Is it a violation of the CoC

Such a sad, sad little person.

puts on Level 17 Trolling helmet of Turdulence
Which one?

Just flag the impostor with ā€œinappropriate user nameā€.

Without an explanation, how would an outsider know what was going on in this example?

I really miss the old Blizzard forum report system where you can explain why do you think the poster you flagged is an offender.

Also, I think if this is FF14, the impersonator or harasser would have get banned when people reported them.

FF14 took harassment case extremely serious there.

For the recent example:

There were few guysā€™ harassing a popular WoW streamer on his first day playing FF14 and they got banned/ suspended on the next day which even surprised the WoW streamer on how swift the action was taken from the FF14 team.

2 Likes

That must be Bravata :rofl: You should also change your name to The Real Meteorblade or something.

2 Likes

Amusingly, heā€™s claimed Iā€™m obsessed with him, whilst also having done thisā€¦
https://imgur.com/a/1FSBdH4

5 Likes

Heā€™s a psychopath, thatā€™s why.

Please watch out for not breaking the code of conduct yourself and getting a suspension.

2 Likes

This is one of those reasons why weā€™ve needed more active, visible moderation here for a long time. While impersonations havenā€™t been the most common of offenses, itā€™s not difficult to see that the intent was malicious.

Whatever internet alias I use has always been something I try to make distinct enough to avoid copycats. In the case of MBā€™s name, I canā€™t say itā€™s one Iā€™ve commonly come across. Coincidences can certainly happen, but the renaming emboldens the malicious intent. It was a conscious act to take one name and change it to another, and to proceed to actively post in the same forums the ā€œoriginalā€ does in a controversial manner.

Needless to say, were we on the MU*s I ran in the past, the ban wouldā€™ve been swift and immediate. Not just to the renamed account, but all of them. There are lines you simply donā€™t cross.

3 Likes

Hopefully the mods will do something about this tomorrow when they get back to work.

• If not just add it to the list of the other Blizzard problems.
4 Likes

The imposter got me.

I saw at least two posts from the fake one without noticing the post count. I actually thought one of those posts was a weird thing for the real one to say, seemed oddly phrased. It stuck out to me, but I didnā€™t give it too much mind.

Didnā€™t realize what had happened until I saw this thread.

And thatā€™s someone whoā€™s read a bunch of Meteorbladeā€™s posts on the forums. A forum mod who isnā€™t terribly familiar with the people in question would definitely need some sort of explanation.

6 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be the first time. :laughing:

I feel confident such an explanation will be communicated.

1 Like

The mods should be back at work today, letā€™s see if they do anything about the FakeMeteorblade. :point_left:

I should think so. Impersonation with the intent to troll and harass another player is not something they allow. Chances are high it will be dealt with in some way.

Thanks for the update. :point_down:

Looks like itā€™s been taken care of, his posts are named ā€œPlayerā€ which is a forced name change or an outright ban

5 Likes

I am not going to really get into that Avalon. I see you just edited. I canā€™t talk to forum mods directly if that is what you are asking. I can report things of course until my 5 flags are used up.

Heā€™ll be back eventualy, and come up whit something even more anoyeing.

1 Like