I'm having the best NCS RNG S24

Just landed my 5th primal NCS for the season. :rofl: Still haven’t landed an ancient+ usable at 2600 paragon. I’m not complaining and I know how RNG works, just thought I’d drop this here for your amusement.

Order of dropping:
1 2 3
4 5 Equipped.
https://i.postimg.cc/Kc6hVB9C/RNGLOL.png (not TL3 any more)

2 Likes

This just demonstrates why certain item types, offhands in particular, need removal of some affixes from the entire pool of possible affixes. Like the skill affixes, NCS for example is used only in HA builds so it’s pointless to have the possibility to roll with any other skill affixes. Being a generator it’s also pointless to have RCR in the affix pool.

Either that of just have more predetermined affixes in offhands.

While the selfish part of me wants that, the really bad RNG keeps me hungering(no pun intended) for that really incredible primal… like the Flavor of Time I got way back when LoD RF was the best DH build. Even if it’s now no more than follower fodder!

The affix that got me was the socket on a primal quiver. Of all the affixes, that one annoyed me. (Yes, now I’m complaining. Darn you, Kirottu! :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’m in two minds about RCR and GoD HA (what I’m playing) - useful for reducing the cost of Shadow Power so more uptime of the damage reduction. But I’m also not good enough to be able to manage my SP properly so RCR helps mask my ineptitude. :wink:

Even if they didn’t want to go that far, adding guaranteed crit would make a huge difference on NCS.

Then any NCS could have dex + crit + HA. You’d always be able to roll HA and still have crit. A lot of ‘almost good’ satchels are ruined by you needing to roll crit instead of something else. If crit was a guaranteed roll you could keep that elusive item hunt feel, but remove a layer of RNG.

Then you’d just have to worry about the affix roll (if non-primal) and getting something desirable like AD or CDR as the final stat. It will still be a bit tough (e.g. it’s still tough to roll a really good DML and that has guaranteed crit), but it’d be a lot easier than it is now.

Alternative could be just giving it a guaranteed 15% HA roll.

It’d be an easy band-aid fix.

2 Likes

Having more predetermined affixes on some items really would help a lot. Guaranteed crit chance on NCS would be nice.

DML is another good example, it would help immensely if it had guaranteed +discipline.

What a bummer that 5th one rolled with Bolas…it was that close to being perfect if it rolled HA.

1 Like

Holy Point Shot only being able to have +Impale skill would be handy too.

I actually have hole point shot that’s better than any NCS (if you cube it). I also have perf primal MS offhand that rolled 15 MS too…

and yes, By giving NCS base cc roll or HA (obv better) it would solve 99% of issues people are having. Same issue was for FoT, they could have solved it by giving CC or Socket by base mod, but they, I guess, i found a different solution by giving it to the Follower…

NCS is hardest item to roll right now.

What’s your HA increased damage % on your non-Ancient NCS?

I really should spend some mats rolling that 14% HA to 15% but I thought at the time that I was hanging out with Myriam (<1k paragon) that I’d soon have another, better one to replace it. :rofl:

Edit: Sorry Thanos, I didn’t see your question. My non-ancient quiver is 599%