If item granted meteor shower rune, OP?

Star pact meteor shower? Molten impact meteor shower? Seems pretty awesome. Meteor seems like it’s in a pretty bad place now. Shame. Such an iconic spell

2 Likes

They should look into Tal Rasha, into Smoldering Core and some other things… and make an interaction with the other outer space spell we have, which is Black Hole… you know, make casting Black Hole pull Meteors, and casting Meteor drop a Black Hole. Of the same element, obviously. Something like that. Maybe even reducing the CDR on Molten Impact. Increased Impact area, more area damage, guaranteed critical hit, whatever… also, since we have two 2H staves, we could get a bonus on Tal Rasha, when wearing a staff. And a different one, when wearing a source.
I would also look into mobility. They could turn Wave of Force into a Teleport spell. This could be a legendary effect on a shoulder piece, so that it’s obvious to use it with Tal Rasha, similar to Nilfur - because TR has neither boots or shoulders.

Regarding the Meteor Shower rune… yep, I think you mean something like this:

Meteor gains the Meteor Shower rune effect and Meteor Shower now drops two Meteors of every other rune type.

An effect like that could be on Smoldering Core, then. Would likely need a bit more Oomph, so they could increase the area damage by 100% on top of that… since Meteor Shower is a wide range attack anyways, so it would make sense that it deals more area damage. Or guaranteed crit, as you can’t evade being hit. Whatever, there are plenty options.

But maybe that would require a redo of the current Tal Rasha 2 piece… but they should rework that set not matter what, so that’s not really a hindrance.

2 Likes

I think an item should trigger the big molten impact meteor, centered on the target location, and the shower around it for greater AoE coverage. A shower of each element or meteor type would also pretty good in my mind. The problem I see is that for Meteor to be worth putting on your bar for high GR grinding/pushing most likely requires 4 or 5 legendary items. This based on current itemization. We are still strung by the hammies though. Sadly, the old meteor shower build was killed with the channeling nerfs.

This is why I mentioned Black Hole… I already posted something in another topic, so let me just paint a more detailed -and a bit insane- picture:

Jang’s Envelopment [Legendary Belt]
Increases the duration and range of Black Holes by 50%. Enemies hit by Black Hole are now slowed by 80% and take XXX% increased damage from Meteor for 3 seconds.

Smoldering Core [Legendary 2H Staff]
Casting Meteor summons a Black Hole of the same element at your target area and the impact zone is doubled. Meteor gains an effect based on your rune:
• unruned Meteors hit a random ranged enemy every second.
• Thundercrash and Comet fall in Showers.
• Star Pact’s power drain is affected by Resource Cost reduction (= overdrain)
• Meteor Shower drops a Meteor of every other rune
• Molten Impact no longer has a cooldown and strikes twice

The Grand Vizier [Legendary 2H Staff]
Reduces the Arcane Power cost of Meteor by 50% and the skill deals 300-400% more damage. Half your static bonus to Arcane, Cold, Fire and Lightning damage adds to critical damage dealt by Meteor.

Nilfur’s Boast [Legendary Boots]
Increase the damage of Meteor by 600%. When your Meteor hits 3 or fewer enemies, the damage is increased by [675 - 900]% and half the Arcane Power spent is refunded.

Something like that… maybe.

Yeah we need lots of stuff like the above all over the Wiz class.

I suggested a whiled back that they should steal ideas from other games like Grim Dawn. For example, the Arcanist in Grim Dawn has damage element conversion such as % fire converted to arcane. There are other good ideas. Many other games are innovating on the ARPG idea while Blizz is trying to stay in a narrow well traveled lane. The whole dual class concept is really nice. If GD had D3 style graphics, combat, polish, and full time multiplayer servers, Blizz would be in some serious trouble. There is multiplayer but the game seems more designed from single player stand point.

The following just has one point placed into every skill in the tree:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLyKA4Z

Take note of the “Tainted Power” node on Albrecht’s Aether Ray. There are items that will do stuff like % fire and/or % lightning to Aether damage.

I love Grim. I wish it had D3 multi and such. Grim for life