Is echoing nightmare coming to non-season?

Is echoing nightmare coming to non-season?

Yes, with the start of season the screams will start dropping in non season.

3 Likes

Reading is a good thing. It took a few seconds to find this. :point_down:

Developer’s Note: With Echoing Nightmares transitioning from a Seasonal theme to a permanent feature moving forward, we felt it was necessary to dial back the Experience rewards to avoid players feeling obligated to maximize their time spent inside the activity. Our vision for Echoing Nightmares is to be a fun bonus activity, like the Vault, that serves as a good source of loot and Augment materials. We’ve also made several changes to Adventure mode and difficulty unlocks—these will align the Diablo III experience across all platforms for new players and should make it easier to jump into your preferred activity. Lastly, we improved the Uber Boss flow so that players and groups can kill multiple rounds of bosses without having to remake games.

6 Likes

I’ve been getting Petrified Screams for the last couple of days. Pulled three so far and ran EN with all of them. So they’re definitely part of non-season play. Apparently they decided to turn on Petrified Scream drops before the season goes live despite what the notice said.

7 Likes

And they wonder why we no longer trust what blue posts say…

1 Like

Your comment and this post resume the problem:

Man the drops are so rare, idk if it’s enabled or not :laughing:. But apperantly it is. Probably by accident, or something.

The drop rate seems to be 5% in ANY Greater Rift. So find a build that can do 2 minute clears of any level and grind, grind, grind. You should be able to do 20 rifts an hour (even with some down time between them) and farm an average of 1 Petrified Scream per hour. It’s like any other farming chore in D3. Farming, farming, and more farming.

Note: because of the “joy” of RNG there’s roughly a 30% chance that you won’t get a scream in 20 rifts. But the average does seem to hold. I’ve run about 70 GR’s since the patch (testing various aspects of Wizard set changes) and just pulled my 4th scream.

1 Like

Wait didn’t they do the 2.7.4 patch Tuesday. OH wait isn’t that the patch for season 27??? Yes they didn’t add everything but everything else is there!!!