In depth new DH set GoD6 analysis, tips and detailed setup options!

i dont understand why 2h crossbow isnt more popular, given that IAS doesnt really matter as long as you meet the breakpoints.

doesnt the raw dmg of crossbow outperform the other perks of a 1h crossbow or dual wield?

The main drawback is no useful legendary effect from 2h crossbows, even Buriza doesn’t do much. It also requires some specific IAS rolls and Enchantress instead of Templar if necessary.

That being said, I got a primal Manticore as my GR70 first primal so that’s what I’m gonna use for now.

1 Like

It also requires some specific IAS rolls and Enchantress instead of Templar if necessary.

i think ur mistaken. 2h crossbows doesnt really have much IAS requirements. even at 0 IAS, it shoots 10 FPA. which is near optimal.

but ya, i m using 2h crossbow right now. its not primal but i dont have any well rolled vallas or dawn.

and i dont understand why ppl use 1h crossbow with quiver. since i think 2hand crossbow with quiver should almost always outperform that.

Near optimal isn’t optimal in my book, that’s why I say it requires some specific IAS rolls.

You’re not at 9 FPA breakpoint btw. You need 37% IAS (without 7% on weapon), and you have 36% with no items on Enchantress so I assume you’re not using her.

Edit: nvm, I missed the 6% IAS on your Restraint. I would replace 7% IAS on Focus with CHD and use Enchantress if possible.

1 Like

I’m confused. GoD strafe projectiles are what do most of your damage. The rest of it is the primary you shoot to keep the momentum stacks up. GoD Strafe projectiles attack at the same speed regardles of your IAS, so why would you even need an IAS break point? I did some NS testing and noticed no affect when having no IAS on my gear and having IAS on my gear. Average clear speed on 95’s were still within +/- 10 seconds with 10 rifts completed with IAS and without IAS.

Strafe break points do effect the number of projectiles shot per second. Simply stacking IAS will not give you more projectiles unless you reach a break point threshold. Very detailed explanation here:

Valla's Bequest Interaction *SOLVED*

Simple visualization of what that looks like side by side you can find here:

GoD4: Interaction between Attack Speed and Primary Skill generation - YouTube

1 Like

So any AS outside the 1.50 - 1.66 bp range decreases our damage?

When excluding factors such as Valla’s and Rocket Storm, yes, you get less generator procs. Valla’s pierce effect, however, allows players to more consistently hit GoD4’s 9 frame ICD thus getting around the problem of higher APS.

I’m going to do another frame by frame analysis this evening while at 2.15 APS. I’m curious to see how many generators per second I can get while strafe weaving.

With the standard 9 frame strafe, I get 6.2-7 generators per second. It will be interesting to see if I can get higher than that.

My plan is to use Valla’s + Duffel with Leonine in cube to pull a big group of mobs and strafe weave around them while recording.

6 Likes

New video from Wudijo on this topic. The general guidelines are very similar to this post, but he has some rough numbers on the benefits of some effects in actual Greater Rift environments derived from a video analysis of Wraps of Clarity refresh rates:

Valla’s Bequest: roughly 20% dps increase.

Buriza pierce: roughly 5-10% dps increase

Reaching a better attack speed breakpoint (presumably he means going 10-9 and 7-6): roughly 5% dps increase.

Rocket Storm: 2-5% dps increase.

I haven’t tried any even very casual pushing yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if at low paragon/(if I’m being honest) lower skill, the extra shield from Ballista is more valuable than the 20% damage increase from Valla’s.

2 Likes

Lower paragon means less time to play the game and/or likes to play solo so doesn’t get group exp. Hardly equates to low skill.

I can only speak for myself, but so far I’ve found Bladed Armor or Boar to be sufficient toughness to allow me to use Valla’s without dying. I’ve cleared up to 105 with ~600 paragon and gems that still need a lot of leveling.

Edit:

Unless I misheard, he actually said Buriza is probably better than Valla’s. The 5-10% dps is over another 2H crossbow with no useful affix.

Sorry, I was speaking for myself, didn’t meant to insult anyone else!

1 Like

Ya, I can’t plan for hrs at a time, so i dont even do seasons. i ddi clear 128. i dont think anyone else close by except 1, everyone else 3500+.

i suck at it too… dh that is…

Casually did a 100 this morning at 650 paragon in 5 minutes. This build is nuts.

You can get almost the same effect of dual wielding Dawn and Ballista with Dawn and Shield.

I’m not sure how all the math works, but a shield can roll 11% Elite damage reduction on it. So if your Chest Piece also has 11% Elite Damage reduction it comes out to 20.79% Elite damage reduction.

Then you also get the extra armor from the shield which gets boosted by FoK Bladed Armor, throw in the Perfectionist Passive which throws another 10% onto that.

So then, I think it comes down to which is better, the extra 130% crit damage, or meeting the magic breakpoint for the extra attack. That’s the part I’m not sure about.

question for all:

If your Valla’s rolled very high AD and CDR. Is it best to roll 10% ED or 8% elite damage at 2.16 AS breakpoint

I would say maybe 8% elite damage is better if you’re dual wielding and 10% damage is of course better if you’re using a quiver.

1 Like

ty. my thinking same but was not sure. i am using buriza for now. we’ll see…

after doing over 250 speed-gr105s (< 2mins) in the last two days, I believe this theorycrafing is all non-sense and this build just has a VERY high RNG, nothing more

2 Likes

What is going on with Numbing Traps vs Cull the weak?

There is info on D3 wiki that cold damage apply slow and we use HA rune that does cold damage.

the problem is it does proc Numbing traps but does not proc cull the weak

cull the weak is proc’ed from your follower or if you have rolled crowd control on your gear