IMPORTANT: Speedfarm map pool improvement

We all know what I am going to suggest.

If you don’t, read on. Otherwise just upvote :slight_smile:

There are a couple of maps that are incredibly unfavorable and unpleasant, compared to all others, when it comes to speedfarming.

Note: GR and RR speedfarming has different drawbacks.

RR SF:

• Shrouded Moors open map - problems are literally NO density for screens at a time. Sometimes some density, but NO elites in the WHOLE instance. Should be removed from pool (easier) or significantly increase density and elite spawn rate (better!).
  • Cave style maps in general - same problem as above, BUT removal would be counterproductive, so just significantly increase density and elite spawn rate.

GR SF:

• Temple of the Firstborn cave map - problems are again abysmal density and/or NO elites for the instance. Remove (easier) or significantly increase density and elite spawn rate (better!).

I really REALLY hope we get these very VERY simple improvements in the 2.6.6 update.

It would be fantastic!

P.S. I have a feeling I am missing something, so feel free to add maps for improvement below! I will add to OP.

19 Likes

do you want them to make sure all the Pylons are between 3 or 4 packs with suitable elites?

maybe we could remove any Riff Gaurdians you don’t like, or even better select the one you want at the start?

Bump the thread up up

Shrouded Moors are a total pain when they came up in Rifts. 1-2 elite and a handfull of trash. This map really need a fix.

1 Like

why? not every map is supposed to be easy or the same. there should be more variety in the maps available, not less. why would you want to limit your experience like that

Maps were fine prior to the big change they received. Big open maps with high density is what makes ARPG games feel hack and slash. Running through box style maps like Corvus or keeps and slim caves does not belong in an action style based RPG game.

4 Likes

This map is great on GRs and the worst case on normal rifts. I don’t get the difference, please adjust the monster density in normal rifts. This map is near instant quit and makes no fun at all.

2 Likes

The Shrouded moors map being terrible in normal rifts is here since it was introduced.
Worse than cave maps despite being an open map…
I think this has something to do with the overload of obstacles in this area. Just remove it from rifts.

1 Like

I am exactly the same.

I always clear RRs to the end, but SM show up… instaquit

1 Like