Is Blizzard Shutting down in 2022 (Rumor)

It is a good thing if they do.

Since this post you quoted is in the video description I know it is a load of BS. Due to the fact that Diablo 1 already was remastered by GOG about 2 years ago IIRC. But the post quoted says it will be remastered by Insight (renamed Blizz). It wouldn’t make any sense to have two remasters of the same game.

That is why I say that it is more likely a load of BS. A belated April Fools joke, the iron pyrite (fool’s gold) of the posts made on that website.

1 Like

I don’t think Blizzard should shut down I think instead all the upper management and those involved in the lawsuit should be booted…there are a lot of good employees that work there who actually love gaming and want to make quality games…they’re just handcuffed by shareholders

1 Like

Copyrights pass to Activision. It’s easy. We were blaming Activision for everything that went bad, I guess fans never considered there were misconduct in the workplace itself.

What? She’s just one of the leaders. Has she used to work with Ubisoft?

While it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility, especially after recent events, I personally find Blizzard shutting down and restructured to something else very unlikely. A lot of this boils down on the added rumors in the original “leak”.

Like WoW going maintenance mode. Sure its playerbase has dwindled down but it’s still the biggest moneymaker for Blizzard.

The original leak was also posted by a brand new account. The credibility is not really good.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t a grain of truth in some of these individual items.

The restructuring, though–I don’t see it. Also, the name “Insight” is awful for a gaming company.

How the great has fallen

For the first time I’m saying this, who am I to judge, but imho, a post like this on an official forum deserves some kind of a démenti from a blue post.

So much stuff in there doesn’t make any sense to be honest:

• Blizzard is one of the biggest names in the world when it comes to gaming industry, and things like that don’t just dissapear.
  • Overwatch 2 getting cancelled, doesn’t make any sense. Yes, Blizzard has cancelled many projects, but none of them have been officially announced, and large companies don’t cancel officially announced projects.
  • World of Warcraft put in maintenance mode all of a sudden, not gonna happen.
  • Starcraft getting completely abandoned again doesn’t make any sense. It’s one of the most prestigious brands in the whole gaming industries in the whole world. I’m pretty sure that other developers (from other big companies to small studios) would just love to get their hands on Starcraft. So if nothing, Activision would at least sell their rights to that franchise and make some money.

If I remember correctly after most support ended for SC2 they asked the community if they wanted a new installment in the SC universe or a RTS set in a completly new franchise like steam punk themed.

When they are going to make a new RTS they should advance the Warcraft 3 TFT tourney stystem. That is divided by ELO and the possibillity to win prizes. Everything automated of course.

Ive no idea. But I was looking at Ubisoft Staff another day and she looks like one of them, I suppose they all look the same.

Except for Starcraft Ghost, none of their canceled projects were known to the public outside of rumor and speculation.

hmmm off topic much!!??

3 Likes

As many have said, it is probably fake/rumor mill garbage. If not, it will be a name change/restructuring that has already been underway with firing and moving of positions. I wouldn’t mind VV taking a lead roll in the Diablo series and influencing D4 development or making new D2R content.

2 Likes

First of all I don’t think that it is likely that Blizz would change its name to Insight. That name doesn’t sound right to begin with for a game company.

Second the only way Blizz might restructure and change their name is if the fallout from not only the lawsuits but also the hit to the reputation is enough that it affects their bottom line. Where Activision/Blizz sees that the only way out of the mess is for Blizz to change their name, then yes they would do that. But changing it to Insight isn’t gonna happen. Maybe Cold Snap Games as a placeholder would sound a lot better and fit with the former name of Blizzard.

Third GOG had already done a remaster of Diablo 1 and there is no way that Blizz would do a second remaster of the same game themselves.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could ban anyone posting political junk in General? One can dream I suppose…

7 Likes

They don’t exactly have any choice when they become a subdivision to Activision. Instead of going with Blizzard, they will become “Activision Insight”. Just like once Blizzard had a subsidiary studio called “Blizzard North”. You can’t be sure of the name 100% but if it’s a thing to happen, as I said, they won’t have many choices but accept what’s coming at them.

Yeah, that sounded odd to me as well. I mean, GoG already has a highly compatible digital copy with Hellfire and D3 has a seasonal event for Darkening of Tristram. Why bother?

1 Like

One way to change a company is to rename it’s job positions. By changing the company and doing slight changes to job positions. You can eliminate currents positions and have people apply for the new positions. It’s an easier way of removing people you don’t want. You don’t have to confront the real issues with certain people you don’t want anymore. It’s a thing companies do all the time.

Grammar edit

It’s not even a good attempt at making a false rumor

1 Like

When companies merge the other side does have a voice in the matter. Otherwise it means it is not a merger but a takeover. Then why isn’t it just called Actvision period.

Consider there’s so much negative news around the company. For Activision it will be a power move but sort of required. Former CEO Mike Morhaime stepped down when the investigation started, Vice President Allen Brack sortof let go after things blew over. There are only two leaders heeling the Blizzard right now and they’d be in agreement with their partner company Activision with this for sure.
I mean, I don’t give credit to the “leak” entirely, but I can expect it to happen when Activision finally says “enough”. Even if Blizzard were to be called another name, it would still be a subsidiary company to the Activision like today.