Immortal King's set for BARBs PTR

Developers,

To make this short and sweet, please grant a damage reduction to the Immortal King’s set, either the second tier or on the third tier (6pc).

IK is in no way able to compete with Wastes.
That said. I don’t want the common overused solution - more damage.
IK needs survival , more survival, for greater rifts pushing.
The players can try to come up with damage in a lot more ways than they can up with defense and damg to balance for the push.

You’re kidding. You already have incoming damage mitigated by Band of Might and shared between the hero and the three ancients from Call of the Ancients. IK/HOTA needs more damage way more than it needs more mitigation. Heck, especially in S22 when you could just throw in the Aquila Cuirass into the 4th Cube slot.

3 Likes

while more survivability is always nice, the only thing ik really needs is either raw dmg - a big buff - or maybe a rework.
a flat dmg buff on the 6pc is always risky and in many cases prevents interesting LoD builds.
i really hope the barb sets will be addressed in the near future, they all underperform with the exeption of wastes (and even that is a good 5 grs behind crusader/god dh/necro)

1 Like

I agree that IK damage buff, but for the sake of unused primary skills. Primary skill have no use the Barb’s repertoire of attacks (aside from Frenzy). Give IK a Primary skill to 6pc. HOTA can be buffed through support items.

Meteor,

Needs a damage reduction buff. ( I WON’T ARGUE VS MORE dmg).
Still needs dmg reduction buff.

I am not interested in playing HOTA.

I don’t want to use IK just for HOTA.

Needs a damage reduction into it.
We can play around for more damage ( especially paragon levels) , gems, 4th cube, and so on.

Wastes has a damage reduction, a really nice one into it. Wastes also has lots of damage into it

The Immortal King set deliberately doesn’t have a shoulder piece so that you can use the Fury of the Ancients shoulders and you rune Call of the Ancients with Together As One which means 50% of the damage to your hero goes to the ancients instead. Wastes has 50% mitigation (from set). So, they both have the same mitigation.

1 Like

i think you’re too young to remember IK set bonuses because it has good damage reduction and no damage.

I’d like the 2 piece set bonus also include
“Can dual wield a second 2hander in your offhand.”

And the IK Boulder Breaker to include a bonus that says
“Gain 400% damage when dual wielding.”

Fix that for you Naysayer. Maybe then it would be competitive.

1 Like

Just change the 6p to like 10000% and you’re golden

So, you could dual-wield…
Main hand = Immortal King’s Boulder Breaker
Off-hand = The Furnace

That’s a 400% damage bonus against all mobs, i.e. a 5 times damage multiplier, from the IKBB.
An additional 50% damage bonus against elites, i.e. a 1.5 times damage multiplier.
Combined versus elites = 5 * 1.5 = 7.5 multiplier.

Why would you use the IKBB though?
Put a RoRG in Cube slot 4 and wear two pieces of Aughild’s (e.g. helm + chest)
That’s another 30% damage versus all mobs, and another 30% damage versus elites.

So…
That’s 5 * 1.3 = 6.5 multiplier versus all mobs.
That’s 5 * 1.5 * 1.3 = 9.75 multiplier versus elites.

Then we’ve got a 10,000% on the six piece, so a 101 times multiplier.

So…
That’s 5 * 1.3 * 101 = 656.6 multiplier versus all mobs.
That’s 5 * 1.5 * 1.3 * 101 = 984.75 multiplier versus elites.

But, wait, elites are also mobs so…
656.5 * 984.75 = 646,488.375 multiplier versus elites

Now here’s the interesting suggestion…
Don’t use it with HOTA, use it with WW/Rend. Ambo’s and Lamentation in the Cube.

You’d have BoM for 80% mitigation, along with the ancients for another 50%.
You’d never run out of Fury because of the Ancients, so no Wind Shear needed.
You’d need little to no CDR rolls (due to spending fury constantly with WW, the IK bonuses take care of keeping up WOTB 100%) so could re-purpose those to AD.

I just came up with this off the top of my head in about 10 minutes but as you’re apparently a world class theory-crafter, can you spot why this might be somewhat overpowered, especially as all the damage abilities are calculated from weapon damage, and two-handers have a much higher range than one-handers do?

1 Like

Too young…

Only been playing the game since 2014.

METEOR , your suggestion on dual wielding is great

I am tired of relegating so many sets to only one type of build.
That gets old.
Diversity is a great spice to indulge in

Damage reduction from CoA is not enough for greater RIFT pushing.

I am not asking for changes to any rings

I am calling for damage reduction IN THE IK set proper.

I am , again, not going to complain against further dmg buff.

Dmg mitigation is the way to go for Greater Rifts pushing.

We can always find more options for dmg, but dmg reduction is a bit harder .

finally, a decent barb set, right? Maybe barbs can be more then just support flunkies.

No, because it would out-Rend Wastes, i.e. the set specifically intended for WW/Rend.

3 Likes

dont you need WotW 2p for good rend?

this is looking so good barb really needs something like this

i literally have the best suggestions.

This would be amazing for dual 2hand Frenzy too. Would actually make Barb competitive with other dps classes again.

The request is for IK to include a damage reduction in the set.

Any other requests for damage are also welcome.

IK does not have an inherent dmg reduction.

Stacking dmg reduction with CoA is nice, and stacking it with WoTB is also nice.
DMG reduction and dmg increase are two staple things for greater rifts pushing.

I am glad you guys are making ADDITIONAL suggestions for dmg.

As long as that is also added to dmg reduction then I support that.

it would definitely be fair and certainly be easy to give IK the same treatment as Masquerade has with Simulacrums.

While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%. Damage you take is split with your Simulacrums as well.

While Call of the Ancients is active, damage is reduced by 50%.

2-piece bonus on Wastes gives a 500% bonus to Rend, i.e. a 6 times multiplier, which you’d lose.

However, your suggestion was that dual-wielding using the IK set would give a 400% damage bonus, i.e. a 5 times multiplier.

You then have to factor in the fact that you’re using two-handed weapons rather than one-handers, and they have a higher damage range, which your abilities are a multiplier of. For example…

3010.1 (primal one-hander with 10% weapon damage)
4395.9 (primal two-hander with 10% weapon damage)

So, the two-handers are a 4395.9/3010.1 = 1.46 more damage, i.e. a 1.46 multiplier.

So…
Wastes gives you a 6 times multiplier to Rend
IK (as suggested by you) gives you 5 * 1.46 = 7.3 times multiplier to everything.

I thought you said you were good at this theory-crafting stuff?

1 Like

I think it’s actually even worst than that, since the 3010.1 DPS comes from 1990-2641 x 1.3 APS and the two-hand is 3665-4327 x 1.1 APS.

So the two-hander is 3996/2315.5 = 1.73 multiplier, since Rend doesn’t care about IAS

outside of giving ik much more dmg, there also should be an option to play it for a pet build:
like 4pc: also grant 500% dmg to ancients for every ancient alive
6pc to maybe 10000%
ik boulderbreaker to 500%
new item, maybe weapon for cube increasing amount of ancients and also buffing ancient dmg by the right amount (testing…)

while i liked the idea of using other primary skills, it would be better for those using either the savage set slightly reworked or maybe even better LoD (with the right new/buffed items)