In depth new DH set GoD6 analysis, tips and detailed setup options!

I think I’d have to use Prepartion to be able to keep Shadow Power up through the whole rift. So I think it’s either FoK or Shadow Power. Otherwise, discipline becomes an issue you have to manage and that goes against my “nice and easy” approach to this game.

I could do it but it would be using it on an as I need it basis (the case with Night Bane but not so much with Gloom) and I’m worried about times I’ll need it and not be able to use it because I’m out of Discipline.

But this is all theory crafting at this point and I won’t know if the discipline management will be something I can deal with or not.

You’re using one generator right? So it’s possible to go HA, Strafe, SP, FoK, Prep, Veng. Should be able to fit them all in there unless I’m missing something. For easier management, you could swap out FoK for boar for slightly less toughness.

Dual generator builds will have to make a choice.

But thinking about it more…

I could put FoK on numlock and then my fingers can concentrate on using Shadow Power Gloom only when I need it which would give me back that “nice and easy” thing I mentioned earlier.

That messes me up when it comes to Perdition. Need Smoke Screen or Vault for emergencies, I think.

I wouldn’t much like it if both Mancarver and Perdition become no-go rift guardians because they both can be common, even more so when your doing mid tier speeds.

Edit:

By speeds in that case I’m talking an average of 10 or so minutes a run for gem ups. Where the boss fight could take like 30 seconds or so.

8 Likes

I was able to just take the hit from perdition in my GR 138 attempts with SP Gloom and FoK and you know I build glassy with no fortress ballista. Heal back to Full HP in seconds after the hit.

Up to you on how you want to go about your defenses, but I think having both SS and SP Gloom on your bar is sorta redundant as they both serve similar roles (prevent you from taking an extreme amount of damage or getting one shotted). I’d go as far as saying SP is far more forgiving than SS in terms of timing, thus easier to use.

This is all assuming you’re not using night bane. If so, then having SS as well makes sense.

Well, that does improve things a bit. I wasn’t aware you could take the hit from Perdition that high up. You’ve got a bit more paragon than I do but I don’t think I’ll be doing 138 with the set unless it gets a decent boost in damage and I get more experienced with the build.

But yeah. It all depends on which I do better with, the pulls from dropping Icy Trail to slot Shadow Power Bane/FoK or the toughness from Shadow Power Gloom/FoK.

1 Like

So, I’ve been testing the setup on a LoD build. Mainly with Gloom and FoK. The only equipment that was ancient or better was a Primal Fortress, K’mar Tenclip (or whatever it’s called, and Wraps of Clarity. The gems were LoD maxed, Teaguk (116), and Stricken (115). The gems were high because I didn’t feel like leveling some to a lower level.

I did it in season and didn’t have much in the cube but tried to simulate a non season deal with an armor, weapon and jewelry spot.

At any rate, it does really well. Can’t simulate GoD exactly but it was just to see how GoD6 would do with Preparation, FoK, and Vengeance on numlock and if I could keep up Shadow Power through the rift and it worked perfectly without too much hassle with trying to manage the cooldowns.

So yeah, that might be my way to go when the patch goes live. I only ran it to Grift 75 but it could do higher, LoD test thing, I mean.

But basically this Shadow Power and FoK set up adheres pretty well to my “nice and easy” approach. Thank you, DiE.

3 Likes

This will be the last post I can make, I’m pretty sure at least, until someone else posts, but I finally understand what you were trying to show a while back with your stutter step method, DiE.

It’s a whole lot easier with a channeling + movement skill like strafe which is why I think I can pull it off with that skill and not so much with Multi-shot in a UE. Using it in UE requires you to hold down Multi-shot as if it was a channeling skill and press and release force stand still with a sort of “rhythm” which is why you explained most people can do it when moving in one direction, either forward or backward. That much I was able to do.

With strafe, because of how GoD works with having to keep momentum stacks up, you can use your generator to force strafe to stop moving and whenever you release the generator as long as you’re holding down strafe and force standstill (which doesn’t actually stop your strafe), then essentially you’re stutter stepping every time you fire your generator.

Basically, I’m saying that stutter stepping with Strafe and GoD6 is about 100X easier than trying to do it with Multi-shot and I have a brand new level of respect for what you can do with Multi-shot.

Major props to you, sir.

2 Likes

Yeah this is exactly my experience as well.

I can do it pretty well actually with Strafe, I learned it when I was messing around with Nat’s back in the day. I’m not perfect, I’ll miss one every once and a while, but I’m a lot better at Strafe generator weaving than I am with multishot stutterstepping.

With UE, I can do it reasonably well, but only if I’m going in a somewhat forward direction. Directly forward towards the pack? No problem. Forward on an angle to sort of side-strafe a pack? Not too bad, until I get past it then start having to shoot behind me a bit. That’s where I start to lose it.

Basically as long as I’m shooting at least sort of in the same direction I’m moving in, I can manage it. Once I start needing to shoot in a totally different direction than the way I’m moving, that’s where it falls apart. That’s on an entirely different skill tier. I’ve tuned in to DiE’s stream a few times, and he makes it look so easy! It’s really not.

2 Likes

This is a build I copied from Iria that he used for his 125 clear. I used it for my 121 clear and it worked well. It uses both Shadow Power Gloom and Smoke Screen Vanishing Powder

https://imgur.com/a/t0pApLm

We’ve all moved on to better builds, but this is viable and it worked. I didn’t need Preperation to make it work. Just be careful with Shadow Power.

1 Like

I settled on a FoK, Shadow Power combination. DiE, mentioned that he was able to just take the hit from Perdition as high as 138. Which allows me to slot Preparation over an evasion skill and keep Gloom up throughout a rift.

I originally planned to drop Icy Trail Strafe for the faster movement one and slot Shadow Power Night Bane to be my to slow and thus get better pulls which I might still do, but that combination of FoK Bladed Armor and Shadow Power Gloom is pretty powerful when it comes to defense and I might just deal with not being able to get the same pulls as someone that uses the dual generators of Entangling Shot and Hungering Arrow.

@Idolis and TinneOnnMuin (we call you “Tom” on stream, cuz…well…don’t think we’ve succeeded on the pronunciation yet lol) Appreciate the compliments.

I have a new video coming out soon which I’m super excited for in terms of weaving with GoD6. It’s such good news that I had to make a new video for just this thing only.

3 Likes

That’s still better than what I’ve been doing. lol

I’ve basically been using numlock on Companion and Vengeance and using Vault as my “stutter step substitute”. Allowing my Companion and Vengeance to pop when it needs to.

Hell, I’m starting to get a whole new respect that I’m able to clear as high as I have with this half—ed way of playing UE. This is one of the reasons I always downplay my skill with UE. Half the time, I’m shooting at stuff off screen. All I need to do is hit a mob or group of mobs once before I get out of dodge and let the rockets from Arsenal do the rest.

It’s a safe method but will never be as effective as getting close enough to see what you’re shooting at. lol

Haha. Well that is my name!

TinneOnnMuin is a handle I’ve been using for a long time, it’s the Ogham letter names (Ogham - Wikipedia) that spell my name.

No idea what the actual correct pronunciation should be, but I’ve always said it as tinn-onn-moo-in. Most people in Discord or whatever just call me “Tinne” (tin) for short.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t really belong in this thread, but there’s requests for the developers to drop the theme in the next season and put CoE as the theme similar to the LoN and RoRG themes.

That would be pretty cool for GoD6. Able to slap Elusive in the cube instead of CoE would allow most everyone to drop almost everything if not everything defensive from their skill bar.

Resulting in higher clears from me for sure.

I kinda like the idea. Doubt it would happen, but it’s a cool thought nevertheless.

Want to throw this out there and probably will update the OP with this info.

Valla’s Bequest does not work with strafed generators. Yes, there are a few high 10k+ paragon clears on the Asia server, but testing with Iria during PTR and personal testing live patch, the weapon has no effect. Those clears had more to do with their gear/gems/augs and of course godlike paragon. They could have slotted anything there and got the same results.

2 Likes

COE is cool, but does nothing for Zdps. Still I’d be happy to have it.

Hey sorry my internet and TV went down tonight during our 130. We were way ahead on time, I just hope you guys realized I DCed and went on to beat it without me. It’s like 30 minutes later and it’s still down. On the forum on mobile.

yeah, we beat that one but couldn’t repeat the feat. Tomorrow we’re going to run some 129’s since on a few of the 130’s we were relatively close to finishing on time.

Unless you can run tomorrow, in which case, a zdps barb would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Ok, I must be doing something wrong, they have done 147 solo in asia … I wonder if there is any secret on how to play, or this player was very lucky and got some missile dampening and managed to melt everything.