Im embarrassed for vicarious and their D2R

massive edit
spaces for massive edit
its the 3 forums, posting anything not saying “i love d3” means hate response, so its pretty sad to see that on these forums, like its sooooo polarized. like redic hate loaded.

ok massive edit is
not once is a 3 forumer going “oh, yea ik i played 2 a lot, yea i see ur point” its allllllllllllll “ur a loser get out” its so redic and biased. its like this is why 3 loses respect bc the forumers who straight up just wont ever go “ya, i see, ya, agree” never if ur a critical poster of 3, or d2r.

you have to buy 2r to post on 2r forums.
you’re welcome,

what that means is, posting on 2r isn’t free, and 40 isn’t 0, and not everyone has 40 in the world we live in.

but wait im a bad guy right for saying 40 isn’t free.
or, the forums here don’t realize you need to buy, at this current post launch time, the game to post on 2r. fact not fiction.

take my word for it, or, any others who haven’t bought go post on 2r…you can’t till u buy it, and no doubt most this thread isn’t aware of this fact or else there’s no logic to asking why posting on 3 bc the logic is 2r post cost 40 bucks…and…who has a spare 40?

let alone, all the other conditions such as working internet working good pc/top like these things are not free, espc pc/top like ur looking at 800 min if you want a satisfactory screen not just some jank that ruins everything for framerates.

Talk about a missed opportunity while keeping the game true to the original…for what matters.

“for what matters”
so we all loved / still are madly in love with d2.
im in the latter camp obvi forever even 30 years from now.
That being said, there was a way to do this remake that caters to change and caters to the game’s core.

Like, for example,
you don’t have to copy over every single possible thing from d2 to 2r to be “true”.
for example,
D2 has some very, not-debatable, obvious, long time fan hating, by a vast majority, things about it that shouldn’t of been copied over.

No, its not auto gold or this D3 way of D2ing.

Look at what they did they left SPIRIT sword in the game?
Are you kidding me?

1. The imbalance between spellcasters and melee in D2, especially while leveling, is like mountains, and that runeword right there is like 1/2 of why.

2. They kept stealth and enigma in the game, 2 content skipper runewords bc they are way too undercosted for their power, like spirit.

3. They let ppl import old D2 chars to 2r?

This is absolutely redic, like, talk about a missed opportunity here.
A missed op to have something NEW about D2 going on, like a massive collective “everyone starts at level 0 w nothing…ok streamers and your clubs of other streamers w all the time and fast tech in the world to min max the game for a world 1st vid…go nuts!” And, for the rest of us who just like playing a new game when nobody has anything big and that group feeling we are all starting together.

By having chars imported from d2 its like…mind boggling.
Soooo, people can clear d2r in 2 seconds with their old chars from 2…so now there’s crickets when its “ok everyone get ready for a restart together?”

Idk vicarious.
plus, those river of flame…flames…are wayyyy to bright.
idk fallen in A1 move around all slow and hoppy…the brightness style vicarious brought to d2 is not welcome its JUST like tony hawk remake they like do a fantastic job then ruin it by having these bright, bright, bright, areas on each map like its beyond distracting.

Anyway, more of a missed op besides banning the top 3 cheesed runewords spirit stealth enigma would of been to seriously write a balance patch on underpowered endgame skills. this would not be true to original but who would complain about very slow clear speed skills now being faster?

i heard they took out hostile and if that is true like my gosh that is not even d2 then bc the feeling of someone hostiling you isnt there anymore. Chars move all d3 with slow hopping instead of a fast walk…the brightness level is so high on the blue waypoint flames im like wanting to x out instead of play the game…showing off if its unappealing isn’t a cool thing to do vv.

they could of also like just added an inferno difficulty with super anti-spell AI so the balance is in check just for that difficulty.

Could of also added like idk even just 2 runewords something high end for the community to hunt for, but since they let all the d2 chars over everyone has max power on second 1 its like this is a humongous blunder.

Thanks Vicarious for playing with an old game and doing it wrong and saying you did it true. Its not at all what this could of been. Nobody’s like on the same page, its all a mess, mostly bc that d2 char carry over decision you made. And, keeping spirit so if you don’t import then you just make stealth/spirit and cruise the game.

Nobody who is true to d2 likes spirit,
bears repeating
Nobody who is true to d2 likes spirit,
Like, its not that hard to know this, just ask the community. Everyone would of told you if you didn’t make us pre order to post on the 2r forums too.

Sorry for speaking truth someone had to. Yes, IK this is 3 forums but i dont have 40 bucks for the game at the moment let alone a working graphics card, not everyone has money for these definitely real price tag items ppl take for granted as like oxygen or something like they’re free.

From a long time d2 fan, and im not the only one out there,

u messed this up vicarious, badly, politely.
Im embarrassed about this, anyone else would of done this a lot better and made it exciting which this whole release is severely lacking because of above (and more).
Server issues day 1 have absolutely nothing to do with this untrue way of representing d2 in 2021, there were obvious changes to the game to be made, and obvious things to not change that you did, its all done wrong. the server probs are just random headaches on top of the messed up game those alone are not the problem at all.

blizz you couldnt of slowed down and waited a year just gathering community opinion on what to change what not to? Like, this game was so quick and done and this is what happens when you blaze a development, just like 3, like you have to slow down and do things right hopefully you’ll undo a lot of these poor choices with d2r in the next year.

Why would you be embarrassed about something that has nothing to do with you?

3 Likes

its my fav game all time, so im embarrassed that the game is cast in this awful subjective light by new blizz and vicarious instead of the community of long time fans and old devs.

make sense?
i recognize your sn as a d3er.

Not even a little. It’s their game, they can do whatever they want with it, if you agree you buy it, if you don’t you don’t. End of story.

And for the record, I started my Diablo career with Diablo. D3 is the one I have most hours in though, since that actually has an endgame.

9 Likes

You can import old D2 characters, but that is single player offline only. It has absolutely no impact on any other player. Seriously, did you even try the game?

thanks for the fine detail
single player only, still, its completely skipping the game for solo play which is d2’s strong point, obviously.

no, i have not played this game bc in my post i wrote about not havign 40 and working g card, which money isn’t free, did you read my post to see that fine detail of mine? i read your fine detail you can’t read mine?

No one is forcing you to load your old save game file. You can start fresh if you want. Geez. Why are you even talking about this? Especially on this site, which is for D3.

4 Likes

Don’t know if you’ve seen the big notices at the top of the forum… you should post your wall of text over here:
:point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

6 Likes

So you are venting about D2R on the D3 forum and you have not even played D2R?

Do you really think the VV (D2R) developers are reading comments on the D3 forum.

6 Likes

Me too. However, for different reasons than the ones you listed… few at the top of my head:
lack of quality of life and accessibility features like modern interface with an action bar;
people’s inability to play due to their characters getting locked, nonsense that dates back to closed beta;
characters getting rolled back, nonsense that dates back to closed beta;
ridiculous loading times, which the original game did not have;
the new character models are not faithful recreations of the original models…

The game could also have used some endgame…

I am embarrassed for your post as well. The things you’ve decided to complain about are ridiculous.

No. It’s just that the casters have inherent damage and melee builds are heavily based on gear, weapon and attack rating.
With or without the existence of the spirit rune word, this would still be the case.

D2 is almost like a building a deck of cards… characters, that serve specific purposes…
and typically you start building said deck with MF casters, usually a sorc.
It has always been like that.

Why would it bother you, that people can convert their single player save files? How do people enjoying themselves by playing their single player characters negatively affects you? Especially with all the problems over battle net?

3 Likes

1st: it’s “I am” or “I’m”.

2nd: I’m embarassed for you…

You should post this at D2R forum as D2 threads are no longer allowed to be posted at here.

2 Likes

gotta buy the game for that, u have 40 to lend?
yea, i know, thanks for pointing out the cost associated with your suggestion.
i did it for you.

Not our fault you’re too cheap to buy it, D2R forum is thataway.

Flagged.

So why are insulting me regarding “spirit”? You said “nobody.” D2 runewords and cube recipes were just fine years ago. I hadn’t heard anyone complaining except for ladder specific. I played classic, LoD, hardcore, softcore. Suggest using notepad to gather your thoughts before posting.

1 Like

No, posting stuff about D2R on the D3 forums means people tell you to use the D2R forums.
That’s not hate, that’s just exasperation that you’re spamming the wrong forum.

3 Likes

Oh so you expected to be able to post on D2R forums for free. Tell me how many game forums that are buy to play allow players to post on their forums without buying the game, without getting a game account.

I see you not only expected D2R forums to be free. But also wanted Blizz to give you a free PC and free game. I don’t think that will ever happen. Oh and btw, Blizz North didn’t give us D2 for free or a free PC either.

Won’t say anything about 3 but these two I will. D2R wasn’t promised to be a game where VV would try to give balance to D2. No, that would go against being true to the original D2 experience. That is part of the fun, not every build is able to run ubers or be a speedy farmer for loot. Kind of like how D3 builds are.

What did VV have to make D2R so dark that you would need a torch in one hand just to find Deckard Cain. Even though he might be right in front of your nose.

Again VV didn’t make D2R to be a game where they would try to perfect balance everything. Also there is a problem when trying to make the earlier skills stronger. You have the danger of making them way OP’d. The only way around it is to go the D2 Median XL Route. But still there is a problem while they will be more useful in the early game. They will feel like they are getting weaker in the late game.

No they didn’t remove it or make it optional. That wouldn’t make it true to the original.

This is D2R not D3 so no way on extra difficulty. There are ubers that you can try, but alas not all builds can do them.

Look D2R wasn’t gonna be a remake where it was made for you personally.

1 Like

Exactly that.

It’s not ladder play. It doesn’t matter. I doubt you played D2 online or any aware what’s allowed in D2R and what’s not. Why even urged to vent about this?

If you have an offline character and played Diablo 2 for long hours, you would hop on that train yourself but instead you’re here complaining about a game you pretend to play just for the gig of it… By posting on the wrong forum to stir up responses.

Restricting a single runeword doesn’t tip any sort of balance. This whole post has to be satire.

1 Like

sounds like you are just salty to miss out on this great game lol, sucks to be poor i guess

If he’s that poor and he doesn’t care about playing over battle net, he can always take the alternative route:
xxhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOqxarVWKRs

1 Like