Imagining such a trading system

I am NOT talking about D2R.

I just suddenly have an idea about trading and want to see your opinions. There may be serious loophole in my thought, so it is just a discussion.

1. All trading have to happen in Auction house anonymously, with no processing fee.
  2. All trading have to start with a bid, and has expiration time >=2 hours. Whoever bids highest wins.
  3. You get special trading coin from selling and you can use trading coin to purchase.
  4. You can purchase trading coin from Blizzard with real money, but you can only sell up to the real money you put in to Blizzard to cover the cost.

Benefit:

1. If you don’t spend any real money, you can trade and get roughly equal value items.
  2. Bot will come up with a ton of trading coin and that is useless for bot, so there is less motivation for bot to appear.

Edit 1: There is no Diablo Immortal forum. There is no Diablo IV forum. The only forum which have trading is D2R. My post will be smashed to ground in 1 second if I post in Diablo 3 forum.

Any trading system in this game doesn’t need to involve money. If there is money involved, it will drive the incentive for loopholes to be found and exploited.

Besides, I believe there was a law passed shortly after the demise of D3’s RMAH which requires a company running a game trading platform to pay taxes on any money involved, which I’m sure they don’t want to do the books on.

1 Like

I honestly think if they can handle the duping problem, all we need is a good, easy to use trading forum/post…nothing too fancy. If not, you know where everyone will continue to trade.

1 Like

I don’t like the sound of an “Auction House” at all.

But I’m open to the idea of there being a better way to facilitate in-game trading other than hundreds of people making “ISO JAH RUNE SCRIPT” or w/e arbitrary naming scheme people use for game names.

Maybe something like a trade post, where you put some item for trade in it, and people can offer on it, or let the poster define a desired item in exchange or whatever, something simple, and something that doesn’t involve RMT.

I’d rather not use a third party site to do trades like D2JSP, so to me personally this would be a welcome feature.

I am talking about future games. A game where we can keep most of trading features while keeping little incentive for bot. Selling items for real money is the top 1 incentive for botting.

We all know open trading will not be a thing for future Diablo games.

Ahh sorry, misinterpreted then, didn’t read the I am not talking about D2R bit, but I stand by what I said regarding D2:R nonetheless.

In the game chat channel add a tab called Arreat Summit

Why try to fix something that Isn’t broken?

Such a system is extremely easy to cheat:

• use bot and sell the items for “trading coins”
  • use another account to put recognizable garbage items into the auction house
  • start a bid-war with your own bot accounts and accumulate all the “trading coins” you made through botting on one account
1 Like

Not a good idea.
The point 3 creating Pay to Win condition. Those who spend the real Money are better off then those who doesn’t.

I refer the other person idea. A trading place that works similar to Pokémon home. Trading one item with another item and no currency of any kind.

Cool you want a different way of trading why post it in D2R if you are not talking about D2R ? This seems kinda of disingenious.

A trading mechanism like in wow would be nice to see in D4. Pay to win is the worst mechanic in the the universe for gameplay. You want to make it pay to get certain skins, non game affecting items then whatever. You have chosen in life to either sacrifice your time for money or time for happiness. Those are your choices. If you make tons of money you should be able to retire early and then play games 24/7.

You are the only one who seriously thinks and reply.

Yeah, this is a loophole that allows bot to sell trading coin.

There is no other place to post.

Ask them to create Diablo IV forum and Diablo Immortal forum!

Seems quite terrible

No thanks… Why complicate the living crap out of this? Thats why I hear AH failed in D3…

Keep it simple, and keep it in house.
Forum connected to your account so interested parties can bid or BIN(Buy it now) while you play, make a setting to get the notification in game…

You know what, Im gonna make a post about this instead of just posting in these threads

did u wakeup form a 5 years sleep ? this was diablo 3 action house. wakeup

1 Like