Invoker Leaderboard - PTR Favorite Reborn

Today I sort-of pushed the Invoker leaderboard, the bar was set very low @ 126 on North America. I one keyed a GR126 in 10 min without any trouble.

Instead of a pure Invoker6 Punish setup, I ran it with Bombardment legendary items, like I did on the PTR before they redid Invoker’s 2pc and 6pc.

While regular I2 is much weaker these days, I found the overall progress substantially better after incorporating Bombardment.

My setup was still attack speed focused, I carried only 50% AD in that run – I didn’t even use Lord Commander, I had no bombardment % gear rolls. A more optimized setup could bring my clears into the low 130s, which for my paragon is seemingly easier to succeed at than classic Invoker setups with Pig Sticker/Furnace or Norvald/Akarat’s Awakening.

The biggest take away is that removing the trash greatly helps with target selection.

So if you’re going at the Invoker leaderboards, I recommend the Bomardment dps setup – just be sure to pull out of close combat when your AC is down.

These new leaderboards are cool. They should have done them a long time ago. Someone finally kicked them in the rear to do something right. Follower stuff shoulda been done a long time ago too.

2 Likes

imo these new leaderboards fix an issue that shouldn’t exist. You shouldn’t have to play on different leaderboards in order to compete with you favorite build. Sure, it fixes the problem but it’s like buying a new car because your tires are flat.

As far as Invoker is concerned, I would tell you that I’ll try it but I hate the build so much… Also, isn’t it sad that the best way to play invoker is to play a worse A6I2/LoN bomb ?

1 Like

I see your point for sure. It’s a little different because that simultaneous single target damage makes all enemy health bars drop in parallel.

The Invoker set is a mix up:

• I2 Thorns AoE
  • I4 Bombardment based DR
  • I6 Punish/Slash - Single Target

The Set Dungeon calls for use of Consecration, which nobody uses today because it’s obsolete.

At this point, the I2 Thorns AoE and/or Consecration should probably take the place of Bombardment. If they could tie those two abilities into Vo’Toyias Spiker and make the AoE strong where it hits stuff for 200T-300T, I think the build would be well rounded.

1 Like

I see it more like if I’m driving a go-kart, I can compare my lap times versus other go-kart drivers, rather than against Formula 1 cars.

The problem is that no build should be considered a go-kart when some other builds are formula 1. Yes, if you’re driving a go-kart, you can’t compete with a formula 1 but why should Roland be a go kart ? Why can’t you make it a formula 1 ? Is it that hard to bump the numbers by ×4 ?
So in the end, you have to drive a go kart and sure it’s fun… but it would also be fun to do it on the real leaderboard.
Let’s be real : nobody is competing on the roland leaderboard (I use Roland as an example, of course, but here in dmkt case it also applies : I wish I could compete against him but I don’t like invoker so I don’t want to commit to pushing against him). I set the record here with a gr137 on EU. I think the second highest has not cleared a 130 yet, and that’s worldwide ! At least if Roland was a formula 1, I could aim for some other ranks to topple.

1 Like

Hi Kikaha,

Good to have your input again. Your go-kart analogy is so on target that I am midway between cringing in obvious pain and restraining a bout of hopeless laughter.

The only thing I can say here is that perhaps the new leaderboards structure will allow the devs to clearly see the chasm between the top tier builds and all the "go-kart’ alternatives. Consequently, perhaps, in future patches we will see some actual balancing across the armor sets.

GR 137 with Rolands - now that is impressive. You continue to be the undisputed ace in that category.

1 Like