If you could add a new class to D3, which one would you?

Alice Cooper’s (Vincent Furnier is Alice’s real name) father was a minister. He’s probably more religious than he gets credit for. But yeah. Alice would be the perfect dark fantasy RPG Bard.

1 Like

What if Alice Cooper was the summoner in D4, holy cow. That would have been classic.

Diablo get your brothers and start running, Alice is coming for you, and he is not in a good mood.

1 Like

I did fantasize once about a Bard class, with its main stat being Vitality, and focused on utility, damage amplification and aoe buffs, but then realize it’s hard to design a Support oriented class for a game with partial focus on solo grinding, so I relegated the idea to a 4th follower (i’m not good at designing things :frowning:)

Yes he is and his father got a lot of :poop: for his sons acts but always stuck by his sons side. Was a very good story, “Alice” did have his demons for many years though until he settled down finally. He was a person who literally got into his character “Alice”.

Mind Control was one of the themes that I thought would be good for a Psion, but also Time Manipulation Abilities and skills that warp Time and Space. Another theme would be Energy.

I basically would put Skills like

• Slow Time
  • Black Hole
  • Disintegrate
  • Archon

…exclusively on the Psion (and not on other Sorcerer Subclasses) and also give the Psion some new skills, eg.:

• Telekinesis
  • Time Stop
  • Phase Shift (allows you to walk through enemies and obstacles unhindered)
  • Mind Control / Charm

An Arcanist would have Skills like

• Hydra
  • Firewall

…that are exclusive for this subclass, while Skills like Fireball, Nova or Magic Missiles would be available for all subclasses.

1 Like

I’d say Lemmy. Bring a few bottles of Jack, drink Diablo into submission, and then drug him to hell.

1 Like

Druid just to try something new, then Assassin. If we are going from the existing classes.

1 Like

I would add a luck based class. First 2 piece set bonus is minus 999999999% RNG.

I would have gave anything to have the ‘‘Arcane Archer’’ as a Rogue or Amazon, thanks for posting

1 Like

You might get something in D4. We shall see.

Update from Rhykker, the hunter could just be an NPC.

2 Likes

Werewolf & Vampire would be cool

Kinda straight copied from PoE lol.
Its cool tho.
They should have added this since D3 vanilla and implement in a similar way for character progression on D4 like Grim Dawn also allows to have 2 classes in one char.

1 Like

So kinda like Class Specs in WoW, which is cool, but i do prefer each class being it’s own thing, although there are effective splits in D3 already (sets)

The subclass idea is more inspired by DnD.

Actually the idea came into my mind when I was working on my own project, trying to create distinctions between classes like the Monk and the Assassin, and especially the Sorcerer and the Psion, to give them more of a distinct, individual identity, but their skills, their passives, etc were just too similar and/or there was just too much overlap.

And then, one day I had the idea to let them simply be subclasses of the same main class and then everything came together.

My idea was that you choose your subclass during the character creation, to avoid some lore gaps, like why does your knight suddenly becomes a Death Knight, or a Crusader, which are basically to opposite things.

1 Like

I would add an Alchemist/Tinkerer class, using firearms as weapons (pistols, muskets, arquebuses etc), dexterity based.

I know some people wouldn’t like firearms in the game but i don’t understand the reason. In many, many fantasy universes some types of early firearms exist, typically used by Dwarven races etc. I don’t think it would be really strange in the Diablo universe, to have a nation of people with access to early firearms and make a class out of it, creating various trinkets/automatons as abilities, plus poisons and grenades. It would be fun.

1 Like

Yeah I was also thinking tinkerer/engineer class is currently missing. Eventually they’d have the ability to run around in a giant mech/body armor or be armed with satellites or something crazy.

A weird idea is a trainer, or some kind of class that can use skills/sets from all the other classes and come up with terrible or great combinations.

1 Like

The Demon Hunter does mention some access to engineering to some extent, specially for traps and turrets.

Final Fantasy XII has a great combo of medieval fantasy and early technology, with muskets and guns being in the arsenal alongside bows and daggers.

I’d love a Gunner/Marksman/Engineer/Machinist class for sure.

1 Like

As Cinnabar mentioned, some Engineer-like Skills are already on the Demon Hunter.

Maybe there could be a Engineer / Saboteur Subclass for the Ranger, while the Demon Hunter is another subclass.

A Saboteure / Engineer could also heavily revolve around the element of Fire, like this guy here:

Imgur

2 Likes