Immune Monsters Classic vs. LoD

You know how in Hell in LoD you can run into mobs of monsters that are immune to whatever? Does the same hold true for Classic? It’s been so long since I’ve been to Hell in Classic.

Yes it’s the same and sadly in Classic you have less tricks to deal with them.

I create wind-druid and at first location meet the boss immune to physical and cold…
I found on forums what in LOD is only pal vengeance can kill any immune combination. And i think its Necr with mixed skeletons.
Is any other build exist for guaranteed killer?

Fire drops Immune to Physical very quickly, Fissure or fire claws works good on them. but to really down them fast, make rune word Lawbringer. It’s fairly cheap needing only Amn Lem Ko in a sword, hammer (not mace) or scepter.

Every character class has skills that are meant to kill Immune to Physical.

Are there wands with Amplify damage charges? If so the get one of those and keep it in your weapon switch and throw it on the physical immune monster.

It should remove most of the physical immunities.

I remeber having a lower resist curse wand on my sorc once.

No, but i sure wish there was. The only Amp charges are 3 on The Gavel of Pain. There are 2 unique items that proc Amp and another that procs Decrepify, which also removes IP. There are also rare and magic items that proc Amp.

Ahh kinda had a memory that Amp wasn’t in wand charges.

There is some 2h unique Axe IIRC that has Decrepify charges…

Steelspell…

classic is not the original classic 2000 you use to play before lod is release , is only a downgrade of lod 1,14 , so monster working the same

classic monsters will have lower hp, lower damage etc…

there are a few ways around problems in LoD, dealing with immunes

physical immunes:
Lawbringer/reaper’s toll (decrepefy on strike) on yourself or an a5/a2 merc
amplified damage (wildwitch string, atma’s scarab) etc
Passion for berserk
elemental dmg (demon’s arch,baranar’s.gimmers etc)
witchwild string/widowmaker normal attacks (as the fire “magic arrow” which has magic damage
wands with lower resist charges

if we’re talking undead physical immunes: lawbringer/azure because of sanctuary aura, which makes you ignore undead physical resistance

and then you have things like skilling your character to have a viable 2nd element
as seen, for example in dual element sorcs, or barbarians using phys dam and berserk or say a melee paladin using vengeance or conv+zeal with eledam
yadda yadda yadda