Is Diablo 2000 going to be preserved as is?

Title. Us Diablo 2 players need to know if our accounts are going to be wiped for no reason.

Thanks!

god i hope not

this game needs some balance fixes and for the love of god, a whole lot of anti cheat

shared stash would be nice… but as long as they stop cheaters the community will be at least a step in the right direction. so having people transfer you would be at least a little less risky. or solo xfer.

but yeah balance fixes and anti cheat… or they might as well not even do this.

and if they allow people to roll over their cheated gear… im not touching this game. all the stuff that exists now was found by bots. its ill gotten and no one deserves to have to roll over.
not to mention dupes, hybrids, etc those items shouldnt even exist.

100% legit fresh or bust

They are separate games, guys.

1 Like

Well as far i know it’s supposed to be. Minus a few QoL like auto gold pickup and shared stash and hopefully some anti-cheat.

Like I said in other treads, I think first they do a season to fix bugs and stabilize the game. If the game has a good reception, I believe that we can see some improvements. It has to be taken into account that D4 is for 2022, if putting all the improvements from D4 to D2R would be better an expansion of D2R. As much as I love D2, I prefer a D4 that follows the precepts of its predecessor like a new game.

I wish we could transfer our current D2 characters to D2R. I’m gunna be torn between the two games and might just go back to original in the end…time will tell.

There is a new topic/discussion about 2 concrete suggestions concerning realm-characters:

How many different ways do you people need it explained that they are different games? Why is this confusing to you?

Just play the old one if you have such great and wonderful stuff that is so important to you.

1 Like

the question is still:
if d2r is around
what will happen with battle net old d2, because the systems are different.

let’s say I got 10 muleaccounts *8 chars each with filled inventory full of items
that I have accumulated over the course of many years of playing with stuff found, traded etc.

and now blizzard deactivates battle net play for diablo2 (2000) version, then all that time invested goes poof.

if I play SP and have a chance to convert any d2s /d2x and map files over, I do not give a crap about those accumulated items because I can simply create a mule character in d2 2000 and then convert that over, thus saving my items/invested time.

I am generally against a conversion of old battle net characters etc, because they are full of actively and passively cheated items, botted stuff, dupes etc and because you will only create a subset of niche elitists who will run around in nonladder games with stuff that people cannot really acquire in game anymore and could not find ingame for 15+ years now.
(speaking of 1,08 or 1,09er items etc.)

with SP nobody gives a crap because you do not interact online.

“Title. Us Diablo 2 players need to know if our accounts are going to be wiped for no reason”

the reason is simple: yer not an income factor but a cost factor and have been ever since you bought that d2 and lod.

1 Like

From everything that I have read, from a moderator/MVP comments on this General Discussion forum, and from the in-depth talks that Blizzard has uploaded on their YouTube channel, all indications are that both legacy D2 games and the old servers which host them will continue to be supported.

Obviously, there are no guarantees that Blizzard’s support of their old servers will be for another decade. Even if for the next couple of years, I would be happy with that.

:alien: :dolphin:

fine and dandy

i simply have no wish to see all that actively and passively cheated material in the updated game.

(different matter for sp entirely because you are not playing with anybody else)

1 Like

I cannot speak for the game developers, yet everything points to there being no crossover from the legacy games to DII:Resurrected. And peeps who use exploits will be cut off and stuck to the legacy games due to the new manner of logging in as well as game network connections.

At least for the first few months, maybe a few years, all DII:Resurrected players will be free of peeps who use exploits. For as long as it lasts, I am looking forward to the new graphics and to experiencing gaming with no hackers.

let me illustrate the point I want to make a bit more:

let’s take pvp, which will likely be a considerable part of the Nonladder community in diablo2 (and nonladder is where all ends up in time, if the characters are not deleted)
the old 1.08 items like say a 08 valkyre wing’s helmet, Highlord’s Wrath, Windforce etc are a lot stronger than their current 1.10+ iterations

however much of the itemstock is tainted by active and passive cheating (people actually running around with bots etc and getting stuff, duped items, and items obtained from people using bots etc, or like literally any annihilus has the potential to be passively cheated)

and if you allowed a transfer of battlenet diablo 2 nonladder to d2 relaunch nonladder, you’d simply bring lots of that tainted inventory over.

The current news articles state that only the offline local single player save files can be ported to the new D2R software.

D2R online will be a fresh start on the new Bnet 2.0 servers.

Old Bnet with D2 (2000) and LoD (2001) will stay exactly as they are now. They will continue to be supported and not be touched.

2 Likes