, bud.

1 Like