Invoker 6p bosted from DepthDiggers?

I said thorns damage, not thorns. Look at the formula in the screenshot I provided. The first two figures are your thorns and your strength.

My Invoker has around 329K thorns and 32.8K strength, and that’s with all thirteen slots augmented with 500 STR caldessan’s despair. So…
329,000 * 32800 = 10,791,200,000

If, as you’ve suggested elsewhere, I had instead augmented all thirteen gear pieces with vitality instead, that would have reduced my strength by 6500 and, due to the Heart of Iron, increased my thorns by 300% of 6500 = 19500. So, the revised figure would be…
(329,000 + 19,500) * (32,800 - 6500) = 348,500 * 26,300 = 9,165,550,000

That’s over 15% damage loss.
Strength is still massively important for Invoker.

Found the wording that explains that thorns damage is increased by primary attribute at the rate of 1% per point of attribute. Wasn’t aware of that previously. Just noticed that if I switched all of my paragon points from strength to vitality, thorns was the same value. Was playing hardcore and was more concerned with survival since I was not having a problem finishing rifts unless dead.

All my Vit-Caldessan’s is a mistake. I forgot to use right gems when augmented. Month ago i’m re-caldessan in to str all broken pieces. Stop judging me please for that fault)).

General theme of the thread is take attention of developers to this pesky situation with DD and Invoker. They need to change something in the skills or in the set.

Appreciate all the comments and help. I threw out some ideas that were wrong and got answers to questions I’ve been trying to figure out for years. Meteorblade and Kirottu, your answers helped me a great deal and hopefully will help other players.

Primary stat always increases damage. It’s its own multiplier too.

Boosting “Punish” damage does not help Thorns or Invoker.

Physical, attack speed, Strength, Thorns - the only things you should worry about.

Can anybody explain to me, what means “first enemy hit”. As i understand it is just literally FIRST hit, so other hits (after first, ofc.) won’t take 6p bonus.
If so, what you think about changing that bonus to something more useful?

Let’s say you use an attack that hits 10 enemies. One of those 10 enemies will be the first of the 10 hit. That’s the one that gets the big damage applied to them. It does not mean that you only get the bonus the very first time you attack a mob.

1 Like