Impale trash killer S25?

Great thread. I also echo Ronin’s sentiments on the auto cast. It was previously removed years ago due to “unengaging” gameplay, where the best way to play was to fish for corvus, plant sentries in the next room, shut the door then Netflix and chill. Leapfrog rinse and repeat. Considering that M6 multishot is the strongest variant, but also the most resource intensive variant, it may be that players will have to rely on autocast for consistency.

When I was playing M6 Multishot, I spend more time generating hatred than I did shooting multishot. While that’s ok for burst like skills (cluster arrow, fan of knives), multishot was obviously designed to be spammed, thus feels horrible for anything that isn’t an endless walk/coe setup that doesn’t rely on “spammage”. This ironically steps on UE’s identity while trying to create an identity for M6. As much as I like multishot, M6 needs to be a cluster arrow set, as it was designed to be. Buff cluster arrow, as well as elemental arrow/chakrams as fan favorites, even if the latter doesn’t end up becoming meta (CA should be).

Overpenetration will definitely be the better rune. Considering that 1 dagger hitting 3 targets still gives you 75,000%, a single dagger with overpenetration can hit more than 9 targets on it’s own. I don’t see ricochet being competitive outside of some solo speeds.

While the impale buffs certainly help the standard impale setup, survivability will be an issue (it already is currently) IMO this buff is more valuable to the ranged S6 build I was playing due to the scaling AD. This can be played like Multishot, while still jumping in occasionally to stuff 3 daggers to the face of an elite when the opportunity arises, providing flexibility and interesting decision making throughout the rift. I can understand S6 purist not being a fan of this though (much like I’m not a fan of multishot on M6).

I do think people are sleeping on the impale buffs though. I doubt M6’s power currently will make it through all of PTR, but we’ll see :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Let’s be ready to trade the devs the removal Multishot on the 4pc bonus for…

• 10% RCR per Sentry
  • 1100% on Augustine’s Panacea (250% for slow ball)
  • 6.2% per Hatred Point on Sword of Ill Will

I doubt we’ll need anything done to Cluster Arrow, but if we do they can start with the actual 4pc bonus (sorry N6M4)…

4 Likes

Yeah, upping Panacea and IllWill, I can see some Chakram/Elemental Arrow build in my head right now.

Dawn/Panacea/SoIW in the cube. That would be kinda cool. I think.

I thought OverPen was always the better rune for damage?

I only used the lightning rune in <GR100, as 1 shotting everything at that level was rough on the hatred…

It is for max Pain Enhancer stacks, though FoK and Vengeance and a properly setup follower can help in that department too.

This is the reason why I switched to Zei’s Stone of Vengeance originally only to find out it is giving me more damage also.

OMG…M6 with auto shooting sentry were among my first love.
The question is which rune now for M6? Exciting time ahead.

Most probably Multhishot because it has the best supporting legendry items.

Loaded for Bear is strongest, but try Maelstrom with the Ballistics passive, it has a good personality. I don’t think you’ll be able to squeeze in Frostburn without losing Zoey’s in the cube.

1 Like

That was always my personal favourite with Marauder’s. It looks super cool!

2 Likes

EA Frost arrow with AD anyone?

To me it seems that your ranged variant befits the DH roleplay much better, that of an agile assassin who needs to dodge attacks rather than facetank them. In this way the true purists should prefer this variant :smiley:

But yes the piercing buff definitely favors the ranged variant as it is already more focused on AoE and trashkilling compared to the melee variant. Hoping to see more people go ranged next season for this reason.

1 Like

Just did a few GRs on my S6 cold setup. I havent played it since like 2016 (or pre ptr) , so its been a while. I forgot how good some of my gear was on that toon… I know exactly where to steal items from on PTR now… :rofl:

Is M6 Impale with 5 sentries more DPS than S2/S6 with HPS? I think its 60k x 5 vs 75k(81k?) x 3? At higher APS, and full damage for all pierces?

EDIT: forgot S2

Nice.

I have a ready m6 grenades and n6m4 cold rockets build ready.

Shouldn’t take a lot of effort to convert.

How do you utilize ms properly as it requires yangs, dml, rucksack and dawn?

Or is dawn no longer required in this auto casting build ?

With Captain Crimson’s you can get the down time between Vengeance casts to a few seconds. It’s a bit glassy but doable for a skilled player.

I’d prefer to run with Dawn, but the meta Cluster Arrow will probably run with Odyssey’s over Dawn so either way, if you want to push with M6, you’re going to be pretty glassy.

1 Like

Dont sleep on the bola bow for grouping for sentries and AD.

Well, Odyessey, 1 proc ES rune and an Ess of Johan and Strongarms might be a nice debuff stack…

I wasn’t impressed with S6 Impale Ricochet, seems like 3GRs. I have to make a quiver and try Overpenetration.

3 Likes

New Soul Shards are a big amplifier for S6. Only p145 in season, but can run T16 rifts in under 4 mins with 0 ancients and BoP.

Trying to get to the GR70 primal drop today.