In DiEoxidEs stream, PezRadar gave us some info

This is why I kept my expectations low, lol.

No nerf is great news. It’s better than I thought we’d get.

So that mean, we will have a spot in the 4-man meta as zDH. That’s huge for us.

As far as being “competitive”, folks running in the 140’s with a DH is something I personally couldn’t imagine. No 150 clear isn’t the worst thing that could have happened.

That and the fact that we can run high 130’s with relatively low paragon, in the 3k range when some of our builds couldn’t even reach 120 with the same paragon is another huge deal.

This isn’t to say I don’t have a bit of disappointment but this news is far better than I thought we’d get and that my friends, has me excited.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I played Shadow but if I remember correctly, it had similar to success against missile dampening that you noticed but I think to really see it you had to right there next to the elite (I know that how folks play it) to do it as quickly as GoD6 because the daggers from Impale travel even slow than arrows in the bubble.

But…

Shadow did so much more damage than out other sets at the time that I played it that I just assumed it was the damage of the set that made the difference and not that more daggers were hitting at close to the same time because of the bubble.

Basically, this is just a long winded way of saying, I think you’re right.

1 Like

I always loved the missile dampening with S6, unless it was a spinning dervish! That got painful, really fast!

2 Likes

Missile Dampening is really good for Chantodo Vyr’s too.

The side bolts from Static Discharge build up like crazy in the bubble and continue giving Chantodo’s stacks and Obsidian procs for a long time after you enter Archon. By the time you come back out, you already have a full 20 stacks of Chantodo’s and a full reset on Archon, so you can just hop right back in.

It’s hard to really leverage though, because missile dampening elites aren’t all that common to begin with, and you need to keep it alive somehow while still fighting in the bubble in order to try and leverage it to kill other stuff.

I found, at least with Chantodo Vyr’s, it’s not really worth trying to leverage, you’ll just end up wasting time. Better to just consider it a lucky bonus, work it for a couple rotations, then move on. Any time I tried to keep one alive and drag it with me to another pack, I just ended up losing more time than I gained.

1 Like

It’s just cool if you’re using FoT and you just come of a Conduit Pylon and as it expire, the first elite you come to is a missile dampening one. Can’t leverage it as you say, but it’s cool to see an elite die as quickly as would if the Conduit was still active.

Also kind of neat when you run into two missile dampeners in the same GRift. Tons of progress but it’s so rare that would probably count as a “Dream Rift”.

1 Like

I’ve hit runs of “same affix” elites in GR’s before.

The only time I remember it happening with dampening was when I played DMO Orbit wiz.

I can see uber fishing looking for it in the DH push META future.

That’s great he popped on your stream! Always awesome when Blizzard gets involved with the community. Wish the devs posted more / were a little less constrained. Having a healthy source of news strengthens any brand.

I pasted the entire conversation from another thread where we were going back and forth about it. Nothing was spilled that is sensitive. It was a nice gesture on his part that portrays the value that all the twitch and YouTube streamers represent. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

well I’ll look at it half full…

he did say “won’t get many more if any”…which leaves the door open for some tweaking of the 6pc GoD bonus (hoping) or even the HPS range…

Was there any talk about increasing a little more damage to HPS?

That is disappointing consider that the impale damage modifier on Holy Point Shot is still quite weak.

2 Likes

Sounds like a rather noncommittal answer.

I wish they would post more stuff here but I doubt they would get into any liability issues for making a few speculative comments on a stream.

If so I think it’s safe to assume that the biggest balancing patch 2.7 will nerf or buff every other set to clear around GR142-145 at paragon 10k.

guys its as simple as its the way it should work if its non pertinent information-- benefits of streaming… it also shows that the CMs are interested in the playerbase viewpoint … cause tbh forums isnt always the more dedicated diablo players opinion. Sometimes it is.

Then again think of just the in game benefits of streaming in this game if youre fairly well known…

basically saying, that they just polished and didnt do any more number tweaking.

Great, necro set is dead on arrival too… And all the needed buffs for impale or pestilence are just overheard or “made later” “soon” not even “blizzard soon” probably

It’s funny how so many people were saying from the beginning that the 10000% for the 6p is just a placeholder and as it looks like it wasn’t.
I’m not saying it will be weak but I was kind of still hoping for more… why can’t be DH just a little bit OP for at least a few months.

I was one of those people, actually. But Blizzard instead of upping the 6-piece bonus to 20,000% or so, they doubled the 2-piece bonus which accomplished the same thing, at that time.

Turns out many of thought it still needed more damage after that. But as far as 10,000% being a placeholder, that may not have been true but they doubled the damage by another means which accomplished the same thing as if they manipulated the six-piece. So we weren’t exactly wrong.

2 Likes

Yes but the thing is even after the patch some were still saying it’s just a placeholder.
But my point was nevertheless that I know it has nice damage but not even a bit OP like some other sets were at release.

1 Like

I guess that also explains why wudijo made one GoD review video and all of his personal changes instantly made it to PTR.

devs are cherry picking from people who are active on social media.

That’s not true, first of all there was a huge feedback post made by @Iria that basically had most of the community feedback as well some more in depth testing that included bugs, etc… And that thread was highlighted also by PezRadar so that the devs could take a better look in what it was being reported.
Wudijo on a previous video before GoD he said that DH class didn’t need toughness and then later on, on the video you’re talking about he states that the class is a bit squishy and that it would need more toughness? Was that implemented? Nope, with that said and knowing that there was only a video made by him and not a thread which one do you really think that the dev’s took in count? They are not going to waste their time looking for possible streamers that they have no idea if their testing skills would be valid or not. But they would make use of the “tool” that they have on their hands which is the Feedback report that’s why it exists in first place.

Here’s the thread and of course as you will notice a ton of things will overlap that were being said here and also on wudijo’s video.

4 Likes