Innas Rework: Feedback

Lol they gave Inna its identity by taking away its identity. Real smart aren’t they?

Or revert it back to how it was, because at this stage it can’t get any worse.

Where’s the fun in that??

It also amuses me endlessly to see a handful of perpetually salty people follow me around from thread to thread, dumping all their flags onto my posts in a weak effort to get me banned, because they cannot handle my brutal honesty. Only to have those posts of mine restored because the flags were 100% bogus.

Proof? Link or screen shot with crap gear inna para 750 doing GR120?

I think they’re lying as well. I had 2200 paragon and was having the floor wiped with me in 100.

1 Like

Fire allys take forever to catch up with you especially if you use dashing strike, your allys are the real damage dealer here and if they take 30 seconds to reach you before damage output it’s going to be lackluster. AI needs to be improved or find a way for the allys to always stay next to you. So basically everybody runs water allys right now because of how much better their attack travels to enemies.

The build itself has great damage when the allys are working properly it’s the lack of toughness and sustainability. Once I get to 90+ grift that toughness goes right out the window.

1 Like

The Identity is still there, your “MAs” deal your dmg and you focus on them instead of them being just a generic multiplier. Previously it was just the generic dmg multiplier set, love that or hate that but Inna’s does deserve a rework.

Now as to someone likes the rework or not, thats of course up to you and we should all respect the others opinion, I personally like the rework just the clunkyness and the dmg numbers need to be changed and we have ourselfs a good build.

and yes of course, be good people! More fun in that, then in arguing over something useless.

Who doesn’t right? Has the Blizzard narrative, ideal balance of “GR130 @ P5000”, slipped your mind? And of course I’m referring to withOUT Ethereal weapons. But I think you’re reaching a bit far. And I’ll gladly admit I’m not in agreement with Blizzards efforts to balance around the “GR130 @ P5000”, that is/was supposed to be their goal. While it’s kinda sounding like you’re wanting to be able to do GR140 @ P2000, considering PTR just dropped this past Thursday/Friday.

The narrative, that they once said want to balance all builds by, this fabled “GR130 @ P5000” is nonsense. Sure some builds have it harder to complete a 130 then others (in this I mean the adjusted GoD DH for example) but you can clear a 130 with those builds far below the “P5000” mark, given that you of couse fish for the right setup and rift. For those builds that cant clear even a 130, well those are the builds blizzard or rather the team should be reworking/adjusting. The ship however has sailed on the “GR130 @ P5000”, that wont happen anymore I believe.

I also believe it’s kind of nonsense. About 99% of everything Blizzard has done completely contradicts their “GR130 @ P5000” statement.

I also agree that GoD6 DH overperforms according to Blizzards stating balance around GR130 @ P5000 (Coming from a DH main).

Also agree there are tons of other builds that are heavily underperforming and needs upgrades and balance changes.

That goes without saying. I feel the Bone Spear Necro nerf was justified. And that Firebirds Mirror Images Wizards needs to be hit with the nerf-stick too…As well as any other class/build that is overtuned past the GR130 @ P5000 balance.

2 Likes

They could have just buffed the Mystic Allies without killing all the current Inna builds.

1 Like

Fair enough. I can see that this is upsetting people, but also you have to see that they want every set to be unique, you know. Having 4 different TR builds (Inna, LoD/LoN, PoJ, SWK) on the monk be the best in slot is surely not what they were aiming towards. But still I get why people would be upset about that.

If they had buffed all of the ally stuff and left the damage multiplier alone, it actually might have performed well enough to hit over 130, but like said previously it would be another TR build. You wouldn’t have to sacrifice damage to get it to work. Nothing overlaps except the bracers which is an easy replacement in the cube.

Although that might be what they do not want. This is completely their problem! They introduced POJ TR build when the SWK already been buffing the TR. Now the inna rework has so many bugs and I even do not think the dev is capable of fixing them. If they want us play something else, then make new sets stronger than the current, otherwise, the new inna is slow, clunky and not fun at all.

What ruins it for me is “attacking enemies creates”. They should still go up to 10 on their own.

And DR needs to be 8% each ally
And dmg buff ???

I am testing the Inna Reach 2-hander and 4 other inna pieces with rorg in cube. That gives me the 6 piece inna set. It is a true generator pet build with no WOL or TR included.
Reached a gr122 with great difficulty. 123 seems impossible even though my PTR gear is uber. So for me the Inna buff with the new Bindings of the lesser Gods and Crudest boots needs some kind or rework to make it usable. The Mystic alley pet damage is lacking or perhaps even broken. By broken I mean this … mostly the damage is just not there but sometimes it kicks in and does really good damage. But that damage only shows up every 3 minutes or so on average. At gr 122 and above the build needs to use Unity ring to survive as the Lefebre shoulders and Inna gear mitigation are not enough. Was really hoping for a new build to have fun with.

I did test the new lod WOL build but that too falls short of my current ns POJ set up. Unless changes are made to the new Inna set I remain using my Justice gear TR setup.

1 Like

Then you are not playing it correctly. Go and try copy what people did in the leader board for LOD build and you will find out it is amazing!

Agree, inna need a huge damage buff and some toughness buff as well. Hope they make the set have total DR around 70% and make x2-x4 damage buff to the 6 piece

1 Like

I think 50% Damage reduction while you have a Mystic Ally in play and 70% when you have more than 2 Mystic Allies would go a long way to fixing the set’s toughness issue. Then it becomes a numbers game of balancing the set but also they need to fix Mystic Ally skill. I believe only the Water Ally is benefiting from pet multipliers, area damage and attack speed buffs. Other runes receive some of those bonuses, but it is inconsistent as to what applies to each rune. Also the Fire Allies need to respawn faster after they detonate and it would be nice if you had more than 2 (with Crudest Boots) in play when they respawn (at least half the number that detonated if not all of them).

1 Like

ty for your reply.
Yes I did that as I used the same build idea as the top leader boards except for those stone gloves. I seem to die more by using those as my monk just stops moving and gets killed. I really believe monk should be buffed in toughness so we could wear magefist for that lod build, Plus I just read that some people are exploiting it so the entire build is skewed for any valid ptr feedback for the devs.
I am grateful to the blizzard folks for actually continuing to try to improve this game given the covid crisis.

I agree that for now at this point in time, that it does seem that the more effective skill is TR. Patterns of Justice and Sunwuko’s already use this? The statement of giving Inna’s it’s own identity needs a little more work. For some reason in this game, at varied points in time, one skill for several character classes becomes the goto skill across the board.
With five sets for each class, they could have made each set exclusively use a specific skill without cross-over into other skills other than as a support mechanism. That’s only my opinion though.

If they are going to make the Mystic Allies the primary damage then they need full usage of all pet facilities T&T, Enforcer as well, plus as stated the cyclone strike needs to proc them better. On top of this I totally agree that better damage reduction is needed (and damage) to make this set competitive.

2 Likes