Improve Funerary Pick for Blood Nova builds

Blood Nova is not one of the best Necro builds by far but it is very funny to play with. But it’s main issue is relaying on Scythe of the Cycle for damage increase because that way we have to avoid attack speed and focus in CDR. A welcome change would be adding +400% to Funerary Pick while casting Siphon Blood then it would replace Scythe of the Cycle and allows us to focus in attack speed. The improvement wouldn’t be that big but still valuable.

Another good change would be adding Siphon Blood to the list of affected skills by Channeling Mantle.

2 Likes

Id take an extra multiplier with that. HA! My build would love it. Mantle that is.

Since Siphon Blood has been added to Mantel, could we also have the 6pc Trag set bonus buff Siphon as well for some ST damage for non-LoD Blood Nova builds?

MoC is a global multiplier once you satisfy its proc condition. Next patch, all damages will proc when you channel for more than 1 sec with MoC on, including Blood Nova proc. You do not really need to add Siphon Blood to Trag as this is an utility skill, the real damage is Blood Nova which is buffed by Trag. Similar to how channeling Meteor from wiz classes, what channeling skill/its damages do not matter, you LF the best utility.

I’m under the impression that Blood Nova is still not very good for ST/RG damage. Since Blood Nova is a psuedo generator build I’m suggesting SB get added on to the 6pc bonus, but maybe it needs a greater multiplier to function as an RG killer?

2 Likes

Channeling skills are never good stricken skills. They stack it alot slower. Adding it to trag won’t solve the issue of slow rgk. You need another blood type skill focus more on single target for rg.

The build will be gone anyways, we wont be able to have the weapons in the cube anymore.

A more holistic change to funerary pick would be to give it some way of being a skill you could channel on more monsters for more DR while other skills like blood nova are being triggered, hopefully with increased or escalating damage over time - possibly based on your amount of life stolen or taken in over time? The idea would be you sit in a group of mobs, cast siphon blood, which hits more that two stupid targets, and your healing amount procs more damage on blood nova. this fits with a theme of the necro, and works well with the trag set.