If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

Yes, like 3os eth tomb reavers or zod runes.

Sounds similar to how a lot of D2 trades go down now days. The JSP crowd does this and the rest of the community is self found or trades in game.

Trading can be pretty nice when done in game, one of the best parts of trading in D2 is being able to drop gear for a friend or strangers.

D4 should allow me to drop gear on the ground, going to a trade screen for everything is annoying.

3 Likes

920 comments

jesus christ

some of you all should consider investing in the trading market considering you’re so passionate about trading- if you spend the time and effort you spent in this forum actually doing real trading you might make some bucks out of it

Talking about trade is so pointless. Those that like it like and those that don’t just never will.

What’s more important is itemization, affixes, what can actually roll on these items and how are they used to create a variety of builds.

If they don’t get items right, nobody is going to care whether or not you can trade them because nobody will want them if it’s a crap system.

Also, I want an item grind. I don’t want to be geared out in 5 days during a 3 month season. I would want to watch my build change and grow as things I find (or trade whatever) slowly improves my build over time. I would expect a 3-month gearing/season cycle to last 1 to 1.5 months for the relatively hardcore and even longer for casual players.

The grind needs to be there. Blizzard needs to drop this “simplicity” crap they’ve been leaning on for the last few years. Go back to complexity like Starcraft 2 and old Diablo that actually allowed players to think and make mistakes.

This giving players a quick dopamine hit on easy victories is lame especially for an RPG. Characters have to be given time to develop… i don’t want to be in end-game in 1 day until I get really good at leveling and gearing efficiently over a few seasons.

4 Likes

If everyone left the community then there would be no one making a post and noone to read it.
You left the game too soon!

The thing is, it does NOT matter if you want trading gone. People will find ways to make money off from it, what you’re desiring is preventing the regular player from having small profits from the game and allowing only botters to get money off from that.
Also it does NOT matter if you want trading gone because Blizzard decided to go with knowing that blocking active trading only shove the initial interest under the rug. They will emphasize the full potential at once and see where that brings them first. They can not treat an unlimited supply digital market as a real world one so they will ought to take restrictions to evade issues.

Whining and complaining about usual market flow or how people spend their money doesn’t make the market “the bad guy”. There are tons of MMOs and ARPGs out there with active markets and they’re still popular and free of legal dabble. Your personal opinion or experience about online trading, does not matter in a bigger scheme of things.
If you made a mistake wisen up and shrug it off and move on. Free trading in a visually unlimited digital supply sure ain’t supposed to last stable for long. But, is it the right move to make the market smaller where sellers can inflate prices all they want?

A well controlled market with expert economists working on it to keep its flow in tandem with designers will keep this going. The model you seek is not morally wrong on the surface but it’s pointless to just prevent the regular player from an underlying inevitable aspect of the game. Are you willing to go that extra mile just so botters can prevail? Why are you bothered with what people do with their money when this is inevitable?
There’s no sign of an anti-bot measure in the game yet or any other online title yet. Are there any guarantees? If there’s any sign of an active anti-bot measure by a cloud tech by all means go forward and demand trading to be disabled.

All the evidence you need is out there at the tip of your fingers on a web search. You can even learn how to filter the damn seller bots in D2 if you were to show any effort and tried a web search as well. Here a few issues that developers may face upon allowing RMT but also what they can do about it:
https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/61163/why-should-i-forbid-real-money-trading-in-my-mmo

Twenty, twenty five years ago, this game had trading back then, do you think no trading is the way to go because D3 did it? Just one game? Regardless of trading exist or not, there will be micro transactions to keep this franchise going for sure. I hope you’re at least okay with people spending their money in MTX shop.

Some of us have jobs and some doesn’t have any interest in playing at the market but some do. But I can assure you about one thing; most of us not interested at selling things in a black market.

1 Like

I have nothing against real world trading, and I do invest, mostly for fun/heart attacks.
I just don’t want trading in my A-RPGs, where it does more harm than good.

It’s not like mods would have gotten me any further.

Wasn’t aware that’s possible in WoW, really.

Well, that’s part of the point - assuming I’m already doing real trading, why the flip would I then want to play a game and do the fantasy equivalent of it?

I read the December D4 updates and I like they are bringing back UNIQUES and making them the highest level items with fixed stats.

+1 D4 team.

Just need to bring back free trade and the hostile button. For those that don’t want free trade they can just not trade. For those who don’t want PvP they can either play in their own password-protected games or set level restrictions (D2 even had that feature!).

Let’s have more features and control like we did in D2 and less Communist Party of China mentality. Let the people decide what they want to do.

1 Like

Neither one is coming back for reasons repeated 57 trillion times.

Reasons that would require you to burn too many finger calories typing out?

Let me guess:

1. “Hostile hurts my feels…”
  2. “In a game surrounding war, death, and destruction – I should not be at risk of getting killed!”
  3. “Trading requires too much effort; I just want to be lazy, not have to think or exert effort”
  4. “I don’t have friends that I’m concerned with helping out with items”
  5. “I’m not concerned with trading items that I don’t need for items that I do need”
  6. lights up joint and randomly kills low level monsters
1 Like

PKing being freely possible should never be a thing in any situation. It has nothing to with one’s feelings, it’s about allowing people who have absolutely zero interest in PvP to ignore it.

Trading circumvents the very core of the franchise, killing monsters and getting the loot from them. Playing the trade market ruins that.

If you want to PK and make money in the trade market, go play D2 or something else where those are still possible. Future games should not be ruined with those.

3 Likes

More like
Trading requires too little effort

“Helping” out friends by giving them items hurts their gameplay experience. If you want to help friends… then play the game with them.

You very much should risk getting killed. By monsters.
But if you want to use lore/setting as an argument, there are not really supposed to be other “player characters”, no less any hostile ones, in the game world, so even if there is war and destruction everywhere, there can’t be player killing, when you are all alone against the demons.
Not that I could care less about the lore.

2 Likes

If you want to PvP and so do I, we should be able to fight each other. If you want to PvP and I don’t, why should you be able to force me into it? Why is your fun more important than mine, especially if your fun comes at the expense of me not having any?

2 Likes

So toggle PvP off in your game… or maybe you can join the “No-PvP Realm” like on WoW.

Segregation is never a solution.

The only solution is to make free PK impossible. All PvP should always be opt-in, not opt-out.

2 Likes

Which is what people seem to be asking for.

Have that and a “don’t encounter any other players at all in this game” and it would be fine.

Under a system where I have to flag myself for PvP, or enter a map area that explicitly allows it, I have the choice of whether I want to engage or not.

When someone used to “go hostile” they could kill you, whether you wanted to PvP or not, i.e. the other player took the choice, not you.

Other players being able to force you into gameplay you don’t want is not good design as it annoys the hell out of the player whose choices are being ignored.

2 Likes

Exactly. This is one of the biggest reason why D2 PvP was hideously bad. It was just stupid design which should never be repeated.

3 Likes

People want to be able to toggle PvP on and off, but have the choice be up to them and not up to other players like it was in Diablo 2.

I loved PvP in Diablo 2 but it was always at its best in dueling games where everybody was there to PvP. Ganking other players who didn’t even want to PvP isn’t fun or interesting to me.

and there is no “in your game” in Diablo 4. Diablo 4 will feature a shared world.

So it would need to be a PvP “war mode” toggle like modern WoW uses. One that can only be toggled on or off in town to prevent abuse.

1 Like

i will buy with or without, but i really hope they DONT put free trading into this game. does not belong in a loot HUNTING game!

make it party trade like now, or maybe, just maybe! if they really have to do trading, bring the AH into the game again without real money.
cant let 3rd party sites take controll over it thats one thing for sure.