If u could, would u erase D3 from Franchise official canon?

Cain, a member of the Horadrim not dieing by the hands of a demon, or a servant, would not fit the story. Cain was already like a million years old. He would have died eventualy.

1 Like

Fixed that for you mate, no problem, much luv despite difference

The old phart could barely walk, not fight a demon. Cain wasn’t a mage, he was just a historyan, a cartographer, a glorified libraryan. Ya i’m not angry at you. Cain dead, Leah transformed and her soul forever damned, added to the gloom and doom, and despair of Sanctuary in D4. I could have imagined a better execution. But in the end story is a big plus, to the lore.

I did not mind Cain dying per se, he was old and his time would have to come anyway unless you would have made him young again through some BS. :stuck_out_tongue: Especially since he found and trained his successor already who did have the power Cain did not, so you could think even if he was worried for her he could die contend in knowing he had passed his obligation on to someone that could grow the horadrim again.

Then they write her out of story completely and make Tyrael create new Horadrim, completely removing their dual nature from past as not per se only light sorcery using.

That all adds to the hoplessness and despair. No more help, everyone is on their own. It’s a good set up for D4. New heroes must arise, to take on the problems of the world.

You know that fighting doesn’t automatically mean a melee combat

campaign determinedly for or against something, especially to put right what one considers unfair or unjust.

Ofc he’s old and weak

But as I showed in my D4 story proposition

He could have use other means to fight and die

He’s from the lineage of the founder of the Horadrims and also has lots of Knowledge

He could have sacrificed himself for the greater good

Not simply killed by a butterfly coming out of nowhere and one shot him

How much do you want to bet we will encounter quite a few old NPC’s though? :stuck_out_tongue: That is the thing in a (A)RPG franchise the world should have some continuation linking it with its past for immersion, you cannot wipe whole slate blank.

Leah could have filled an important role in that with a big threat built in as well as Lillith’s cousin, never knowing where she truly stands between nature and nurture. Likely we will see Tyrael fulfil part of that role though if he is not locked behind the shut gates of heaven (which might be part of reason there is no holy warrior class) and we will likely also have to deal with the new horadrim and some of the old nephalim still around like Rathma and Zei.

Tyrael is likely dead. Leah was the devise to bring Diablo back. She wasn’t making it out of D3 alive.

It’s fine that Cain died. You all just need to let go.

Yeah and that was a horrible waste and an extremely bad part of the writer. Throwing away all she could have been. Besides I would not be surprised if she came back in D4 and it was planned for maybe the expansion we never got anyway.

Just like the Arch rebirths angels, so Tyrael will be rebirthed even if death, the descendants of Tiamat have a similar thing. Well is Leah nephalem or mostly demon with her heritage. I can see a writer want to explore that considering one of the themes of the Lore that Nephalim have a choice, she could be an embodiment of that theme. Which of course does not meant he/she will.

She died and Malthael consumed all the souls. She, much like Cain, are gone for good. We have no clue about Tyrael, for all intents and purposes, he was no longer an angel, doubtful he’ll be reborn.

Human souls yes, Leah is a bit more though as just human or nephalim. It would be incredibly easy for a writer to spin that if they want to or introduce another reason why those souls consumed by Malthael got freed anyway to return to the wheel of rebirth as has been done in another game also called POE (not the ARPG, but the RPG).

Will they do that, no clue but for Leah I could see a writer put in that effort and return her within the lore as a demon lord that has an interesting bringing up.

I’d rather not. She’s just not that interesting of a character, despite the delivery of much of D3s story. D4 takes place decades after D3. Let’s move forward.

We will have to agree to disagree. You cannot argue taste and preference as such and see what D4 will bring. I can assure you though Tyrael will be alive or gets rebirthed from Arch in D4 whatever Malthael did, The Arch was also part of Anu.

You cannot assure anyone anything in regards to D4s story other than it takes place decades after D3 and that Lilith has returned.

It would not fit the lore as represented with Demons and Angels. They are the remnants of Anu and Tiamat continuing their fight and cannot truly die or be destroyed, just banished for a while since Anu and Tiamat are what makes this universe and maybe that they are one part of as the whole before being split since the writers never truly went into this yet. As nephalim are as well, a merger of Anu and Tiamat and cause of that capable of being stronger as Angels or demons since they are whole again.

It would make sense that is the reason, not sure if writers want to take it there though.

Except we have no understanding of what hapoens when an angel give us their powers to become mortal. Angrls are beings of light and sound, devoid of a physical form. Tyrael became mortal and had to eat, suggesting he is no longer an angel. Highly doubtful if he died, he would return. Chances are the gave the old man is at in the gameplay video from 2019 is Tyrael’s.

Nah, more likely that after he died the part of him that was angel/Anu will be reborn. it would even be possible that part would be reborn through the Arch while the human Tyrael was still alive I suspect, the now Tyrael might give up on it but the power would be reborn. Anu must stay whole unless it changes into becoming a part of Tiamat as happened with Izual or part of Tiamat turns into Anu, which we have not seen yet.

Malthael will also be back in time, whether that is again as a refreshed uncorrupted Archangel of Wisdom though or as a demon, who knows.

Edit: Also Tyrael did not give us his power, he renounced his.

Given the evidence from D3 that Tyrael has to actually eat, if he has died, I’d wager he’s dead for good.

This Tyrael yes, but a new archangel of Justice will be rebirthed. Normally he would be same as the old, with Tyrael having renounced his inheritance though it might be a completely new one without his memories or old one being the old Archangel again or anything in between. Not sure how writers will want to spin this, Malthael will also be interesting to see how this will work.