Is barb stats bugged?

So why is my in game stats different in-game than in d3planner with the same imported gear (37,343,140 Toughness in game meanwile 56,751,079 on d3planner)? My char got around 270m toughness when stacked but still I get one shotted by literally everything. Is someone else experiencing this??

I assume you have a Ring of Royal Grandeur in your cube? If you’re getting one-shot by everything, I’d strongly suggest swapping your Convention of Elements for a Band of Might for 60-80% damage reduction, and your Strongarm Bracers for Mortick’s Brace.

1 Like

Hi Stids.

I assume you’re referring to your Seasonal Rend Barb? If so, you shouldn’t be using the Crimson variant when you have such low Paragon. The Crimson’s variant requires a lot of Paragon and main stat to be effective, and it’s always much squishier than the Core build.

From now until Paragon 5000, you’ll want to stick to the Core build with CoE, Band of Might, and the Zodiac ring. See the stickied Rend guide at the top of the forum and give it a read; it will answer any and all of your questions, but if it doesn’t, the best place to ask is in that thread.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

The only thing I would add, is that using the crimson variant lets new players hit the CDR numbers easier and thus helps them maintain perma wrath easier. Plus, it gives them a nice boost in DR that they don’t get elsewhere.

1 Like

It actually doesn’t allow for easier uptime on wrath because you are required to take IP as well and an entire extra ability taking zodiac procs. I actually find the core builds cdr management much easier.

2 Likes

Why would you be required to take IP? I mean, it’s not like you are that much squishier unless you’re pushing GRs. I’m talking about early on when you are still struggling to hit that sweet spot for CDR and don’t have the best rolls on your gear where you can use 6 wastes.

1 Like

That’s kind of the point, right? You push GRs. The Core build is just as good as the Crimson’s variant for speed-farming T16 and such, especially at the OP’s Paragon.

If gear rolls are a problem, you’re better off using the BK set for the increased attack speed (and thus more Zodiac procs). You can also roll off DPS stats for CDR; only when your gear starts getting good should you switch to the IB set and stacking AD, and even then you only need them for pushing. The Crimson’s variant does have a higher DPS ceiling on paper, but the requirements to get that to work in practice are well beyond the means for a Paragon 800-900 player.

The bottom line is that the OP is going to be incredibly squishy when using the Crimson’s variant because he doesn’t have the main stat to make up for dropping Band of Might.

Agree… but why drop BoM instead of CoE? Damage isn’t really a problem early on… the set does all the work for you. I’m guessing that if the OP is feeling squishy, he would already be using as much mitigation as he has available… .assuming he has a BoM available.

To add to this, I use Crimson as soon as I get the plans, because usually I have the plans to craft them before I even have my 6 pieces, and using the BK set as you’ve said I can usually clear GR 90s grouped without dying very quickly. But then, I’ve been following your guilds (thanks for those BTW) forever and just stacking DR and CDR where I can.

The OP didn’t have Band of Might anywhere in his build, and without COE, the Crimson variant’s damage increase over Core is negligible. In other words, it’s not worth using Crimson’s until you have the Paragon to drop Band of Might.

Totally agree. Lack of a band of might would make any build feel squishy…

1 Like

Your in-game toughness is standing in town? There’s a few things causing the difference.

1. Wastes4 is automatically enabled in D3planner
  2. Taeguk is given a full 10 stacks automatically in d3planner
  3. RoRG doesn’t get properly imported

So in D3 planner you have Wastes4 and Taeguk up, but no Crimson3. In town, you have Crimson3 up but no Wastes4 or Taeguk active.

I imported your profile into D3planner was was able to get roughly 37m toughness by manually adding RoRG to your cube and disabling the Wastes4 and Taeguk buffs. That should reflect what you see in game while standing in town without WWing.

Other folks have addressed your toughness issues and changes to make to your build to fix it. Just thought I’d address why you saw a discrepancy with d3planner. D3planner automatically enables things, so you just need to make sure you have all the same buffs active (or inactive) in d3planner as you do in game.

1 Like

I will say that I like the CC3 variant in pubbies where I may not be able to attack monsters as often as solo, thus fury and CD suffer, but that could be a gear or L2P issue on the pieces I have. For solo work core has several advantages and I will never have 5k paragon.

Zodiac allows you to keep up Wrath very, very easily, and you only need a single gear slot compared to 3+.