Inferno and Arctic Blast bugs

The 2 channeled skills in D2 were designed with the intention of doing very high dmg, at the cost of high mana and rooting yourself. The Inferno page itself in Arreat Summit calls it the highest dmg skill in the Sorc arsenal when taking Warmth and Fire Mastery into account.

The reality is that is not the case.

Due to a bug, these two channeling spells only really do 1/3 of the displayed dmg, and in some patches, only the first enemy is hit despite the supposed pierce effect.

As a result, they became meme builds. Completely unviable. Even to the point of making the act 3 Fire mercenary the worst mercenary in the game because it casts Inferno every other attack.

So, question is simple, would it be possible to fix this bug (or triple the numbers of these 2 spells to make up for the bug) in D2R?

15 Likes

I take pride in know everything about d2 but I did not know this. Even 3x damage won’t make these skills any good. Who wants to just stand there to cast spells?

Would be fun to have different build paths by buffing skills or in this case fixing the bug. I dont want all skills be to OP, but I would still like them to be viable to an extent where you feel you can use them as an option.

4 Likes

I already have both bugs in my list. Inforno is actualy bugged more than you speak off. It also doesnt work well on diablo hell.

Feel free to check list i made, there is a lot of bugs to fix :slight_smile:

Bug/problem list for Devs: what to fix for D2R

3 Likes

awesome list. However, I’d say most bugs in D2 are minor and don’t make a big difference. This bug in particular I find pretty big because it straight up makes 2 skills unusable.

3 Likes

Please developers read this, do something with
. Inferno (more damage per level, burning after being hit and knockback for example)
. Artic blast (more damage per level, freeze and slow after being hit like holy freeze aura)
. Blade sentinel (since its dodgeable add a powerful open wounds with spectacular bleeding and trigger inventory effects ?)
and such never used skills.

What you have done yet is very nice, carry on :smiley:

4 Likes

just an update, I tried this out in the beta, briefly (using Leaf RW). It isn’t fixed.

:frowning:

Yes, it is not fixed, but it actually viable until 4 act NM.
It is not very convenient, but I was able to solo 8ppl tombs with no problem.
I also saw someone also with inferno, and it was fun to walk together in beta.

1 Like

I hugely agree.
Also, as I remember, the hit zone for both spells is a tiny thread, compared with the actual graphics. It would be nice if the hit zone were large enough to match the appearance.

2 Likes

This is not WoW. Some skills are just crap used only for synergies.

well, this one was not designed to be crap. It’s a bug. Bugs should be fixed.

If the display dmg is 900 - 1100, it should deal 1000 dmg in average, not 280. The game shouldn’t mistakenly multiply the dmg value by 0.28…

4 Likes