IF you Implement MTX , don't sell Stash Tabs!

This will be a problem if they do it, if they implement MTX… they have to be COSMETICS only ! (stash size is not a cosmetic feature , it’s basically a pay2progress better and faster feature…)

Give us a huge stash size/many stash tabs from the beginning, so we don’t have to worry about that element !

Stash Tabs are an important element in aRPGs which really affects your gameplay by a lot ! (they should NOT be part of MTX ! Keep any MTX as cosmetics only)

This was also the only problem i had with PoE , they had cosmetics only MTX and then they implemented Stash Tabs as well (cause with the 4 stash tabs the game gives you, you can’t do nothing (i wish they gave us a few more free)… But despite that, PoE is a F2P game , so i don’t really “bash” them for doing that and it’s a pretty good game for F2P (cause we know how most F2P games are…)

Diablo 4 will be B2P which we will already pay an amount of money at the begin ! SO if they decide to put MTX (which i don’t support) they have to be COSMETICS ONLY !

6 Likes

Or you can stop hoarding trash you’ll never use. Then you’ll never have storage issues.

13 Likes

You might have never played Diablo 2 or PoE , so i don’t blame you for your
lack of knowledge for the genre… (because you would know that most people had problems with the d2 stash size…since you have a d2 profile pic)

or you might have played Diablo 2 with PlugY (infinite stash size)

and based from your reply, you basically support stash tabs MTX instead of having them free from the beginning…

2 Likes

You know what kind of games have limited stash spaces? Games that have trading.

Here’s just a few games that I played and stopped because of this: GW2, ESO. I could never get into PoE, so I can’t talk for that one. But GW2 and ESO are pretty heavy with their stash limitations especially when they add so many different materials and other items that you have to collect to better progress or make gold to use for other activities.

Economy and trading promotes “hoarding”, thus people want more stash space. This gives developers and easy way to monetize this.

So, I’m afraid we can’t have good economy system with trading, if we want the ability to collect a lot of stuff without emptying our wallets. Such is the nature of MTX.
I am more worried about flashy and annoying cosmetics, however. One of PoE’s sins for me is their cosmetics and their flashy animations. For a game that is acclaimed for bringing D2 feel and darkness to players, it sure doesn’t seem like it to me.

They won’t sell these MTX. Only thing they’ll sell is cosmetics, just like in WoW. There’s plenty of money in cosmetics, and D4 won’t be F2P anyway. So, there’s no reason to sell mechanical things with game play effect via MTX.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see peoples char and mount customisations. I really hope it’s rarer than rare to see anyone customised the same as yourself.

1 Like

In the case that they do sell stash tabs, I only request that you can earn some stash tab for free via gameplay, and that the amount of stash space that you start off with is substantial.

2 Likes

I hope you’re right !

because in PoE, stash tabs sell like crazy ! But again PoE is f2p…(even tho i would prefer if they would only sell cosmetics instead of stash tabs…and gave us a good amount of stash tabs from the beginning (4 stash tabs are way to limited in PoE with all that currency)

either way it will be really bad if they sell stash tabs as MTX in D4…

Grim Dawn did good with stash in town and on character.

In town you had to use the in game currency to get more tabs, Iron Bits instead of Gold.

As you progress further in the story, you would unlock additional stash on character.

If D4 did something similar, then that would work.

2 Likes

yeah don’t make that terrible mistake like the other popular arpg out there…

Microtransaction visuals are fine but not when you pay for more space when in arpgs gathering riches or loot is part of the gameplay.

3 Likes

Assuming they really are making “Hundreds of Legendaries” in Diablo 4, If they are available at launch you would assume it would be pretty big, well lets hope so :smiley:

How would you feel about the cash store currency being earnable in game and being able to buy stash tabs? OR being able to earn them in game another way,

Perhaps upgrading your chest by collecting materials (As silly as that might sound?) Can kind of make sense though.

I suspect the first thing you’ll see in shop will be mounts.

1 Like

Yup, mounts and OMGwingzzzz!

1 Like

There’s a difference between earning them in game, and paying cash bux for them.

Stash space is an absolute advantage to players, not just lazy hoarders, but all players. Stash tabs are already “bought” with gold in D3, if they want to continue with an in game currency for stash tabs, that’s fine too.

But selling them for cash money, that’s right out.

2 Likes

Not sure if there is one in Diablo 3 that i know of, But i would really like some capes/cloaks for back appearance.
Pretty sure Capes and Cloaks would fit riight into the world of sanctuary.
Many people had cloaks back in medi evil times right?
I do like wings, Played a game called Mu Online my whole life and they have some awesome ones even the basic ones look great.
Andariel Wings are my fav from D3

Tabards could be cool too.

1 Like

Exactly dude, it’s F2P. If you played enough to need more stash tabs just pay them the $20 and don’t complain; that sounds like a tremendous value to get so much out of a free game. Wow.

If Blizz implemented pay stash tabs that would be hilarious. Can you imagine the backlash and complaining after people pay $60-40 for the game. It’s actually hilarious to imagine.

1 Like

I have no doubt extra stash tabs will eventually be for sale. If you doubt this…I really don’t know what to tell you.

This is how games are profitable nowaways, and I’m sure Blizzard knows it.

3 Likes

I think the amount of tabs we’re given in D3 is pretty good.

Obviously it took them some time to get to the point we had this many tabs and it’s a lot more reasonable now that crafting items go into a magic place.

I’m not against them offering extra tabs as mtx providing the base amount we get is very good AND they don’t do the PoE thing where they intentionally release new mechanics that use up item space in order to put more strain on stash space.

The stash should serve to share items between our characters and store items we want to use later or for another build.

I think they should baseline make available two tabs per character class + two tabs extra. Each time they add a new class the tabs should be expanded by two.

The average player shouldn’t feel pressured for space, the only people who should want to buy the tabs are the collectors/completionists who like to get one of every item,etc.

2 Likes

Completely agree.

Not being able to save a setup for every set in the game doesn’t make it bad or unreasonable if they ask money for the ability to do so. Especially if you take into account that it is not uncommon for people to have way more space dedicated to gems and legendary gems than they really need (different quality gems instead of all at one level and loads of copies of one legendary level 0 gem).

Highly doubt it. Blizz had plenty of controversy over the times, but in my perspective, Blizz had never crossed that line of implementing stuff that affects game play behind paywall/mtx (yes, stash tabs do affect game play in a way. not kill time wise, but in other ways). It was all cosmetic stuff.

They do. And that is why D4 more likely will have mtx in it. And I’ll welcome it as long as it’s only cosmetic. Both Blizz and majority of players can be happy that way; Blizz makes money, nothing behind paywall that affects game play.